Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Cina wrote: »
    What? That's a crazy train of thought, it'll just lead to more Margaret Cash's.

What we need is affordable childcare and cost of living so that women can pursue their career's whilst still being able to have kids, not one or the other.
    Women don't need careers. No one needs a career. People need families.

This career stuff is real subhuman consumerist bull****.

I agree with you about free childcare though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

hynesie08 wrote: »
    So, is she in tallaght or what? Is dis her 4eva home?

She seems to be in Tallaght now again alright. She has just discovered that one of the local community pages was sharing an article about her stealing 6 months ago.
    Her friends are telling her to report people to their employers for making negative comments about her on the ‘Just for Tallaght’ article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

No one needs a career.

So we can have a magic-money-tree economy where nobody works and we all live happily on the generous social welfare benefits provided by de gubbermint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Women don't need careers. No one needs a career. People need families.

This career stuff is real subhuman consumerist bull****.

I agree with you about free childcare though.

Of course people need careers.

And more importantly, what if women want careers?

So we can have a magic-money-tree economy where nobody works and we all live happily on the generous social welfare benefits provided by de gubbermint?
    We can easily have that. There's more to life than work, sleep, consume, die(not that you ever do any work of course ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Yes, try to keep up!
    It's in the Cayman islands. It's called the Ansbacher tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

We can easily have that. There's more to life than work, sleep, consume, die(not that you ever do any work of course ).
    Who'll fund it?

(Can't believe I bit....)

Of course people need careers.

And more importantly, what if women want careers?
    You can't always get what you want, no no no no no , you can't always get what you want, oh no no no no no, but if you try sometime , yeah yeah , you get what you need ,

anyway unlike yourself and Vox Nihili I actually do work so this conversation is at an end.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Who'll fund it?

(Can't believe I bit....)
    Unfortunately unlike those who advocate work I do work so can't explain in detail but easily achieved by proper allocation of societies resources.

• Advertisement

Ah Marie, you’re gonna have to be a bit more subtle in the winding up competition.

It's in the Cayman islands. It's called the Ansbacher tree.
    The 1980's called, they want their scandal back.

Unfortunately unlike those who advocate work I do work so can't explain in detail but easily achieved by proper allocation of societies resources.
    Hah! :rolleyes:

You can't always get what you want, no no no no no , you can't always get what you want, oh no no no no no, but if you try sometime , yeah yeah , you get what you need ,

anyway unlike yourself and Vox Nihili I actually do work so this conversation is at an end.
    P*ss off you condescending <insert warn-able insult here>. You have no idea if I work or not.

Your argument makes no sense anyway so it's fine by me if you want to end the conversation. I don't like to waste my time on gibberish.

I ... can't explain in detail

Why am I not surprised?
    ...easily achieved by proper allocation of societies resources.

Tell us more, comrade! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And now the Ryan Tubirdy show on Radio has another pro traveller section on.

To try to make them out to be our great ethnic group who we should all be proud of.

Comparing our gang of criminals to indigenous tribes in south America, they are having a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »

To try to make them out to be our great ethnic group who we should all be proud of.

Comparing our gang of criminals to indigenous tribes in south America, they are having a laugh.

There's a special about this on Tommorow night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭ohfa6muwtsvkc1

Well we should deffo be ashamed of the way we have, and continue to, treat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Well we should deffo be ashamed of the way we have, and continue to, treat them.

The indigenous tribes of South America? Agreed. Taking their land on a daily basis due to logging etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

What exactly culture wise and societal wise have the traveling community contributed to Ireland?
    Would you be happy for halting site to pop up at the bottom of your garden?

I am not sure fly tipping, fleecing people for tarmacking and actively forcing underage marriage counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

gmisk wrote:
    What exactly culture wise and societal wise have the traveling community contributed to Ireland? Would you be happy for halting site to pop up at the bottom of your garden?

You will never receive a detailed answer to your question.

• Advertisement

Travellers in Ireland get away lightly.

Allowed to break most laws the rest of us have to abide to.

Have money thrown at them for schemes and special education that they turn their noses up at and then claim it's our fault when they don't bother sending their kids to get educated.

Allowed to drive around in brand new jeeps whilst unemployed, yet CAB refuse to ask them how they got the money to buy them?

I could go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She seems to be in Tallaght now again alright. She has just discovered that one of the local community pages was sharing an article about her stealing 6 months ago.
    Her friends are telling her to report people to their employers for making negative comments about her on the ‘Just for Tallaght’ article.

Pity

Looks like she has been rewarded for her publicity stunt in the Garda statation

We're about the only country in the world where they could get away with their antics. Lifelong social welfare and free houses for their huge families, no questions asked. Revenue, the Gardai, and Tusla consistently looking the other way. Travellers with hundreds of criminal convictions walking around free without a bother, doing whatever they please. Everyone from politicians to academics to state broadcasters falling all over themselves to appease them. Anyone who criticizes Travellers instantly branded a racist.

We shouldn't be ashamed of how we treat them -- we should be embarrassed that this is the kind of country that we now live in.

There's a special about this on Tommorow night!

Is it not a series?

Is it not a series?

Sorry, there's a few episodes!

Is it not a series?
    it's a disgrace is what it is. My TV license money going to a show like that, about traveler's heading off to Brazil and their "culture" being celebrated.

F*cking RTÉ are a joke.

Yeah it's a two part series

Traveller’s Guide: Finding your tribe from Siberia to the Amazon

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/features/travellers-guide-findingyour-tribe-from-siberia-to-the-amazon-908718.html

it's a disgrace is what it is. My TV license money going to a show like that, about traveler's heading off to Brazil and their "culture" being celebrated.

F*cking RTÉ are a joke.

I'm open to this.
    Once they research the program correctly.
    They show how these people in minority groups fund there lives or are they assisted by the state.
    They show the % in employment, in schools, with a criminal record etc and contrast it with travellers in Ireland.
    I hope it's not just travellers going to have a look around.

Ha that will never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Tbf to RTE, sending travellers to Siberia is something I'd be four square behind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They are getting so much help and not taking it's insane. They can't possibly be playing the oppressed, discrimination card any more. Money and lots of it to educate themselves, but they don't want it. They don't want to better themselves, they don't want to find a career and make money for themselves, they have no interest in it. They just want free money and free houses from the state.

If they don't want to train for work or go to school, then cut them off. Give them absolutely nothing and see how long they last.

gmisk wrote: »
    What exactly culture wise and societal wise have the traveling community contributed to Ireland?

So we should only treat groups correctly, if they meet some presupposed notion of value creation to a society? Bloody hell, that's dangerous ideology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Just for Tallaght is not backing down anyway

QmSqZXV.jpg

mvjBAdj.jpg

Some of the spelling is brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So that's Amish, Aboriginals, African Americans, Maoris and now Amazonian tribes. That's some collage of cultures.

Dilibertry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I've never been more proud of Tallaght. *sheds tear*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm lost, what is that all about?

Dilibertry :D

dilbert-2011-a-p.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm lost, what is that all about?

Margaret didn't like this post about her with a link to an article about her stealing

"Sometimes we don’t know people’s circumstances and sometimes people are just put and out leeches. This woman is just that, she gets in excess of €2500 per month in welfare payments, social housing (pays very little) free medical care and still goes around stealing from others".

http://www.echo.ie/news/article/homeless-mother-margaret-cash-in-court-for-stealing-321-worth-of-clothes

So we should only treat groups correctly, if they meet some presupposed notion of value creation to a society? Bloody hell, that's dangerous ideology.

So you have no idea what their unique culture is either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Here's a grand Island - why don't the Gubberment just ship all belonging to this culture off onto their own island?

Imagine it - endless roads for them to travel around. Plenty of room for the horses. They could have all the boxing matches they wanted. And - 4eva homes for the angles. Let them create their own law, provide their own edumacations. They could have their own gubberment.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/property/you-can-own-a-157-acre-island-in-west-cork-for-a-cool-675-million-851514.html

I think you just described Rathkeale at xmas, Gerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Here's a grand Island - why don't the Gubberment just ship all belonging to this culture off onto their own island?

Imagine it - endless roads for them to travel around. Plenty of room for the horses. They could have all the boxing matches they wanted. And - 4eva homes for the angles. Let them create their own law, provide their own edumacations. They could have their own gubberment.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/property/you-can-own-a-157-acre-island-in-west-cork-for-a-cool-675-million-851514.html

One thing missing from that island though.......
    Taxpayers - to pay for everything!

So you have no idea what their unique culture is either?

It's like you're knocking on the door of their being no difference between settled people and travellers. If this were so, you wouldn't be able to identify them as such.

• Advertisement

It's like you're knocking on the door of their being no difference between settled people and travellers. If this were so, you wouldn't be able to identify them as such.

They identify themselves as such. With their entitlement and their behaviour. Again, before someone sh*ts themselves with outrage, not all travellers behave appallingly but some do.

I identify them as Irish, same as other scroungers. Its only fools like Bernard Sweeney and John Connors (wanker) who try to separate them from us. And lets be honest, they only perpetuate that particular myth in order to get more from the state that they despise so much.

Still no idea so? Easier just to admit it.

Just For Tallaght told her to f*ck off :pac:

And the comments are all telling her things like "f*ck them hun block them all c*nts".

Annnnnnnd....now she has shared the page of a psychotherapist who liked the k word comment. I'm just waiting on the threats.

The comments are funny

"Block them they haven't a clue your doing a great job with your children head high girl"

"I dunno where u find the strength to cope gby"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Just For Tallaght told her to f*ck off :pac:

And the comments are all telling her things like "f*ck them hun block them all c*nts".

Annnnnnnd....now she has shared the page of a psychotherapist who liked the k word comment. I'm just waiting on the threats.

Remember when she liked the racist post.
    Not a peep from anyone about that of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement