Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

WE'VE BEEN TORTURED' British ‘a*****e’ traveller family who terrorised New Zealand moan about ‘holiday from hell’ as they land back in UK.

Wonder if Tina Cash is related to our Maggie Cash? If not at least they have a name and court appearance for theft in common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wonder if Tina Cash is related to our Maggie Cash? If not at least they have a name and court appearance for theft in common.

Cash is a very common traveller surname in places!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Cash is a very common traveller surname in places!

Cash itself seems to be common among travellers

Thanks social welfare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those 2 famous travellers,

Pat
    https://goo.gl/images/nn5brg

and

Johnny
    https://goo.gl/images/8YV6nL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

WE'VE BEEN TORTURED' British ‘a*****e’ traveller family who terrorised New Zealand moan about ‘holiday from hell’ as they land back in UK.

The family said they had been treated so badly they would be “going to the Citizens Advice people” and the “Human Rights people.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3681112/british-ae-traveller-family-who-terrorised-new-zealand-moan-about-holiday-from-hell-as-they-land-back-in-uk/
    The hilarious thing is, they probably believe that. They're so used to their behaviour being unremarkable in the UK that it was a real shock for them to realise the Kiwi's wouldn't tolerate it. They got a taste of their own medicine when people were calling them out all the time. I'm so glad they didn't get to see the hobbits. They spent 20 grand on the holiday of a life time and because of their sh!tty behaviour, they couldn't do the one thing they really wanted to. Good enough for them :D

It's rare they have to face social consequences so I'm going to unashamedly wallow in schadenfreude for awhile *awaits onslaught from posters telling me what an awful person I am* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Lets play a game, how many times does she say the word handicapped or deformed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

tuxy wrote: »

They are just a joy aren't they - some culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Goldengirl wrote: »
    If you read my post properly , it is the recommendations of the inquest jury .And as the jury are reasonable people , I agee with them. Most publicly owned buildings have someone trained in firesafety who is living on site , and buildings where there isn't a brick wall between them are required to have fire stops installed , eg attics in terraced or semi d houses.
    It's law since 2014, and strictly enforced since Priory Hall.
    Of course everyone bears personal responsibility , AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE , but that does not absolve the council from their responsibility either.

You know the really ironic thing about this thread? We all say our bit. We get it out of our system. It dies down. But it flares up again and gains traction because of her actions? Nothing else. She is the one who keeps it going. Not us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How have they copped how to use a phone is what always gets me?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

The 2 of these should be arrested tomorrow morning and fcuked into prison with dry bread and water.
    The authorities need to stamp out this 'calling out' ****e for once and for all.
    That little bollix brandishing the slash-hook should be made do something useful with it, like cutting back the overgrown hedgerows along our country roads and receive 5 kicks in the hole every hour along the way.
    And cut his dole and 'entitlements' for 6 months.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    If you read my post properly , it is the recommendations of the inquest jury .And as the jury are reasonable people , I agee with them. Most publicly owned buildings have someone trained in firesafety who is living on site , and buildings where there isn't a brick wall between them are required to have fire stops installed , eg attics in terraced or semi d houses.
    It's law since 2014, and strictly enforced since Priory Hall.
    Of course everyone bears personal responsibility , AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE , but that does not absolve the council from their responsibility either.
    What you have never explained on this thread is HOW the council could've prevented this tragedy. The travellers put in the extra caravan. That's not on the council. The adult travellers were all found to be drunk. That is not on the council. A Traveller left a chip pan on the heat, that is not the fault of the council.

If this was a case of faulty wiring causing the accident, then I'd agree that the council are to blame. In this incidence, unfortunately it was adults with too much to drink making silly decisions which lead to loss of life.

Please tell us all how fire regulations would have helped adults who were passed out with drink?????

If this happened in a council house with settled people it would still be a tragedy but it wouldn't be the fault of the council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Traveller TV featuring Margaret - a new way to experience travellers moaning about the goverment 24/7

688c092e5a7ec44bf52a301535360275.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    *awaits onslaught from posters telling me what an awful person I am* :pac:
    There's only been a handful of such posters, but by god do they get a perverse pleasure out of being obtuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

What you have never explained on this thread is HOW the council could've prevented this tragedy. The travellers put in the extra caravan. That's not on the council. The adult travellers were all found to be drunk. That is not on the council. A Traveller left a chip pan on the heat, that is not the fault of the council.

If this was a case of faulty wiring causing the accident, then I'd agree that the council are to blame. In this incidence, unfortunately it was adults with too much to drink making silly decisions which lead to loss of life.

Please tell us all how fire regulations would have helped adults who were passed out with drink?????

If this happened in a council house with settled people it would still be a tragedy but it wouldn't be the fault of the council.

The state will cough up large here, kitty Holland will write a pity piece twice per week in the Irish Times and aine lawlor will have pavee point on to demand adequate compensation for the relatives of the deceased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

She's a keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Traveller TV featuring Margaret - a new way to experience travellers moaning about the goverment 24/7

688c092e5a7ec44bf52a301535360275.png

That will be a fair and balanced discussion

“School run den off 2 the council fingers crossed all goes well ��”

Hoping to get rewarded for her actions today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

“School run den off 2 the council fingers crossed all goes well ��”

Hoping to get rewarded for her actions today.

For what exactly? A bigger house, she just got one? Is she expecting to get a 4/5 bed in tallaght? People who have 300k can't even get one.

And she bitches and moans about the council and now expects them to help her even more.

Id put her file on the admin desk and leave it at the bottom of the pile

"Sorry love,computer says noooooo!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It would be nice if she's disappointed but the Council wouldn't want the publicity

Single homeless mother of seven, promised a house but turned down

It's awful Joe!!!

Some of her supporters comments are infuriating

"Best of luck hun u deserve it xxx"

Deserve it grrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

sexmag wrote: »
    For what exactly? A bigger house, she just got one? Is she expecting to get a 4/5 bed in tallaght? People who have 300k can't even get one.

And she bitches and moans about the council and now expects them to help her even more.

Id put her file on the admin desk and leave it at the bottom of the pile

"Sorry love,computer says noooooo!"

That's the one she was in the papers for at the end of last week

3 bedroom in Tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Gravelly wrote: »
    She's a keeper.

In a Zoo?

In a Zoo?

She should be in a zoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

She should be in a zoo.

Would not pay.
    Bad enough paying to see lions and polar bears sitting around in their holes all day, doing fcuk all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Try this as a possible scenario.

CC rep arrives on site.
    Ok, we need someone here to be the fire safety person and we'll train them to do that.
    Fcuk off an leave de traveller alone ya racist cnut!
    No seriously, someone here has to be the fire safety guy.
    Get off the fcukin site or I'll take a hook to ya. We own this site now so fcuk off.
    But it's the law.
    We don't do the law. MAGGIE GET THE LADS OUT!
    Alright, I'm going, I'm going.

Yeah, that was before they morphed into a criminal organisation.

No, the actual scenario is fire officer arrives in halting site without his entire body protection suit on.

Savage dog who is mistreated by travellers emerges from under a caravan and rips fire officers stomach open. Traveller men are sitting drinking nearby and they dont call dog off until poor fireman is half dead.

Rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Wonder has Margaret gotten some bad news because after returning from the council she seems to have gone on a Facebook spree - like 20 shared posts in the space of 45 minutes. Not exactly the behaviour of someone celebrating being awarded a house.

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    l she seems to have gone on a Facebook spree - like 20 shared posts in the space of 45 minutes.

Gotta love those Republican Ivory Coast flags though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

washman3 wrote: »
    The 2 of these should be arrested tomorrow morning and fcuked into prison with dry bread and water.
    The authorities need to stamp out this 'calling out' ****e for once and for all.
    That little bollix brandishing the slash-hook should be made do something useful with it, like cutting back the overgrown hedgerows along our country roads and receive 5 kicks in the hole every hour along the way.
    And cut his dole and 'entitlements' for 6 months.

If you brandish a slash hook like that, you're a fcuking knacker. And that's nothing to do with being a traveller. It means you're an absolute violent scumbag and nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I always thought there were laws that made it an offence to threaten people, especially with weapons such as slash hooks.

I must be mistaken. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I always thought there were laws that made it an offence to threaten people, especially with weapons such as slash hooks.

The law doesn’t apply to everyone. Did you not know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Would not pay.
    Bad enough paying to see lions and polar bears sitting around in their holes all day, doing fcuk all.

Scroungers. Not a job among them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Something something culture...

An unfortunate fact in Ireland is that laws seem to apply far more to the law-abiding than they do to those who routinely ignore the law.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

equality my hole

your trying to tell me that these creatures are the same as me ?

they are in reality a less developed form of life and should be treated as such ,

provided minimal supports until they develop in line with the rest of us of or breed them selfs out of existence

Darwinism ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

mynamejeff wrote: »
    equality my hole

your trying to tell me that these creatures are the same as me ?

they are in reality a less developed form of life and should be treated as such ,

provided minimal supports until they develop in line with the rest of us of or breed them selfs out of existence

Darwinism ffs
    I'm no fan of the travellers, but this is going too far, and puts me in mind of old punch cartoons.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.c.photoshelter.com%2Fimg-get%2FI000061BPeVzxh_w%2Fs%2F900%2F720%2FVictorian-Cartoons-Punch-1849-02-24-79.jpg&f=1
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.c.photoshelter.com%2Fimg-get%2FI0000O5jdoLduYFA%2Fs%2F900%2F720%2FIreland-John-Redmond-Cartoons-Punch-Magazine-Raven-Hill-1909-12-22-435.jpg&f=1
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2F3b%2Fa1%2F39%2F3ba139aff5a771f0b92fac7ef6e1590c.jpg&f=1
    The British weren't just making **** up. Poor, uneducated groups tend to have these problems. The travellers would be grand if only their kids saw out their education. Spewing bile about them being subhuman is pig-ignorant.

mikhail wrote: »
    The British weren't just making **** up. Poor, uneducated groups tend to have these problems. The travellers would be grand if only their kids saw out their education. Spewing bile about them being subhuman is pig-ignorant.

Why is it, do you think, that their children don't see out their education?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

The short versions is because their parents don't value it, which is enabled and exacerbated by a failing national policy because it's a politically unpalatable topic.

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that calling them "in reality a less developed form of life" is exactly the sort of repulsive racism that was directed at this nation. It's fuel for the kinds of folks who think pointing out secondary school completion rates or incarceration rates for travellers amounts to racism. The debate has to be better than that, or it will continue to be impossible outside of some ranty little thread in a corner of the internet.

The ones I know are educated, to a very high level. But not educated in the way we are educated. Not book smarts. They are educated how to scam the system, how to fiddle, how to steal etc.

And you'd be fairly naïve to think that most of them are poor. Yes, there are poor travellers. But many of them would buy and sell us.

The short versions is because their parents don't value it, which is enabled and exacerbated by a failing national policy because it's a politically unpalatable topic.

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that calling them "in reality a less developed form of life" is exactly the sort of repulsive racism that was directed at this nation. It's fuel for the kinds of folks who think pointing out secondary school completion rates or incarceration rates for travellers amounts to racism. The debate has to be better than that, or it will continue to be impossible outside of some ranty little thread in a corner of the internet.

Unfortunately, as Casey found out, there is no debate - it's either shut your mouth or be called a racist. There's no space in Irish media or politics for a debate, therefore people will lash out in frustration on the forums they can.

They don't value it because there's more money to be had the other way. As the saying goes 'a crooked pound is as good as an honest pound'. And that was said to me by a traveller.

Look, all the discussion in the world isn't going to make a blind bit of difference. Travellers won't engage and tow the line when it comes to responsibility etc. They won't change unless they have to change. And that's not going to happen because we are bending our laws to suit them. Or at least not enforcing them. Here is one example - So what if it's their culture to keep horses, so we have to get them accommodation with stables etc?

Could I say the same if I was from gentry and fell on hard times? Us gentry always had horses, I need stables with my council house? Get ta feck.

• Advertisement

Cos they’re never in one place long enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Most travelers dont do a lot of traveling.

Nope, the vast majority of travellers only travel between their taxpayer-funded accommodation, the dole office, and whatever little side scam they have going.
    There's a halting site in my nearby town, and the same people are living there now as were living there when I was a child 40 years ago, yet none of them, their kids, or their kids kids finished secondary school to the best of my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Because they don't want their culture to die out. If they went to school and got jobs it would only take a few generations for them to be completely indistinguishable from the rest of the population.
    Their whole culture depends on the continuation of this ignorant old fashioned ways.
    This is why I find their ethnic status odd, does the government want them to go to school and integrate with society or to continue as is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Here is a bit of her mindset: https://www.facebook.com/NiallBoylanAtNight/videos/margaret-cash-live-on-the-niall-boylan-show/284234262185509/

Good luck with that. 300 Euro in Penny --- if I add up everything that I ever bought in years I might not match that. I hope she did not get hernia from the weight...

ampleforth wrote: »
    Here is a bit of her mindset: https://www.facebook.com/NiallBoylanAtNight/videos/margaret-cash-live-on-the-niall-boylan-show/284234262185509/

Good luck with that. 300 Euro in Penny --- if I add up everything that I ever bought in years I might not match that. I hope she did not get hernia from the weight...

Divide it between herself and all the kids and they wouldn't have to carry too much.

• Advertisement

Because they don't want their culture to die out. If they went to school and got jobs it would only take a few generations for them to be completely indistinguishable from the rest of the population.
    Their whole culture depends on the continuation of this ignorant old fashioned ways.
    This is why I find their ethnic status odd, does the government want them to go to school and integrate with society or to continue as is?

But what exactly IS their culture? Horses were needed once upon a time for pulling caravans. Now they use cars, vans, etc. And use horses for sulky racing.
    When did extravagant weddings become part of their culture? Or injecting themselves with fake tan? (Many getting hepatitis from sharing needles)

Because a 15 year girl old who left school at 12 will be far more compliant than a 25 year old woman with a university degree who wouldn't tolerate being married off to a cousin and expected to be a baby factory and general maid.

I remember watching that "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" show a few years ago and some of the girls were asked what they wanted in a husband. Top of their list was someone who wouldn't beat them :eek: Fcuks sake like. They were discussing it so casually, like your husband hitting you was something you could expect and be lucky to avoid. I know settled people also commit domestic violence but the default position we have when entering relationships is that violence from either party is unacceptable.

I remember watching that "Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" show a few years ago and some of the girls were asked what they wanted in a husband. Top of their list was someone who wouldn't beat them :eek: Fcuks sake like. They were discussing it so casually, like your husband hitting you was something you could expect and be lucky to avoid. I know settled people also commit domestic violence but the default position we have when entering relationships is that violence from either party is unacceptable.

16 times as likely to suffer domestic violence IIRC
    Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Travelers in comparison to the Irish of old have no intention of bettering themselves not only because if they did they wouldn't feel they are travelers anymore and no different from the rest of us. I'm loath to use the term settled ppl except to say I'm loath to use the term.

The Irish of old immigrated all over the world to better their lives when it wasn't possible in Ireland at the time they did. I think it is absurd to compare the Irish of old to travellers when the prosperous but not perfect condition of this country today came about precislty because of the hard working ethic of previous generations , for which the current traveller generation can thank for they generous social welfare payments. Travellers have done absolutely nothing to add to the economic advancement of this country.

It is not racism to point out the reality of the traveller attitude. Your right to point out insulting language as you quoted, there is no need for that, and it damages the valid points ppl have to make. But I don't accept that racism is the root cause of traveller issues.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement