Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

One of the comments calling on her behaviour is from a traveller. Even they can see she is full of crap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Since she's now single would she be eligible for this years Dublin Rose for the Rose of Tralee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

One of my friends on FB refers to her as an Irish Rosa Parks.

What an insult to Rosa Parks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Since she's now single would she be eligible for this years Dublin Rose for the Rose of Tralee?

Party piece: The Dance of The Seven Slash Hooks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Gravelly wrote: »
    Party piece: The Dance of The Seven Slash Hooks.

Or she could do a demo of how to steal €300 worth of clothes from Penny's. It's impressive to be able to carry that amount of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

eviltwin wrote: »

i think of her as more of a cross between mahatma gandhi and mary magdalene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

eviltwin wrote: »

"She was a charming person with a radiant personality, soft spoken and calm in all situations. Her character was impeccable and her dedication deep-rooted.''

Sounds just like our Mags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

angela1711 wrote: »
    http://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-claims-she-was-refused-from-local-pub-because-she-is-a-traveller/ar-BBT9Uy4?ocid=ientp

This lady must be on some serious wage :pac: to be able to afford raising 7 kids, nights out in the pub and a babysitter to mind them all

Do you really think she got a babysitter in? Not bloody likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do you really think she got a babysitter in? Not bloody likely.

Why wouldn't she, she has hundreds to spend each month on facebook raffles. Paying for a baby sitter should be no big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

tuxy wrote: »
    Why wouldn't she, she has hundreds to spend each month on facebook raffles. Paying for a baby sitter should be no big deal.

They let them off on the streets though.....

I've had ones as young as 3 and 4 alone getting on the bus from outside halting sites....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I honestly don't know how you are a moderator. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that sounded hilarious in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

One of the comments calling on her behaviour is from a traveller. Even they can see she is full of crap!

That traveller is racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Wouldn't let her in either ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I could honestly see her on Dancing With The Stars or something sometime in the future.

and i'd probably watch :eek:

Omackeral wrote: »
    I could honestly see her on Dancing With The Stars or something sometime in the future.

and i'd probably watch :eek:

Not unless she’s doing it for free. Can’t see her giving up the golden goose.

Kitty Holland says that the refusal of margaret into the pub is racism.

Twitter User points out that Margaret liked a comment on her video calling one of the Bouncers a 'Dirty Rotton Black F***ing Barstool'

Lovely.

https://twitter.com/sherlock_ps/status/1092498614310617088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Am I missing something here ?.The report states that all she wanted was to have a couple of pints and go home.How could she go home if she is homeless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Am I missing something here ?.The report states that all she wanted was to have a couple of pints and go home.How could she go home if she is homeless?

Didn't you hear? She got housed.

Not her desired home, but she is off the streets (even though she was never on them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

NIMAN wrote: »

Not her desired home, but she is off the streets (even though she was never on them).

I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight knowing she has a roof over her head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

NIMAN wrote: »

Article said she was in a b&b?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Twitter User points out that Margaret liked a comment on her video calling one of the Bouncers a 'Dirty Rotton Black F***ing Barstool'

Lovely.

Kitty getting slated on Twitter by majority commentating

Kitty just presuming racism

Of course she did sit next to Margaret on.the travision thing

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Kitty getting slated on Twitter by majority commentating

Kitty just presuming racism

Of course she did sit next to Margaret on.the travision thing

Thread in Question here

https://twitter.com/RichieCosg/status/1092405586615025664

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Lovely.

Offt. Even I felt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Is there anyone here in all honesty that hasn't been refused entry to a pub over something stupid over some tw@t doorman with big fancy ideas? Jesus try going out in Cork sometime.

What I'd have given to have the power to have a column written on it and the establishment named and shamed every time in some rag of a paper or have some renowned "journalist" tweet about how sh@tty I've been treated.

I don't care what these people say. Being a traveller is a sweet deal. Write a thesis on how screwed over you've been your whole life, including language like 'I researched' and earn national acclaim.

What I could get away with if I was a traveller. Apply for jobs, (not that I'd need to) try to get into clubs and when it doesn't work out just scream discrimination.

These people have the whole thing sewn up. Sweetly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is there anyone here in all honesty that hasn't been refused entry to a pub over something stupid over some tw@t doorman with big fancy ideas? Jesus try going out in Cork sometime.

What I'd have given to have the power to have a column written on it and the establishment named and shamed every time in some rag of a paper or have some renowned "journalist" tweet about how sh@tty I've been treated.

I don't care what these people say. Being a traveller is a sweet deal. Write a thesis on how screwed over you've been your whole life, including language like 'I researched' and earn national acclaim.

What I could get away with if I was a traveller. Apply for jobs, (not that I'd need to) try to get into clubs and when it doesn't work out just scream discrimination.

i was giggin in athy a few weeks back and was hanging around the door and i witnessed at least 10 people turned away, and one lad was ordered to get himself a bag of chips by the bouncer before he'd let him in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

seriously though if you were a bouncer you'd nearly let her in for peace sake knowing you could potentially become a youtube sensation if you refuse entry....
    (unless they had a reason to of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m shook at the photo she has up of her little girl. It’s grim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Surprised these latest antics of hers have gotten so much media attention, a complete non-story - even the Independent did an article on it. She must be shopping it around to all the "news" sites or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I’m shook at the photo she has up of her little girl. It’s grim

If she wants to be married by 12... She needs to be out there at 7/8 finding a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

iguana wrote: »
    The same just isn't true for traveller children. So many of those kids are stuck in a cycle of neglect that borders on abuse. Of grooming into behaviour that is utterly detrimental to their long-term prospects for safe, happy lives. And the state rarely steps in. It kind of can't, because if it stepped in for them they way it would for our children the action it takes would have to be so massive and far reaching it would spark off full scale riots. State workers and foster carers mightn't be safe. Innocent people would probably be hurt and the feeling of victimisation and racism would be fuelled to a point where it would never go away. So ultimately the real victims in the situation, the children, are left to stay in a life where the negative cycle will very, very rarely be broken out of. It's going to take something enormous to break that cycle en mass. It will be expensive and incredibly long-term, multi-generational.

If I'm reading you correctly, you're saying that the state can't or shouldn't intervene to enforce the law and protect children in part because state workers might not be safe and their actions might provoke violent retribution.

Where does this logic end?

The Gardai, social welfare inspectors, Revenue inspectors, and the Criminal Assets Bureau appear to steer clear of Travellers as much as they can for the same reason -- they fear for their safety. And we see the results. Social welfare fraud, tax evasion, drug trafficking, violent feuding, and pervasive anti-social behavior. Bare-knuckle boxing matches are now being held for purses worth hundreds of thousands of euros -- presumably the proceeds of crime -- and the state seems powerless to do anything about it.

Everyone should be equal under the law. People are sick and tired of a lawless minority getting away with whatever antics they like because the authorities are afraid to say boo to them. This needs to change. Nobody in Ireland in 2019 should be able to live outside the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Lovely.

The screenshot of Mags liking that comment is gone off the Twitter thread now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The screenshot of Mags liking that comment is gone off the Twitter thread now

No it's still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The racist comment from the guy on Mags facebook page is still there in the thread but after Kitty said "that is awful" there was a post showing Mags liking the racist comment. Thats gone now (unless I'm blind)

Still there for me too

I'd say Kitty wasn't expecting that response as she didn't reply back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The Gardai, social welfare inspectors, Revenue inspectors, and the Criminal Assets Bureau appear to steer clear of Travellers as much as they can for the same reason -- they fear for their safety. And we see the results. Social welfare fraud, tax evasion, drug trafficking, violent feuding, and pervasive anti-social behavior. Bare-knuckle boxing matches are now being held for purses worth hundreds of thousands of euros -- presumably the proceeds of crime -- and the state seems powerless to do anything about it.

I'm not saying that it's ok. But it is the reality. The actions needed to truly deal with the criminality, neglect and abuse would be so inflammatory that the state will never be able to deal with it.
    People are sick and tired of a lawless minority getting away with whatever antics they like because the authorities are afraid to say boo to them. This needs to change. Nobody in Ireland in 2019 should be able to live outside the law.

I used to look at the situation that way, then I changed my perspective. The adults are getting away with what they want. The children, and their rights, are being neglected by the state as much as by anyone else. The safety nets that our children have don't exist for those kids and for the most part, those kids need them far more. I don't think any of this is defensible, it's just the way that it is now. It can't/won't be fixed by law enforcement. It has to be fixed by improving things for the children, by opening up their perspectives, their opportunities and most importantly, their desire to avail of the opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Still there for me too

I'd say Kitty wasn't expecting that response as she didn't reply back

Even in Richie C's head it didnt play out as beautiful as it did in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

Then collect thousands in compo which is tax free and not reckonable for welfare purposes. They have it made. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

iguana wrote: »
    I don't think any of this is defensible, it's just the way that it is now. It can't/won't be fixed by law enforcement. It has to be fixed by improving things for the children, by opening up their perspectives, their opportunities and most importantly, their desire to avail of the opportunities.

But how are we to improve things for the children, or open up their perspectives and opportunities? Most Traveller children are taken out of school between the age of 12 and 15, which shuts the door on perspective and opportunity. Many Traveller girls are married off to their cousins while still in their teens. They will end up stuck in a caravan pregnant and raising kids while their settled peers are off at university.

As long as Travellers can avail of cradle-to-grave welfare support, can supplement their social welfare with the proceeds of crime, and can be relatively assured that Gardai, the CAB, Revenue inspectors, and social welfare inspectors are too afraid to come near them, things will never change -- especially now that, thanks to their ethnic minority designation, anyone who criticizes them is a racist.

Traveller culture destroys people's dignity and potential. It has a hugely negative impact on everyone, Travellers and settled people alike. So I don't think we can afford to adopt a defeatist attitude and say that it can't/won't be fixed, especially when Travellers are costing the taxpayer millions annually in social welfare, social housing, anti-social behavior, property damage, crime, policing costs, etc. The state has a responsibility to do more than it is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

But how are we to improve things for the children, or open up their perspectives and opportunities? Most Traveller children are taken out of school between the age of 12 and 15, which shuts the door on perspective and opportunity. Many Traveller girls are married off to their cousins while still in their teens. They will end up stuck in a caravan pregnant and raising kids while their settled peers are off at university.
    Umm... new laws, or enforce existing ones? USA copes with this. No taking out of school would work at least, require schooling through age 18

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Umm... new laws, or enforce existing ones? USA copes with this. No taking out of school would work at least, require schooling through age 18

Enforcing staying in school until after the Junior Cert would be a start in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Linking school attendance to child benefit would ensure children stay in school. And not just enrol them in Sept and sign a form to say they're in school, an attendance record to be kept, with children attending less than 75% of the year being struck off child benefit.
    Back to school allowance, no doubt they're claiming that as well, should be the provision of books, school uniform and shoes alone, no cash, pardon the pun.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Enforcing staying in school until after the Junior Cert would be a start in the right direction

The Junior Cert is not adequate anymore as a qualification in the eyes of most employers. Thirty, Forty years ago, perhaps it was adequate, but now its no longer fit for purpose.

Also - Your dealing with a multi-generational issue. Grandad did'nt get educated, so Dad did'nt get educated, and there's a surrounding culture of an outside world looking down and hating the community due to its inability to conform with modern accepted norms.

The system will come up with a million answers, none of them right. We've to accept that the Travelling community has to change if they've to move forward and get them onboard in the process. The approach of the justice/welfare/legal system will have to be much harsher than it is now, because its clear that the 'softy softly approach' is mocked and derided by the most anti-social and violent elements in their community. So its going to need to be a case of removing those dangerous elements for a prolonged period of time, so that the community 'sees' the harsh consequences that will be applied in future.

Conversely, virtuous behaviour in the community and society has to be seen to rewarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭airy fairy

dermo888 wrote: »
    We've to accept that the Travelling community has to change if they've to move forward and get them onboard in the process.

Ah but they won't change, what about their traditions? They keep banging on about them....whatever they may be.... because as far as I can see their traditions are almost all illegal.

airy fairy wrote: »
    Linking school attendance to child benefit would ensure children stay in school. And not just enrol them in Sept and sign a form to say they're in school, an attendance record to be kept, with children attending less than 75% of the year being struck off child benefit.
    Back to school allowance, no doubt they're claiming that as well, should be the provision of books, school uniform and shoes alone, no cash, pardon the pun.

Won't happen - you'll have the Margarets crying in the paper that "de poor angles couldn't go to school cos de country people were being racist to them and now I can't afford to feed the angles"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Johnny Red Cab

In a few European countries, entitlement to a driving licence or passport is conditional on having full completing a secondary education course.

It is a great way to control the underclasses and restrict their movements.

I wonder was her Facebook page hacked?

“Margaret Elizabeth Cash
    1 hr ·
    �� i can't believe how fast time flies i miss you so so much mommy i wish you could be here, you are our gaurdian Angel. You have secured mine and my children your grandkids future when you left a will. Even though you made rules that i cant control it until i am 35 years old i know you done whats right. You have given us security and hope for the future something a lot of people dont have. For that i am forever greatful to you mommy. For everyone wondering my mother left a will behind when she passed away, she left a life changing amount of money to which i will benefit when im 35 years old. Although i am very happy that you have left this for us i know it will never fill the void you left behind when you passed away. I would also like to thank everyone that has helped me these passed few months. For you all i will be forever thankful you have all been amazing. My rock in my time of need especially when ive been getting ridiculed and judged by people i do not know i am blessed to have made such close friends who care and who help in my time of need you know who you are. From the very bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!
    And to my beautiful mother sadie cash you are my hero i love you more than words can describe. I would give anything in this whole world just to see ur face again mommy ��”

In a few European countries, entitlement to a driving licence or passport is conditional on having full completing a secondary education course.

It is a great way to control the underclasses and restrict their movements.

Is it? Haven't come across that before. Would be a great system if you could implement it.

• Advertisement

I wonder was her Facebook page hacked?

“Margaret Elizabeth Cash
    1 hr ·
    �� i can't believe how fast time flies i miss you so so much mommy i wish you could be here, you are our gaurdian Angel. You have secured mine and my children your grandkids future when you left a will. Even though you made rules that i cant control it until i am 35 years old i know you done whats right. You have given us security and hope for the future something a lot of people dont have. For that i am forever greatful to you mommy. For everyone wondering my mother left a will behind when she passed away, she left a life changing amount of money to which i will benefit when im 35 years old. Although i am very happy that you have left this for us i know it will never fill the void you left behind when you passed away. I would also like to thank everyone that has helped me these passed few months. For you all i will be forever thankful you have all been amazing. My rock in my time of need especially when ive been getting ridiculed and judged by people i do not know i am blessed to have made such close friends who care and who help in my time of need you know who you are. From the very bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!
    And to my beautiful mother sadie cash you are my hero i love you more than words can describe. I would give anything in this whole world just to see ur face again mommy ��”

Can't be her, she spelled angel correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement