Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pepper mortgages closed?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭winksblinks

Looking back mine was about 3 weeks with the underwriters - it went 1st week in September. Valuation took another 3ish weeks for it to be done and the loan offer written up. The loan offer issued the last week in October, so from the file going to the underwriters to loan offer it was roughly 7 weeks.

I've signed everything with my solicitor and hope to drawdown within the next 4 weeks!

Stick with it, you will get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 technodj

Thanks for the info, thats an aweful long time. Suppose once you get the keys it be worth the wait. Did you ever hear of anyone being declined in the underwriting stage ?
    Thanks again

technodj wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, thats an aweful long time. Suppose once you get the keys it be worth the wait. Did you ever hear of anyone being declined in the underwriting stage ?
    Thanks again

Apologies for the late response. I was told highly unlikely (unless you fail the stress test, stressed up to 2%) as they have a pre assessment stage that your file goes through before it goes to the underwriters. I did google that particular question a lot when I was applying as well!

Thanks for that.
    I have to send in more bank statements from the last 2 weeks and fill in a salary cert which they didnt ask for initially . Hope thats all they need

Finance Ireland will take over Pepper from the 7th of Dec heard today

• Advertisement

technodj wrote: »
    Finance Ireland will take over Pepper from the 7th of Dec heard today

Yep that's true. I got a letter this morning saying I had to drawdown by the 4th of December or the loan offer would be rescinded and I'd have to reapply via finance Ireland. Scrambling this morning to get things over the line as the house is not ready for completion yet.

Shocking lack of notice given the assurances a few weeks ago that there would be no impact on existing customers with loan offers.

I hope you get It
    We got told finace ireland will be the lender.
    We still havent been approved fully, left in limbo

Edited to add I got further clarification following a call back from Pepper - situation not as bad as I thought, correspondence was very unclear.

If you have your loan offer, it still stands, you just have to redo all the acceptance paperwork on Finance Ireland headed. I do want to avoid that so I'm pushing to drawdown by next Tuesday.

Doesnt sound to bad
    I was told today that my loan is with underwriters but when & if Its fully approved it will be from finace Ireland...long process all the same

Pepper is now Finance Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 COH1975

We closed yesterday 🥳 it was a long process with Pepper but in the end it went very smoothly & I have to say everyone I dealt with in Pepper were brilliant! I just hope the same customer service will follow with Finance Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

COH1975 wrote: »
    We closed yesterday 🥳 it was a long process with Pepper but in the end it went very smoothly & I have to say everyone I dealt with in Pepper were brilliant! I just hope the same customer service will follow with Finance Ireland!

From my own dealings. All the same Core on the ground staff will be working in the new company.

COH1975 wrote: »

I closed Friday and funds were in the solicitors account yesterday. I need a long holiday after the stress of the last few weeks!

Congrats
    Delighted for you. Im currently with the underwriter still awaiting an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Willow1984

I closed Friday and funds were in the solicitors account yesterday. I need a long holiday after the stress of the last few weeks!

Hi winksblinks iv my offer letter all all legal stuff signed and sent off in the post on friday.. what was your experience like with drawing down ..did it take long. Did they ask for anymore documemtation off you other than what your solicitor sent in. Sorry about all the questions its been a very stressful road to get here im just hoping this is plain sailing from here on out

Willow1984 wrote: »
    Hi winksblinks iv my offer letter all all legal stuff signed and sent off in the post on friday.. what was your experience like with drawing down ..did it take long. Did they ask for anymore documemtation off you other than what your solicitor sent in. Sorry about all the questions its been a very stressful road to get here im just hoping this is plain sailing from here on out

Nothing more than was listed in the loan offer letter. That was all provided and sent back from the solicitor. Took about a week for them to cross check the legals and get it signed off. That happened on a Friday and funds were with the solicitor on Monday. After months of a go slow it all happened very quickly in the end. I agree it’s very stressful but you are nearly there and you will soon be celebrating in your new home!

Nothing more than was listed in the loan offer letter. That was all provided and sent back from the solicitor. Took about a week for them to cross check the legals and get it signed off. That happened on a Friday and funds were with the solicitor on Monday. After months of a go slow it all happened very quickly in the end. I agree it’s very stressful but you are nearly there and you will soon be celebrating in your new home!

Thanks winksblinks. Please god now it will be as painless as yours was. Fingers cross. I cant wait to finally get a nights sleep again and not loosing it over stress!!!!

Thanks winksblinks. Please god now it will be as painless as yours was. Fingers cross. I cant wait to finally get a nights sleep again and not loosing it over stress!!!!

I finally completely relaxed when the first mortgage payment went out!

I finally completely relaxed when the first mortgage payment went out!

😂😂.. Also Should it be me ringing everyday or should it be my solicitor ringing to get it closed. Also what section should i be ringing or do i just speak to a peppers/ finance service customer service representative. I rang today and they could tell me nothing😣

😂😂.. Also Should it be me ringing everyday or should it be my solicitor ringing to get it closed. Also what section should i be ringing or do i just speak to a peppers/ finance service customer service representative. I rang today and they could tell me nothing😣

Get your solicitor to ring the completions dept (on the paperwork they got) and you keep pushing customer service. Keep asking how long, keep reminding them you have a deposit paid and a buyer waiting. Keep asking on what is needed, what is outstanding. Just keep pushing!

• Advertisement

Get your solicitor to ring the completions dept (on the paperwork they got) and you keep pushing customer service. Keep asking how long, keep reminding them you have a deposit paid and a buyer waiting. Keep asking on what is needed, what is outstanding. Just keep pushing!

Thanks winksblinks. Will do

Advertisement