Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking Internet Access at certain hours

Options
  • 17-10-2018 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Hi, I have broadband with vodafone and then wireless throughout the house with router and a home plug extender.

I have three teenagers who heavily use the wifi but I do want to cut down the hours that the wifi is available i.e. after 11pm etc so that they get to sleep a bit more normally.

Is there another switch that I could sit in front of the router that could block the MAC addresses of their devices at certain times or maybe an app that gets installed on the devices to do the same?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 PatchIt

Hi there ,

Your best option is probably upgrading modem to one with parental controls. Lynksis AC1600 or AC1900 will allow you to allow or block specific devices or give them time schedule and by using their app you will be able to see connected devices in real time.

Hope that helps.

If you need more info or help PM me and I will try and help.

regards Armands

goalie2 wrote: »
    Hi, I have broadband with vodafone and then wireless throughout the house with router and a home plug extender.

I have three teenagers who heavily use the wifi but I do want to cut down the hours that the wifi is available i.e. after 11pm etc so that they get to sleep a bit more normally.

Is there another switch that I could sit in front of the router that could block the MAC addresses of their devices at certain times or maybe an app that gets installed on the devices to do the same?

Thanks

Advertisement