Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rare Replay (Xbox One) - €4.99 [Smyths]

• 18-10-2018 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Cheap as (slightly expensive) chips.. good scatter of stock around too!

146927.jpg
    Buy it @ Smyths
    30 GAMES IN ONE BOX

To celebrate its 30th anniversary, Rare Ltd. brings together the adventures of its iconic characters in a collection of 30 games that span the decades. From its earliest 2-D classics to Xbox 360 triumphs, "Rare Replay" is lovingly presented for Xbox One and delivers a treasure trove for veteran players and newcomers alike.

All 30 of the following games are included on one disc!

1. Atic Atac 2. Banjo-Kazooie 3. Banjo-Tooie 4. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts 5. Battletoads 6. Battletoads Arcade 7. Blast Corps 8. Cobra Triangle 9. Conker’s Bad Fur Day 10. Digger T. Rock 11. Grabbed by the Ghoulies 12. Gunfright 13. Jet Force Gemini 14. Jetpac 15. Jetpac Refuelled 16. Kameo: Elements of Power 17. Killer Instinct Gold 18. Knight Lore 19. Lunar Jetman 20. Perfect Dark 21. Perfect Dark Zero 22. R.C. Pro-Am 23. R.C. Pro-Am 2 24. Sabre Wulf 25. Slalom 26. Snake Rattle n Roll 27. Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship 28. Underwurlde 29. Viva Pinata 30. Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I assume this should be €49.99? and not €4.99 like in the title?

Edit: Nope apparently not. Ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Oh man, I loved Blast Corpos, worth it for that alone! Are these remastered versions of the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

the corpo wrote: »
    Are these remastered versions of the games?
    Accordingly to this:
    • Grabbed By The Ghoulies was the only game in the collection to be newly remastered to run natively on Xbox One.
    • Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Perfect Dark are all remastered Xbox Live Arcade versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

Thanks again for the heads up on this, nabbed a copy yesterday in Carrickmines. True bargain, had me up til all hours revisiting some classics!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ No worries. Picked up a copy myself yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Feckin £5 over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Worth it for Perfect Dark remastered alone, but it's a great collection with absolutely tons of gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Jet Pac, originally 16k of perfection.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Viva Pinata <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Happy memories of playing Jet Pac on my cousins 48k speccy.

Unfortunately I have a PS4 not an Xbone. Is there summat similar for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Zilog

Pique wrote: »
    Happy memories of playing Jet Pac on my cousins 48k speccy.

Unfortunately I have a PS4 not an Xbone. Is there summat similar for me?
    Jetpac was the first game I purchased directly from Ultimate (pre Rare) via post from them at Ashby-de-la-Zouch, for my 16k Speccy. For years afterwards they posted me game poster art!

Microsoft bought Rare so unlikely to see on the PS ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Is it weird that I would love to play a ZX Spectrum game that ran on a 16K machine, on my PS4?

Actually, any of the old Taito, Konami etc. coin-op games on a modern console would make me very happy.I actually gave serious consideration to picking this up the other day.
    166358.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There were some amazing compilation collections on the PS2/Xbox, the Midway Arcade Classics I think? It's incredible how well some of them hold up today in terms of sheer fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Pique wrote: »
    Is it weird that I would love to play a ZX Spectrum game that ran on a 16K machine, on my PS4?

Actually, any of the old Taito, Konami etc. coin-op games on a modern console would make me very happy.I actually gave serious consideration to picking this up the other day.
    You should head to the arcade & retro forum, it might be already discussed or if you ask they might have better advice.

here are some old games I was mentioning in that forum a while ago.
    rubadub wrote: »
    I have some old arcade games on the PS3 which were updated, just wondering if there are any more.

R-type dimensions is great, you get rtype 1 & 2 and can change to enhanced graphics or switch back to original arcade graphics even midplay.

Final fight can change graphics to simiulate a CRT like those retroarch shaders, or smoothen the graphics. Or you can have an arcade bezel.

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo : HD Remix can also play original graphics or updated ones.

Are there any others like this?

so arcade rtype was this
    rtype-main.jpg?itok=UOGziYUB

would look like this, there is 2 player mode, gameplay & the feel of it seemed identical to me.

RTD_coop_R1_stage1boss_3d.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1

You can also get emulators to play all the old games.
    It's incredible how well some of them hold up today in terms of sheer fun.
    As the graphics were so basic I think they might have put a lot more time into perfecting the gameplay back then. Also you usually only had 1-2 buttons. I dislike many current games, it is like they go "oh the controller has 52 buttons, better make sure to use each and every one of them". I want old school arcade games, lash in 10p and you could just play with no need for instruction.

Advertisement