Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

She was selfless and put motherhood before her career. Can only be applauded.
    You had me going at the start, I’ll give you that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Too much mate, too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Has to be a strong early contender for post of the year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

She is on record stating she has no issue paying €30 a week

Her criminal record?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That's the stupidest thing I've ever read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

what career would that be? She certainly did not put childhood before her criminal career.

Taxi driver, that's why her convictions don't count, it was work experience.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

If people knew the ins and out of that Penneys incident their minds would change

If people knew the ins and out of that Penneys incident their minds would change

Enlighten us so?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She was framed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It is expected from them and in now way surprising. Its their looney sympathisers that are the problem.

Oh the irony.

• Advertisement

She arrived into the store and her cousin ( who she doesnt speak to anymore ) asked for a hand carrying bags to her car. When they left the shop security approached and she only found out then there was stolen goods in the bag.

I know people will choose not to believe me

What do you mean by that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She arrived into the store and her cousin ( who she doesnt speak to anymore ) asked for a hand carrying bags to her car. When they left the shop security approached and she only found out then there was stolen goods in the bag.

but but but, hasn't she already admitted to stealing the clothes because her children were cold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

And who told you that, pray?

And you chose to believe them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

hynesie08 wrote:
    Enlighten us so?

Ahh don't encourage them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Those clothes were only resting in her account, I mean bag.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    but but but, hasn't she already admitted to stealing the clothes because her children were cold?

She may have fallen out with her cousin but she is hardly going to snitch on her. Come on .

She may have fallen out with her cousin but she is hardly going to snitch on her. Come on .

So she lied in court is what you are saying.

EDIT: and used her children as an excuse in this lie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the court didnt believe her either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

And her other 38 previous convictions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh this is getting better.....

Framed.....

Putting Childers and angle before career.....

I wonder is this why her convictions are less as they would be if she were working as a thief like the husband.

Course that's what happened....

The woman would steal anything not nailed down given half the chance.

And none of this has anything to do with her getting a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Come on lads he’s only having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I know the ins and outs.

She went in empty handed, and walked out with a load of stolen loot

eviltwin wrote: »
    Course that's what happened....

The woman would steal anything not nailed down given half the chance.

And none of this has anything to do with her getting a house.

I agree. Bygones be bygones. It was actually a big turnout outside SDCC considering the short notice. But i suspect there will be a media blackout hiding the truth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I agree. Bygones be bygones. It was actually a big turnout outside SDCC considering the short notice. But i suspect there will be a media blackout hiding the truth

What truth is that now? Like the "Truth" she told the judge about robbing half of penney's stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I doubt she could even spell truth.

Gubbermint cospeerasy is it? Surely Bernard and travision were there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

The only ins and outs about that incident was the state of motion of the €300 worth of stolen clothes into aul Maggie's bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Seems Margaret didn't accept the offer of €150 nor get €250 she wanted for the €600 Jas Fagan communion suit

It's back up for sale along with the daughters Fiona Todhunter communion dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I take full responsibility for putting the clothes in her bag!

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Seems Margaret didn't accept the offer of €150 nor get €250 she wanted for the €600 Jas Fagan communion suit

It's back up for sale along with the daughters Fiona Todhunter communion dress

She has all the traits of being an astute businesswoman. Put the kids 1st. She has to be admired in a way

Shame on you

you put the hangers in as well!

Is this the same lady who said that she only took the clothes because she had to walk the streets all day and the children were wet and she’d no way of drying their clothes?

Shame on you

She had the Communion coming up I knew it would be stressful for her I just wanted to make sure she had enough clothes!

She had the Communion coming up I knew it would be stressful for her I just wanted to make sure she had enough clothes!

Ah that was such a nice thing to do Hun.... Oh you're the bestest ever.....

She deserves the 4eva home so much she has worked so hard and done so much for the angles.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Very charitable of you :cool:

At least you took away some of the stress from her and made sure that she could afford €600 communion suit for her son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

You are either taking the piss [and I must admit I did laugh]
    or I have a bridge in New York you might be interested in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Since when did penny's start carrying shopping to shoppers cars?, last time I was in, not one of the staff was available for that kind of thing, and I was in yesterday.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Any chance you could take full responsibility for a few of my speeding fines? :pac:

Bredabe wrote: »
    Since when did penny's start carrying shopping to shoppers cars?, last time I was in, not one of the staff was available for that kind of thing, and I was in yesterday.

Now I know she took the till with her that's how it added up to over €300

Any chance you could take full responsibility for a few of my speeding fines? :pac:

Only if you had your kids Communion coming up!

Why are we all discrediting the theory that a woman with numerous previous convictions from an ethnic minority background with an unfortunate stigma of being known as thieves, robbers & overall mischief causers was potentially subjected to a framing of a theft consisting of €300 worth of Penney's clothes?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Any link to that ? More propaganda . All she wants is a house!

Sure put your hand in your pocket and buy her one so.

How did the protest go Today?

Its nearly 5 bells . Home time. Good entertainment today folks, cheers :)

Why are we all discrediting the theory that a woman with numerous previous convictions from an ethnic minority background with an unfortunate stigma of being known as thieves, robbers & overall mischief causers was potentially subjected to a framing of a theft consisting of €300 worth of Penney's clothes?!?!

It’s all in the first post.

“A MUM-of-seven who came to national prominence after photos of her children sleeping in a garda station went viral has been ordered to enter into a probation bond for one year.
    Margaret Cash (28) stole more than €300 worth of clothing from Penneys in Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Rathfarnham in February this year.

Judge Patricia McNamara ordered her to enter into a probation bond for one year.

The judge warned Cash not to give into "temptation" and to stay out of trouble asking her "where will your children be if you end up in prison".

The defendant, who is living in b&b accommodation, had admitted before Tallaght District Court to stealing clothes, worth €321, from Penney's on February 17, 2018.

She was before the court for sentencing after the judge ordered a probation report.

The court heard that Cash had 38 previous convictions, 37 of which were for road traffic matters.

Her last conviction, for theft, was in 2017.

Judge McNamara ordered Cash to continue working with the probation services, and to engage with the local housing authority and homeless support services.

Judge McNamara also warned Cash to "stay away from drugs" but Cash and her solicitor Kevin Tunney said drugs were not an issue.

Cash said she last took drugs when she was a teenager, and prior to her having children.”

Cash initially came to prominence last August after she circulated pictures of her children - aged between one and 11 years - sleeping on seats in Tallaght Garda Station on social media”

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

€600 for a communion suit????

Jesus H Christ, there's normal folks out there earning and paying taxes and they can't even afford that. Someone's got their priorities completely screwed up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement