Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a greenhouse? recommendations

Options
  • 17-10-2018 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭

Looking to but a small greenhouse for my father. Size 6 x 4 or 6x6. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

got this one about 3 years back put it up in my back garden and its still standing strong

bit of a pain putting it together esp the gable ends you'll need a helping hand for that part..also make sure you assemble it on a dry calm day

*you may have to pre-order takes about a week or so to get them delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Thanks fryup. Do they deliver to ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Stupid question but how big we're the boxes it was delivered in

2 flat pack's, around 2 x 6 foot with assembly instructions included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fryup wrote: »
    2 flat pack's, around 2 x 6 foot with assembly instructions included

They only deliver to the UK. How did you get it delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

You could use Address Pal.

Zebbedee wrote: »
    You could use Address Pal.

Its a bit big for Address Pal
    Oversized Items:
    Should your item be oversize, we will contact you and your item will be available for collection from a Delivery Service Unit subject to a fee of €25. Items over the Home Delivery dimensions or over 20kg in weight will be refused and returned to sender.

well 3 years back i just went to my local B&Q in Limerick and told them the one i wanted and they ordered it for me....so i presume if you go to your local B&Q they'll do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

One recommendation I have is always get a bigger greenhouse than you think you need. Any decent gardener will easily fill up any greenhouse no matter how big with plants.

my3cents wrote: »
    One recommendation I have is always get a bigger greenhouse than you think you need. Any decent gardener will easily fill up any greenhouse no matter how big with plants.

I can second this advice.

This year we had a polytunnel installed 32ftx14ft. We went bigger than what we had originally planned for and its already getting cramped!!!

• Advertisement

TheTorment wrote: »

This year we had a polytunnel installed 32ftx14ft. We went bigger than what we had originally planned for and its already getting cramped!!!

Speaking of polytunnels.

Whalich is better? A tunnel or greenhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Speaking of polytunnels.

Whalich is better? A tunnel or greenhouse?

Greenhouse is smaller but sturdier. Tunnel can be as big as you want but the plastic will need replacing periodically. I have a very exposed site so the greenhouse was the only option for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Roen wrote: »

They are a bit lightweight, one of the big DIY chains used to stock something similar with the same type of construction and they aren't as solid as a greenhouse with glass in it.

^^^^^^^^^^

well the one i mentioned above is polycarbonate and its still holding up well even after all the storms...as long as you construct it properly and don't leave it too exposed it should stand the test of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Hi, I know it's ages ago now, but do you mind telling me where you got it and how much was it?
    Thanks.

deirdremf wrote: »
    Hi, I know it's ages ago now, but do you mind telling me where you got it and how much was it?
    Thanks.

Got it from Colm Warren polytunnels.

https://www.thepolytunnelcompany.ie/polytunnels

Price will be dependent on what way you want it built. The website builds the polytunnel you want and prices it accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Got it from Colm Warren polytunnels.

https://www.thepolytunnelcompany.ie/polytunnels

Price will be dependent on what way you want it built. The website builds the polytunnel you want and prices it accordingly.
    Thank you so much for the speedy reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Ksb do some good sturdy polycarbonate houses and tunnels.

Advertisement