Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper mortgages closed?

• 18-10-2018 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Rang pepper office today and it says the office is temporary closed :D
    Are they out of business now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭winksblinks

News says they have been sold to Finance Ireland for residential. My loan offer letter was due to issue this week - application done, valuation paid and ready to go on a house. Devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stoko

News says they have been sold to Finance Ireland for residential. My loan offer letter was due to issue this week - application done, valuation paid and ready to go on a house. Devastated.

https://www.financeireland.ie/announcements/finance-ireland-announces-entry-into-irish-residential-mortgage-market/

Ring them?

Stoko wrote: »

Already did and they don't have any information. I'm in no-mans land I guess as I haven't drawn down yet.

I wouldn't worry it be just a week or 2 delay.

God I hope so. Notice given on the rental house and everything so if it falls through I'm really going to be stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Broad72

We are waiting to get approval and they have been delayed and telling us everyday for the last three weeks that we should have a decision "tomorrow", lots of tomorrow's and now this! How do we explain this to the owners of the house we are buying. Pepper have obviously been delaying any approvals and not being honest with us.

Also devastated!

Broad72 wrote: »
    We are waiting to get approval and they have been delayed and telling us everyday for the last three weeks that we should have a decision "tomorrow", lots of tomorrow's and now this! How do we explain this to the owners of the house we are buying. Pepper have obviously been delaying any approvals and not being honest with us.

That’s my worry too - I got confirmation only yesterday that the loan offer was due to go out. I’ve valuation and everything done. I tried to get clarification from Finance Ireland today but nothing other than call Pepper because until draw down I’m a “pending application”. I’m 4 weeks off moving and very scared over what happens now.

Will Finance Ireland move forward (or be willing to move forward) with people who are ready to draw down???? Pepper would only take a message with a promise of a call back today.

They appear very non committal in their press release and only to say that pending customers will be "contacted" with no insight either positive or negative.I am not hopeful unfortunately, I am open to being wrong on this and really hope I am just being unneccessarily pessimistic. Good luck!

Broad72 wrote: »
    They appear very non committal in their press release and only to say that pending customers will be "contacted" with no insight either positive or negative.I am not hopeful unfortunately, I am open to being wrong on this and really hope I am just being unneccessarily pessimistic. Good luck!

You too - it’s heartbreaking to get so close.

Saw that as well - “will be contacted” could mean anything as you sat. I’m hoping that a sale of this size will take time to transfer and neither side will want new business to stop during that transition.

I’ll be on the phone first thing tomorrow if they reopen the phone line.

• Advertisement

Very bad practice to close the phone lines - demonstrates negativity and suspicion from the outset!
    You too - it’s heartbreaking to get so close.

Saw that as well - “will be contacted” could mean anything as you sat. I’m hoping that a sale of this size will take time to transfer and neither side will want new business to stop during that transition.

I’ll be on the phone first thing tomorrow if they reopen the phone line.

Seems that they are back and all should be fine.
    They ensured me that nothing will change with the applications and they are being progressed.
    Happy days!

Seems that they are back and all should be fine.
    They ensured me that nothing will change with the applications and they are being progressed.
    Happy days!

I got the same, thank goodness! We are counted as "current customers". They said a day or two delay in paperwork going out that should have gone out this week. Major relief.

The fun of buying a property haha

Morning,

Could we post here with any updates of our loan apps? At least we can see if things are really progressing.

I am told I will be hearing from peppers later in the week with a loan offer.

Morning,

Could we post here with any updates of our loan apps? At least we can see if things are really progressing.

I am told I will be hearing from peppers later in the week with a loan offer.

I was told Friday that mine should be going out today to my solicitor. I'll relax when it does! I'll update as soon as I have any more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 COH1975

I got the same, thank goodness! We are counted as "current customers". They said a day or two delay in paperwork going out that should have gone out this week. Major relief.
    Hiya, just wondering if you got any further with Pepper over the past few days? We have application in progress & was told last week after the announcement that our application was gone to the underwriters, but when I checked in with them today they said it was still being reviewed & would go to underwriters in the next few days!! We are a month waiting to get to this stage, is this normal? I’m freaking out that after all this waiting that the underwriters will just decline the application especially now that Finance Ireland have taken over! I’m a nervous wreck :(. How long did your application take?

COH1975 wrote: »
    Hiya, just wondering if you got any further with Pepper over the past few days? We have application in progress & was told last week after the announcement that our application was gone to the underwriters, but when I checked in with them today they said it was still being reviewed & would go to underwriters in the next few days!! We are a month waiting to get to this stage, is this normal? I’m freaking out that after all this waiting that the underwriters will just decline the application especially now that Finance Ireland have taken over! I’m a nervous wreck :(. How long did your application take?

Mine was with the underwriters for 5 weeks.

Good god! I just can’t understand why it takes so long! & it’s so frustrating when you call them & they keep saying it’ll be tomorrow or a few days that then turns into weeks!! We will just have to hang in there, as long as we actually get the loan offer in the end that’s all that matters!! Best of luck with yours :)

COH1975 wrote: »
    Good god! I just can’t understand why it takes so long! & it’s so frustrating when you call them & they keep saying it’ll be tomorrow or a few days that then turns into weeks!! We will just have to hang in there, as long as we actually get the loan offer in the end that’s all that matters!! Best of luck with yours :)

Thanks! My loan offer was due to be issued to my solicitor yesterday. I got a call confirming this on Monday and was told at that point there would be no more delays. I need to sign contracts and pay the balance of the 10% by the end of next week at the latest so I'll update when I have the loan offer and have sat down with my solicitor.

• Advertisement

I got a call from them today confirming that they will be issuing my offer in the next couple of days. Will update when I actually get it.

As of this morning my loan offer has still not gone out and is still with the underwriter. I'm running out of time so really hoping it goes out today.

I just wanted to update - got my mortgage paperwork on Thursday and got it and my contracts signed with the solicitors on Friday. Hopefully smooth sailing from this point!

Hope everyone else got sorted.

I just wanted to update - got my mortgage paperwork on Thursday and got it and my contracts signed with the solicitors on Friday. Hopefully smooth sailing from this point!

All the best with your new home!

All the best with your new home!

That’s great news! Mine is finally with the underwriters, so hopefully it will all go well for us! Best of luck with your new house ��

That’s great news! Mine is finally with the underwriters, so hopefully it will all go well for us! Best of luck with your new house 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 27 technodj

Hi Guys,
    Im new to boards. Just checking with you guys to see how you got on after Approval in principle. My file is with the underwriters 2 days. Anyone got any info on how long the process takes or did take. Also do you guys know if they decline many mortgages in the underwriting phase. Seems like a really long process judging from the posts

Thanks in advance

technodj wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Im new to boards. Just checking with you guys to see how you got on after Approval in principle. My file is with the underwriters 2 days. Anyone got any info on how long the process takes or did take. Also do you guys know if they decline many mortgages in the underwriting phase. Seems like a really long process judging from the posts

Thanks in advance
    Mine was with the underwriters for 9 days, they confirmed yesterday that the mortgage was approved pending valuation, we are now in the valuation stage which takes another 10 days then it will be the loan offer stage I presume that will take another week at least! It is a very long process, they tell me it’s sheer volume of applications that’s causing the delays! Regarding declined mortgages at underwriter phase, they basically said that once the application actually gets to the underwriter phase it’s usually a good sign but that nothing is guaranteed! I’m sure your application will be fine, best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 technodj

Thanks for the info very much appreciated
    Please god it goes well for everyone on the post, Im a month to the day at this.
    Keep us posted

Advertisement