Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for old VHS tapes and players

• 17-10-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Limerick city area would know of anyone who is either throwing out any old VHS players or VHS tapes? I'm looking for them for a audio project for college, so ideally the tapes can be old and worn and the VHS does not need to be in great condition at all. I'm also happy to pay for anything that is available.

Also, if anyone has seen these sort of items in the any charity shops around the town recently let me know and I can pop down over the next day or so.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Limerick city area would know of anyone who is either throwing out any old VHS players or VHS tapes? I'm looking for them for a audio project for college, so ideally the tapes can be old and worn and the VHS does not need to be in great condition at all. I'm also happy to pay for anything that is available.

Also, if anyone has seen these sort of items in the any charity shops around the town recently let me know and I can pop down over the next day or so.

Thanks very much.

Try the Limerick Animal Welfare. Any of the two shops they have in town I kind of remember seen VHS tapes in one. There is another charity shop in Parnell street you should try that one too.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

tanit wrote: »
    Try the Limerick Animal Welfare. Any of the two shops they have in town I kind of remember seen VHS tapes in one. There is another charity shop in Parnell street you should try that one too.

Best of luck

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

There's a second hand shop across from Windmill Pharmacy on Lower Gerald Griffin street that I've seen a decent collection of VHS in. Not sure about players - Worth a shot though!

Miike wrote: »
    There's a second hand shop across from Windmill Pharmacy on Lower Gerald Griffin street that I've seen a decent collection of VHS in. Not sure about players - Worth a shot though!

Was in there today! Managed to get a few tape cassettes and a microcassette player! But no VHS yet unfortunately. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was in there today! Managed to get a few tape cassettes and a microcassette player! But no VHS yet unfortunately. Thanks.

I have a VHS player if you want it, can't be certain it works but it 100% powers on.

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    I have a VHS player if you want it, can't be certain it works but it 100% powers on.

That would be great! If it powers on it's something to work with at least! I'll pm you about contact details. Thanks again.

Advertisement