Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelving.

Options
  • 18-10-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you guys do to make runs of bookshelves. I've been using pocket hole screws so far and its fine as it ties the unit together. The downside is the not so nice plastic covers over the holes.
    I've seen commercial shelving with no visible means of support - although a lot of them are painted and may conceal hardware. There are also the very expensive Festool Domino and Lamello systems but they are a bit pricey for home use. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

You could cut matching plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

lgk wrote: »
    You could cut matching plugs?

Thanks. Forgot about that. I imagine plugs are fine with solid timber where you can give them a final sanding. I see a Magic Wire' system online which is just a steel bar let into the verticals and a slot milled into the horizontal edges. It won't tie the unit together but ls totally invisible. Anybody tried that ?

Advertisement