Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I don't think so. People know a scrote is a scrote. The amount of concern everybody has about 'genuine' homeless should mean it gets sorted in no time I'd imagine....

Fair play if you don't think so, the reaction on most social media platforms I have read that concerns homelessness shares one theme the behaviour of Cash. Alot getting tarred with the one brush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nah just don't eat b*ll**** even when some clown is trying to force feed it to me. I have sympathy for those are genuinely homeless as Cash has done the sector serious harm with her behaviour.

I think most people feel sorry for those who are homeless. Even those who may end up having a kid young and need a bit of support for a while.
    However I don't know many people who have much time for people like Magaret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Fair play if you don't think so, the reaction on most social media platforms I have read that concerns homelessness shares one theme the behaviour of Cash. Alot getting tarred with the one brush.

The likes of her get used as a handy excuse for not giving a f***. But we all know there are 'genuine' homeless and the housing crisis hits the working tax paying majority and all the Margret Cash's in the world can't divert from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

This woman is being picked on as an individual just because people can do it. That makes her a victim.

This summer, coming to theatres across the country.

A struggling single mother, Margaret Cash has always protected her family, her people, herself.

One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked onto the streets of South Dublin, Cash is faced with a stark choice...pull off a daring heist at Penny's, or be crushed.

Cash just wants her 4eva home. But Niall Boylan, the gubbernerment, Peter Casey, a mob of violent ethno fascists who post on boards.ie and corrupt politicians stand in her way. Most if not all of Ireland seems to be standing in her way. Her only answer is to fight back and take over the city herself.

Pat Shortt stars as Margaret in 2019s hit motion picture "Cash".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I have become of the view, changed my mind even, that social welfare payments, specifically Job Seekers Allowance, be reduced on a incremental basis in correlation to length of time claiming them, for everyone, travelers or otherwise. As an incentive to do something with your life, not to be mean.

Taking travelers as an extreme example of a demographic who generally don't work and indeed have no intention of working, and I know some non-travelers do the same, I do think that social welfare payments here are that bit too generous, such that one can get by pretty OK. I'm not talking about housing payments, that is money that does not go into the pockets of the welfare claimants.

If Mags social was cut in half and those like her, there may be some money to build housing for them. Not that that housing should be in any way of a high standard which she expects, just a roof over her head. Not somewhere she wants to live, not somewhere she likes, not somewhere she prefers, not somewhere near her friends, not somewhere with a nice view, not somewhere close to Penny's.

The general point I'm making is that it's just not on to make no effort to get a job and the social welfare system seems to be enabling that attitude, travelers and non-travelers alike. In other words house the travelers but give them f-all disposable income.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm all for getting rid of child benefit full stop. Makes no sense to me at all. People are literally being rewarded for having sex and popping out a kid, instead of being reprimanded for getting pregnant while unable to actually support a kid. If there was no money incentive, people would be less likely to horse out 7 of them without a thought as to how to pay for them.

Granted, wouldn't have changed a thing in this case i'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They are born and their first word is gimme......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

They are born and their first word is gimme......
    :mad:

:mad:

Gimme a pound...... No you're safe they would turn a pound down it would have to be a lot more then that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

tuxy wrote: »
    Stop that nonsense.
    Just say the rosary and everything will be grand!

A copy and share = a prayer

86e125161d505506ab7f84831fcfd719.png

TRIGGERED

• Advertisement

Am I not allowed to concentrate on one example rather than go to the trouble which you have done of naming all the others.

I have never read any of those other threads you mention - and have no interest in doing so.

By the way, your first argument is flawed because the thread is not about the individual Jamie Bolger but about all the issue which arose re the making of the film concerning the boys who murdered him.

The reason I focussed on the M. Cash thread is because it announces the felony she has been found guilty of and which has been tried in the courts. Why should that woman have to suffer having her misdemeanor announced on a daily basis on this forum after it has been dealt with in the Court? It sickens me when I see it every day.

There is a moral issue here, far as I'm concerned. No matter what her behaviour or situation, does she not deserve the same courtesy and consideration that we would expect for ourselves - or are we so superior that this does not apply?

You do realise that a felony is a serious crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe she’ll keep her sticky fingers to herself in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe she’ll keep her sticky fingers to herself in future

Why would she? I don't think she even had to return any of the items from Pennys or pay a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

No matter what her behaviour or situation, does she not deserve the same courtesy and consideration that we would expect for ourselves
    Absolutely not. What on earth could make it logical for this to be the case?

And saying we are causing "suffering" to her? When she's constantly putting herself in the public eye? Ah it's just very naive VF.
    or are we so superior that this does not apply?
    Absolutely. When we behave like she does, that no longer applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭eastwest

Paddy Cow wrote:
    But she's the victim and people on this thread are heartless bullies

Nah just don't eat b*ll**** even when some clown is trying to force feed it to me. I have sympathy for those are genuinely homeless as Cash has done the sector serious harm with her behaviour.
    Sadly, that's the key issue. This kind of cynical abuse of society is what allows people to dismiss the problems of the genuinely homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Imagine she will be caught robbing again very soon. Her lot dont change.. thats just fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

rafatoni wrote: »
    Imagine she will be caught robbing again very soon. Her lot dont change.. thats just fact.

Exactly.What else is she going to do get a job like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

They themselves receive thousands each year without ever being expected to contribute positively to society.

Let's be honest, they give jobs to Gardai!
    Without them the Garda would have to cut he workforce...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Ray Palmer wrote: »

People living in cheap caravan at the side of the road with no stable income and no real assets is poor.
    In you don't pay rent to live in a house - you'll end up living on the street or in cheap caravan. This works for anyone in this country, not only for travelers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

na1 wrote: »

That’s one positive I suppose but far outweighed by them been a scourge on society.

• Advertisement

na1 wrote: »

No they wouldn't the Gardai at most don't go anywhere near them.

They actually need to police it much better and use force if needed.

Gardai do not go into halting sites unless in huge numbers.... This itself is exactly what's wrong as they need to put them in order.

Gardai do not go into halting sites unless in huge numbers.... This itself is exactly what's wrong as they need to put them in order.

Not true. My son is a Guard and has with his colleague has gone into a halting site where he is based on a regular basis. Just the 2 of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Stop that nonsense.

TRIGGERED
    If shes so religious maybe she should adhere to one of the commandments....thou shalt not STEAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

rafatoni wrote: »

She's become such a celebrity for the right-on lefty sheep that she can probably just make demands on Facebook and they'll deliver whatever she wants.

Not true. My son is a Guard and has with his colleague has gone into a halting site where he is based on a regular basis. Just the 2 of them .

I'm not talking about the small ones with one or 2 houses.

I am wrong in what I said as I didn't mean all so apologies for tgat.

Look at the amount of them in riot gear that went into one recently.

There is one close to me with 8 houses but 2 destroyed and they do go in there when needed.

I'm not talking about the small ones with one or 2 houses.

Neither am I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

I just listened to that segment on Niall Boylan, fuppin hell, I didn't expect an intellectual but I at least thought she would have had some sort of argument, but she just screamed at him "gubbermint, gubbermint!!!"
    And walked away shouting when asked the reasonable query about personal responsibility.

She came across as an utter utter thug.

Amazing that so many people have sympathy for her.

I just listened to that segment on Niall Boylan, fuppin hell, I didn't expect an intellectual but I at least thought she would have had some sort of argument, but she just screamed at him "gubbermint, gubbermint!!!"
    And walked away shouting when asked the reasonable query about personal responsibility.

No matter what she says there's people who will have sympathy for her.
    The belief is there your entitled to a house in your given area.

No matter what she says there's people who will have sympathy for her. The belief is there your entitled to a house in your given area.

I find it amazing that people have said she deserves the house she got. Other than get pregnant multiple times from a young age I fail to understand how she deserves anything.

• Advertisement

I find it amazing that people have said she deserves the house she got. Other than get pregnant multiple times from a young age I fail to understand how she deserves anything.

Ah Hun i is a delerighted you got your 4eva home......

Go learn how to right you thicks....

Shocking mentality and the government are actually doing nothing at all to put a stop to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Shocking mentality and the government are actually doing nothing at all to put a stop to it.

:D

sligojoek wrote: »
    :D

Thought you would like that ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Someone said people just begrugding someone doing well and another poster slated them saying "doing well? Doing well is earning a living,keeping a roof over your families head and putting food on the table,not going to the papers and popping out kids"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Stop that nonsense.

TRIGGERED
    If shes so religious maybe she should adhere to one of the commandments....thou shalt not STEAL.

The commandment is:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

lbc2019 wrote: »
    The commandment is:

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours goods

Thats another one!

• Advertisement

I do wonder what her family legacy will cost us for their time on this planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Only thugs have sympathy for thugs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I heard her new abode is haunted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

By the ghost of morals

"You better have paid for that Margaret"

"Oh that looks expensive, found a job have we?"

"No! Take that pill and put a rubber on that Mickey,we aren't having another one"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Will my spelling be the next thing to be corrected? A good way of detract8ng from the issue!

VF you have been very defensive of her, did you hear her on Niall Boylan?
    What did you think of her attitude ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

Take a deep breath, conserve your precious outrage for something more worthy, be more honest and just *think*...

- She puts herself in the spotlight constantly
    - Her behaviour is appalling - selfish, dishonest, aggressive, rude, self entitled and ungrateful (not to mention the criminality) - we are not the lowlives here, nor the ones that should feel ashamed. She doesn't give a sh1t about anyone so you're being a mug to get offended on her behalf.
    - She's not a timid, vulnerable little victim - she can take care of herself.

Ask yourself what kind of way is it to be thinking that internet comments about dreadful behaviour is worse than the dreadful behaviour.

Also, use your anger for people like her unfortunate neighbours, for people who need state supports, like the sick, disabled, carers, those laid off in their 50s and struggling to find work because of their age - who are being robbed by the likes of her.

Use it for people who work hard, struggle to meet outgoings and don't get a thing despite paying their taxes while this freeloader gets everything for nothing - and demands it.

Because right now you don't look like you give a sh1t about them and are only interested in virtue signalling on behalf of someone who is very well looked after indeed. And that to me is what's shameful.

Can I thank this twice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

They have to? Have you a link to any legislative text that says as much?

My own house is fine please and thank you.

If you read my post properly , it is the recommendations of the inquest jury .And as the jury are reasonable people , I agee with them. Most publicly owned buildings have someone trained in firesafety who is living on site , and buildings where there isn't a brick wall between them are required to have fire stops installed , eg attics in terraced or semi d houses.
    It's law since 2014, and strictly enforced since Priory Hall.
    Of course everyone bears personal responsibility , AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE , but that does not absolve the council from their responsibility either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

gctest50 wrote: »
    Not so long ago they were in these, who trained them ?

Imagine how careful you'd have to be

K9CSIrd.jpg

Lovely picture there , thanks gc!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

jaysus. The poor ghost wont last long so. They will be ran out when her lot land.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    If you read my post properly , it is the recommendations of the inquest jury .And as the jury are reasonable people , I agee with them. Most publicly owned buildings have someone trained in firesafety who is living on site , and buildings where there isn't a brick wall between them are required to have fire stops installed , eg attics in terraced or semi d houses.
    Of course everyone bears personal responsibility , AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE , but that does not absolve the council from their responsibility either.

More of your moralising and hypocracy.

A struggling single mother, Margaret Cash has always protected her family, her people, herself.

One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked onto the streets of South Dublin, Cash is faced with a stark choice...pull off a daring heist at Penny's, or be crushed.

Cash just wants her 4eva home. But Niall Boylan, the gubbernerment, Peter Casey, a mob of violent ethno fascists who post on boards.ie and corrupt politicians stand in her way. Most if not all of Ireland seems to be standing in her way. Her only answer is to fight back and take over the city herself.

A star studded cast featuring Pat Shortt as Margaret, Goldengirl as John "frog" Ward in 2019s hit motion picture "Cash".

A star studded cast featuring Pat Shortt as Margaret, Goldengirl as John "frog" Ward in 2019s hit motion picture "Cash".

Can I play one of her best friends? Please, hun. I really really wannabe a socialist AAA/PBP asslicker

Rabble rabble. Something cash something deserves a 4 Eva home.... Rabble

Is the implication so that someone trained in firesafety should have been living in this halting site?

So what like, exactly have you in mind? Should there be a live in fireman or something? Or should there have been one of the people living on the site trained and designated the 'fire safety guy' for the site?

Scenario 1 is ridiculous but not out of the realms of the warped mind of your typical Lefty/Liberal/commie type who post on here in her defense.

There might be some merit in training one of them, and them being designated site fire officer or something. Thing is it won't be much use if they're putting on chip pans pissed drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Try this as a possible scenario.

CC rep arrives on site.
    Ok, we need someone here to be the fire safety person and we'll train them to do that.
    Fcuk off an leave de traveller alone ya racist cnut!
    No seriously, someone here has to be the fire safety guy.
    Get off the fcukin site or I'll take a hook to ya. We own this site now so fcuk off.
    But it's the law.
    We don't do the law. MAGGIE GET THE LADS OUT!
    Alright, I'm going, I'm going.
    Lovely picture there , thanks gc!

Yeah, that was before they morphed into a criminal organisation.

WE'VE BEEN TORTURED' British ‘a*****e’ traveller family who terrorised New Zealand moan about ‘holiday from hell’ as they land back in UK.

The family said they had been treated so badly they would be “going to the Citizens Advice people” and the “Human Rights people.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3681112/british-ae-traveller-family-who-terrorised-new-zealand-moan-about-holiday-from-hell-as-they-land-back-in-uk/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement