Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apn settings

Options
  • 18-10-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi my friend is out of the country and cannot get a data connection. He was in an accident and is in a hospital bed waiting for surgery tomorrow. I am trying to help him get his data working. He has credit as I sent him a €30 top up. He roaming is on. He has a dual sim phone and the data is working on the other European sim and network. When he switches to eir it won't work. Elr calls are working fine. I rang tech support to ask them to send the apn settings to his phone but they say they need to talk to him. Its not possible for him to talk at the moment. I am just trying to get the settings sent to his phone that's all. They keep quoting gdpr. I have not asked to discus his account, he could input the settings himself if it was physically possible. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Shocking customer service! Kyle responded to multiple other posts today and ignored mine. Just proves yor boards, customer service (aka Customer non-service) is worse than your call centre. Thank the lord I am not an Eir customer.  I will figure this out myself. 

Thanks for nothing. Seriously a customer of yours lying in a hospital bed in a different county after an accident and you don't have the respect to answer, even if its to admit you are useless and won't help.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

paska wrote: »
    Shocking customer service! Kyle responded to multiple other posts today and ignored mine. Just proves yor boards, customer service (aka Customer non-service) is worse than your call centre. Thank the lord I am not an Eir customer.  I will figure this out myself. 

Thanks for nothing. Seriously a customer of yours lying in a hospital bed in a different county after an accident and you don't have the respect to answer, even if its to admit you are useless and won't help.  
    Hi there paska

Here on Boards we have a 24 hour response time. In order to get your friend sorted, he will have to call directly as this issue could be either account, SIM or handset related. Without accessing his account, the technical support team won't be able to help.

I completely understand your friend's situation and really sorry to hear but due to GDPR, we will only be able to discuss or access an account if it's the account holder or if you're noted as an authorised user on that account.

Hope you get everything sorted and wishing your friend a speedy recovery.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there paska

Here on Boards we have a 24 hour response time. In order to get your friend sorted, he will have to call directly as this issue could be either account, SIM or handset related. Without accessing his account, the technical support team won't be able to help.

I completely understand your friend's situation and really sorry to hear but due to GDPR, we will only be able to discuss or access an account if it's the account holder or if you're noted as an authorised user on that account.

-Kyle
    Whatever! 

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi there paska

-Kyle
    Just to give you an update. I emailed the apn settings I found online to an English speaking doctor who set them up on my friend's phone and all is good. No need to get the FBI or Interpol involved.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback but I am also sure that you can understand that the security of our customers accounts are paramount and we can't access or make any amendments without speaking with the account holder directly and confirming data protection.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Advertisement

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    I understand your frustration and appreciate your feedback but I am also sure that you can understand that the security of our customers accounts are paramount and we can't access or make any amendments without speaking with the account holder directly and confirming data protection.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Well, then why did nobody offer to contact him given the exceptional circumstances. In fact, don't even answer that. He got a virgin media account today.

Advertisement