Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

dermo888 wrote: »
    €600 for a communion suit????

Jesus H Christ, there's normal folks out there earning and paying taxes and they can't even afford that. Someone's got their priorities completely screwed up.

But it is a Jas Fagan suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I take full responsibility for putting the clothes in her bag!

€300 worth of clothes from Pennys would hardly fit in the bag below. And you'd need a crane to lift it out of the shop.

u7x.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As has been said countless times, she's never claimed to be broke, just homeless. There's a big difference!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It’s all in the first post.

“A MUM-of-seven who came to national prominence after photos of her children sleeping in a garda station went viral has been ordered to enter into a probation bond for one year.
    Margaret Cash (28) stole more than €300 worth of clothing from Penneys in Nutgrove Shopping Centre, Rathfarnham in February this year.

Judge Patricia McNamara ordered her to enter into a probation bond for one year.

The judge warned Cash not to give into "temptation" and to stay out of trouble asking her "where will your children be if you end up in prison".

The defendant, who is living in b&b accommodation, had admitted before Tallaght District Court to stealing clothes, worth €321, from Penney's on February 17, 2018.

She was before the court for sentencing after the judge ordered a probation report.

The court heard that Cash had 38 previous convictions, 37 of which were for road traffic matters.

Her last conviction, for theft, was in 2017.

Judge McNamara ordered Cash to continue working with the probation services, and to engage with the local housing authority and homeless support services.

Judge McNamara also warned Cash to "stay away from drugs" but Cash and her solicitor Kevin Tunney said drugs were not an issue.

Cash said she last took drugs when she was a teenager, and prior to her having children.”

Cash initially came to prominence last August after she circulated pictures of her children - aged between one and 11 years - sleeping on seats in Tallaght Garda Station on social media”

I dont think the question was asked in earnest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any link to that ? More propaganda . All she wants is a house!

Are you sure? Because I heard that All that she wants is another baby. Jays, that whole song could have been wrote about Mags and her strife

She leads a lonely life
    She leads a lonely life

When she woke up late in the morning light
    And the day had just begun
    She opened up her eyes and thought
    Oh, what a morning
    It's not a day for work
    It's a day for catching sun
    Just laying on the beach and having fun
    She's going to get you

All that she wants is another angle
    She's gone tomorrow, boy
    She's gone tomorrow, boy

So if you are in sight and the day is right
    She's a hunter, you're the fox
    The gentle voice(:D:D:D)that talks to you
    Won't talk forever
    It is a night for passion
    But the morning means goodbye
    Beware of what is flashing in her eyes
    She's going to get you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Sometimes members of the settled community have been known to shoplift Penny's clothes and dump them in travellers bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Was her cousin Amish?? Cause then I'd believe it....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

So there was no protest then .....

Abba987 wrote: »
    So there was no protest then .....

Her AAA friends refused to loan her a megaphone. Can’t have a protest without one.

Her AAA friends refused to loan her a megaphone. Can’t have a protest without one.

Both of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Traveller girl with an excessive BMI passed me today wearing this lol. Doused in fake tan too.

Great present for Ms. Cash if we all chipped in. Wearing it she’d maybe be carrying a crotch goblin or not, or gained weight. Then again she’d probably steal one for herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

yamaha50 wrote: »
    i ****in knew it :D

I was really airing on troll but they were just a internet troll..... Oh well till tomorrow...

So did she have more then her angles and herself at the protest.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

She’s been Facebook silent since Friday. Either she has realised the world is watching and turning her posts against her or else the council has told her to be quiet again.

My bet is Bernard Sweeney is in the doghouse. Ever since he posted about her inheritance I bet the council are reconsidering her housing offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

My bet is Bernard Sweeney is in the doghouse. Ever since he posted about her inheritance I bet the council are reconsidering her housing offer.

Really hope the council has kicked this spoofer to the sideline .

My bet is Bernard Sweeney is in the doghouse. Ever since he posted about her inheritance I bet the council are reconsidering her housing offer.[/quote]

It's a bizarre post. Clearly not written by her. Why would someone think it's a good idea to make that public

If your on a housing list are savings taken into account or just earnings.

100000 is a lot of months rent

She’s been Facebook silent since Friday. Either she has realised the world is watching and turning her posts against her or else the council has told her to be quiet again.

Isn't she cribbing now that the house she was offered taken back from her? When will poor aul Margaret get her forever home? Will someone not think of poor aul isosceles, right, acute, obtuse and the rest of the angles?

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Isn't she cribbing now that the house she was offered taken back from her? When will poor aul Margaret get her forever home? Will someone not think of poor aul isosceles, right, acute, obtuse and the rest of the angles?

The council wanted a charity (Sophia housing?) to house her long term but they could only offer her a short term house.
    It looks to me that the council want her off their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

There's another poor family commenting on her FB post that is homeless for 19 months

He has a 500 euro reward out for the return of his big gold saddle ring that someone stole from his house. If anyone has any information on this, call garda crime line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

There's another poor family commenting on her FB post that is homeless for 19 months

He has a 500 euro reward out for the return of his big gold saddle ring that someone stole from his house. If anyone has any information on this, call garda crime line.

Link please

Link please

Try her Facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Technically, her trust fund won't impact negatively on her application for social housing. I'm fairly sure that there is no section on the various forms dealing with funds held in trust. The solicitor and accountant who drew up the will probably knew this. Stipulate that she does not receive anything until she is 35, by which time she will have been allocated her forever home by the council. Then get the inheritance and buy the house at a discounted rate from the council. Rinse and repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

She won't have tenure by then. You need to be renting for a long period to acquire buying rights.

She won't have tenure by then. You need to be renting for a long period to acquire buying rights.

Hence the urgency in her trying to get her forever council home.

Has she given up on facebook or perhaps realised she was doing more harm to her case than good with all the public posts?

I'll give everyone something else to read
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/3764209/irelands-dumbest-criminals-stole-car-tracking/

is 644 convictions a record?

yamaha50 wrote: »
    Credit where its due
    Thats a clever tactic

They may be uneducated, but they are cute hoors all the same. They know the system inside out.

Poor old Bernard can't catch a break. Not even pavee point will hire him
    An Traveller only organisation that is hired Settled people, excludes Travellers, will to pay the Settled people where the Traveller business was doing it for free. You know who you are and I wish you all the best....bit disappointed when you share your vision with people and you include them in all aspects of it. Then they just stopped engaging and that's ok...only to learn that their Traveller organisation is working with the first "Traveller only organisation", ....and just like that, "they" are doing the "podcasting" and podcasting for the event. Supporting the Traveller only business isn't good enough, because they are worry about "data protection" at a public event!, and clearly gave not much legal sense!.

When it comes supporting Travellers, for whom you, who gets paid to do whatever about your passion to do good in the world etc etc. You guys who gets paid to support Travellers go away and hire Settled people?, where TraVision was going to do it for free. Our non funded Traveller business that seems to stand in contradiction as to why you're getting paid in the first place.....hiring more members of the settled community isn't what you are getting paid for.

TraVision isn't just idea.

Sindy Joyce
    Martin Ward
    TJ Hogan
    Julia Reilly
    Padraig McLoughlin
    Martin Collins

Is this what we are fighting for?.

Bernard Sweeney
    Irish Traveller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Obvious dislike for settled people there.

They should pay one to do the proof writing for them.

Settled people..,.. will they go and ####....

We are normal folk....

I believe they are the racist ones..... Keep hearing all this bolllx

Is settled a recognised ethnicity?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No idea what he's talking about. He should have stayed in school.

Tenant purchase scheme has been suspended for the last several years and there is no plans to reintroduce it anytime soon.

Is that even in English, I recognise the words but it makes little to no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

He clearly thinks he's really smart and savvy but he's actually dumber than ****.

Tenant purchase scheme has been suspended for the last several years and there is no plans to reintroduce it anytime soon.

Fair point. I wonder was it suspended at the time of the mother's will. I'm trying to work out the benefits of leaving the leaving the estate in trust until she was 35. Getting a council house sprang to mind, as trust fund would not be reckonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

People think she is just sitting there waiting to be handed a mansion. She said numerous times she would take a 3 bed house and the council havent done anything. She also said numerous times she has no problem paying rent.
    She has no problem paying rent because she won't have to earn that money, she'll get it from the Government taxpayer.
    Why should she have to rent privately ? She doesnt work yet has to find money from somewhere to line the pockets of a landlord. Only in this country. She is raising kids the least the government could do is provide a house for her to do it in.
    I think you'll find that in every country you either have to buy your own house or rent.
    tuxy wrote: »
    And her other 38 previous convictions?
    They don't count as they were only motoring offences ;)

I know Sweet.Science is just on the wind up but the above three posts have all come from Margaret's own mouth at some stage. When she was interviewed on Niall Boylan she shouted "I pay my rent" and when Niall pointed out that the money came from the Government, she was not having it. She really does have the attitude that the Government is robbing her and as she has been on the housing list for 12 years, the least they can do is get her a house. When asked about her convictions, she brushed off most of them as motoring offences, which obviously don't count :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Margaret has 7 kids. She believes in her "culture". What are the chances of her daughter finishing secondary school? If she gets her forever home in Tallaght, she is teaching those kids that you don't need to work to get ahead, you just need to fill out some forms and SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT. If all 7 of those kids end up on welfare/housing list and each goes on to have 7 more kids, who on earth is going to pay for all this? Obviously they'll all want houses in Tallaght because that's where Mammy is and it would go against their human rights/culture to break up the family. It's absolute madness.

Well whatever's happened it's all gone very quiet since nobody supported her protestðŸ™႒

Well whatever's happened it's all gone very quiet since nobody supported her protest#4242;
    I guess settled people didn't support her because we are all racist but why didn't travellers come out to support her? Wasn't there some sort of traveller protest organised for late 2018 that got called off and was supposed to be at a later date? I have vague recollections about a protest but can't remember the details. Anyone else remember anything or am I mis-remembering this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

100000 is a lot of months rent

3,333 months @€;30pm rent = 277.75 years.
    So effectively, a 4eva hm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Originally Posted by Bernard Sweeney

An Traveller only organisation that is hired Settled people, excludes Travellers, will to pay the Settled people where the Traveller business was doing it for free. You know who you are and I wish you all the best....bit disappointed when you share your vision with people and you include them in all aspects of it. Then they just stopped engaging and that's ok...only to learn that their Traveller organisation is working with the first "Traveller only organisation", ....and just like that, "they" are doing the "podcasting" and podcasting for the event. Supporting the Traveller only business isn't good enough, because they are worry about "data protection" at a public event!, and clearly gave not much legal sense!.

When it comes supporting Travellers, for whom you, who gets paid to do whatever about your passion to do good in the world etc etc. You guys who gets paid to support Travellers go away and hire Settled people?, where TraVision was going to do it for free. Our non funded Traveller business that seems to stand in contradiction as to why you're getting paid in the first place.....hiring more members of the settled community isn't what you are getting paid for.

TraVision isn't just idea.

Sindy Joyce
    Martin Ward
    TJ Hogan
    Julia Reilly
    Padraig McLoughlin
    Martin Collins

Is this what we are fighting for?.

Bernard Sweeney
    Irish Traveller

I wouldn't have known he was a traveller unless he signed off as a traveller in his letter.

Good thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Here was me thinking Bernard was helping Margaret correct her English in her posts. Even most of hers make more sense than that mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Margaret has 7 kids. She believes in her "culture". What are the chances of her daughter finishing secondary school? If she gets her forever home in Tallaght, she is teaching those kids that you don't need to work to get ahead, you just need to fill out some forms and SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT. If all 7 of those kids end up on welfare/housing list and each goes on to have 7 more kids, who on earth is going to pay for all this? Obviously they'll all want houses in Tallaght because that's where Mammy is and it would go against their human rights/culture to break up the family. It's absolute madness.

Welcome to the entitlement culture.

As much as travellers really exploit this system, they aren't allow. Plenty of settled people know how to play the game just as well.

(in fairness, not many settled people are allowed to NOT send their kids to school, and most don't have such huge families).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yoghurt87 wrote: »
    Interesting comments from the defendant when he was charged:
    https://www.clarepeople.com/2018/03/08/fk-you-alleged-hijackers-reply-to-new-charge/amp/

Well there's one occasion I can honestly say I would have no issue with the Garda stoving his head in with a brick and throwing the corpse in a ditch.

What's scary in this whole thing is, she has 7 kids. 7 people that, in a few years, will be doing the same shouting for houses that she is - she's setting the example. And you can be guaranteed that these 7 will have 7 children of their own each.

49 people looking for houses. <snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

tuxy wrote: »
    Has she given up on facebook or perhaps realised she was doing more harm to her case than good with all the public posts?

I'll give everyone something else to read
    https://www.thesun.ie/news/3764209/irelands-dumbest-criminals-stole-car-tracking/

is 644 convictions a record?

Don't know if it's a record but that 35 convictions a year since 2001

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What's scary in this whole thing is, she has 7 kids. 7 people that, in a few years, will be doing the same shouting for houses that she is - she's setting the example. And you can be guaranteed that these 7 will have 7 children of their own each.

49 people looking for houses. It's like bacteria
    It will be an epidemic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Don't know if it's a record but that 35 convictions a year since 2001

Are the judges waiting for him to kill someone?

Odelay wrote: »
    Are the judges waiting for him to kill someone?

Her ....

Only the 173 previous convictions for Alan McDonagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    So she lied in court is what you are saying.

EDIT: and used her children as an excuse in this lie

She has a habit of using her kids, we all remember the Garda station pic.
    Dante7 wrote: »
    Fair point. I wonder was it suspended at the time of the mother's will. I'm trying to work out the benefits of leaving the leaving the estate in trust until she was 35. Getting a council house sprang to mind, as trust fund would not be reckonable.

Open to correction on this but I think it kicks in when one of the kids turn 18. Its to replace the children's allowance.

Open to correction on this but I think it kicks in when one of the kids turn 18. Its to replace the children's allowance.

Great point

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement