Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hahaha not an answer I have but I seriously doubt it.

Look, if it wasn't him, it would have been Kathryn Thomas or some other tosser so we're paying for it either way.

But if they sent Kathryn Thomas we might get to see her in a bikini so not a complete waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

But if they sent Kathryn Thomas we might get to see her in a bikini so not a complete waste of money.

Yer man Paddy was looking well in his battle gear, I'm sure he floated a few boats too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cash would be in the camouflage one piece suits or tracks.....

They should do a documentary where the go in and show all the illegal going ons inside a halting site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just in relation to housing - the €1.7m houses in Thurles still empty and a "key ready" house in Clonmel (with stables for ponies) has been burnt inside and destroyed as one traveller family didn't want another traveller family getting it so destroyed it before they could get in.

Pure scum - leave them homeless. What a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Just in relation to housing - the €1.7m houses in Thurles still empty and a "key ready" house in Clonmel (with stables for ponies) has been burnt inside and destroyed as one traveller family didn't want another traveller family getting it so destroyed it before they could get in.

Love to see aul' Sweeney's reaction to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

The blame will still somehow lie at the hands of the racist countrymans, most likely because the scumbags oppressed victims who destroyed the house only did it because the racist countrymans didn't give them a house with stables first because they really really wanted one and if they don't get what they really really want, it's just racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

He'll blame the Maoris no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

[HTML][/HTML]

Are you sure it wasn't the settled community, or maybe the Amish, that burnt it out in protest ?

You know what they're like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The blame will still somehow lie at the hands of the racist countrymans, most likely because the scumbags oppressed victims who destroyed the house only did it because the racist countrymans didn't give them a house with stables first because they really really wanted one and if they don't get what they really really want, it's just racism.

They already have everything anyway and now they have the race card.What will be handed to them next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why aren't Rte running reports on how 1.7 mill worth of houses are still lying empty when we have a homeless crisis?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

How do you know who burnt the house in Clonmel?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    How do you know who burnt the house in Clonmel?

It wasn’t burned. The water from the damaged fittings put the fire out before any more damage could be done.
    http://tippfm.com/news/crime-legal/council-condemns-attack-on-local-authority-house-clonmel/

Sorry, didn't realise this was the same incident. He has already went on a rant blaming racism in the settled community (see Peter Casey Thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭wobatkicker23

NIMAN wrote: »
    Why aren't Rte running reports on how 1.7 mill worth of houses are still lying empty when we have a homeless crisis?

You think we have a homeless crisis?

Wake up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It wasn’t burned. The water from the damaged fittings put the fire out before any more damage could be done.
    http://tippfm.com/news/crime-legal/council-condemns-attack-on-local-authority-house-clonmel/

That is not what the link states. So far nobody has posted anything that points to who vandalized this house.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    That is not what the link states. So far nobody has posted anything that points to who vandalized this house.

I doubt that anyone will! Twas the untouchables.

I see the roving reporter for TraVision is the bould Je suis Derek, aka Derek le taxi, aka the midget parasite hungerstriking water charges protester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

These artists have a very cultured ascent don't you think?

Looks like Maggie's long awaited protest is going ahead tomorrow at 3pm

https://www.facebook.com/events/349994365618260/

I’m sure that it’ll be as successful as the other AAA/Whatevertheyarethisweeks international women’s days mass walkout. Shur, there’s an election coming up. Needs must.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

why on a Monday?

I’m sure that it’ll be as successful as the other AAA/Whatevertheyarethisweeks international women’s days mass walkout. Shur, there’s an election coming up. Needs must.

The people they represent generally don't vote though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

How ever do these people get the time off from work? It boggles the mind.

why on a Monday?

To coincide with the council meeting. And those attending don’t usually work.

“Protest outside sdcc tallaght on Monday at 3 o'clock can every1 plz make sure yas cum dis goes 4 every1 dats homeless
    *PLZ SHARE*”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

why on a Monday?

Because they don't need to worry about petty things like employment getting in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

why on a Monday?

Maybe there aren't any SW payments on a Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Bernard is small fry. No one cares what he thinks, not even other Travellers. I'd love to see how Pavee Point turn this around to be the fault of settled people.

If RTE were actually doing their job, they'd have a journalist over there looking for answers and accountability. Of course that's not going to happen. I really don't get it. RTE are supposed to be a national broadcaster that reflects Irish society. Yet all they do is push the narrative that Travellers are some down trodden minority who are never given a chance. Absolute BS. I wonder how many Travellers pay the license fee? How many Travellers vote? Politicians and RTE bend over backwards to defend this "culture", yet they get nothing in return. It makes absolutely no sense.

Travellers are never going to thank RTE or politicians for painting them in a good light, so why is this narrative pushed so much? The Peter Casey presidential campaign showed that Irish people are feed up to the back teeth of supporting a minority that is only interested in social welfare dependency and crime to supplement that income. I honestly don't understand why RTE don't do some real journalism and tackle real issues such as rural crime, turning down perfectly good houses, burning down perfectly good houses etc. They are an absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Bernard is small fry. No one cares what he thinks, not even other Travellers. I'd love to see how Pavee Point turn this around to be the fault of settled people.

If RTE were actually doing their job, they'd have a journalist over there looking for answers and accountability. Of course that's not going to happen. I really don't get it. RTE are supposed to be a national broadcaster that reflects Irish society. Yet all they do is push the narrative that Travellers are some down trodden minority who are never given a chance. Absolute BS. I wonder how many Travellers pay the license fee? How many Travellers vote? Politicians and RTE bend over backwards to defend this "culture", yet they get nothing in return. It makes absolutely no sense.

Travellers are never going to thank RTE or politicians for painting them in a good light, so why is this narrative pushed so much? The Peter Casey presidential campaign showed that Irish people are feed up to the back teeth of supporting a minority that is only interested in social welfare dependency and crime to supplement that income. I honestly don't understand why RTE don't do some real journalism and tackle real issues such as rural crime, turning down perfectly good houses, burning down perfectly good houses etc. They are an absolute joke.
    They don’t investigate much. Do a proper documentary into the traveler farce. It’s like with the welfare state , fg bend over backwards for them and yet all they get is abuse and they’ll never get a vote for it. Morons !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If RTE were actually doing their job, they'd have a journalist over there looking for answers and accountability. Of course that's not going to happen. I really don't get it. RTE are supposed to be a national broadcaster that reflects Irish society. Yet all they do is push the narrative that Travellers are some down trodden minority who are never given a chance. Absolute BS. I wonder how many Travellers pay the license fee? ****How many Travellers vote? Politicians and RTE bend over backwards to defend this "culture", yet they get nothing in return. It makes absolutely no sense. ******

I have wondered about this too, whats the % in it for politicians to fight for these people? They wont be thanked for it by the working people nor get votes from non-voters! I just dont get it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I have wondered about this too, whats the % in it for politicians to fight for these people? They wont be thanked for it by the working people nor get votes from non-voters! I just dont get it
    Because most of them are going with whatever they think is the flow P and since so many live lives of isolation from realities on the ground, or have been so long in the political class they've forgotten they follow that herd and currently that herd is - and christ knows I hate to use the term - "social justice" and they're "virtue signalling" how caring and right on they are. If we were living in a fascist state then the vast majority would signal that cause. Just like the vast majority did when the Vatican was a political partner in the country. The general population tends to do similarly. It's not just the politicos. Consider that f this site was around in Ireland of the 1950's a Church Forum would be in place and bloody popular and threads like equal rights for homosexuals/abortion/divorce would be far more against than pro.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

While I'm on a rant, this is something that happened nearly three years ago. My mother had end stage cancer and was in the hospice in Renmore in Galway. I live about 5 miles away so used to cycle up every day. One evening I got there at 8 and locked my bike in the bike area. An hour later I got a call and went outside to take it. I noticed my bike was missing and nearly had a heart attack. I've had bikes stolen in the past and know that once it's gone, you don't get it back.

I went into the security guard on reception on the off chance he had seen something and I couldn't believe it when he said he knew who had taken my bike and the guards were already called! The bike stand is just across from reception and the security guard noticed two young ones walk up to my bike, break the lock and start to walk away. In fairness to him, he went out and confronted them and talked them into coming into reception. They were 15 and 7 years of age. My bike was left outside the reception area while he called the Guards.

The 15 year old ran out of reception and cycled off on my bike! The 7 year old was obviously scared/traumatised/crying and when the Guards showed up gave his name and his cousins name. Turns out the 15 yr old was well known to the Guards and had been sentenced the week before to a youth detention centre but there wasn't enough beds so he was let go.

I didn't witness any of this and the security guy rang the Guards to let them know I was the owner of the bike. They came back to get a statement from me and let me know they knew who he was and was trying to track him down. I was actually impressed they were going to this much effort just to track down a bike and I said that to the Ban Garda. Her attitude was my bike was worth €400 euro and it was worth retrieving.

While they were there, they were on the phone to the mother of the 15 year old. I said to the Guards can they just get the bike back, I don't care about pressing charges or anything else. I don't know if this is ethical or whatever but they actually handed me the phone to speak to the mother. I explained to her that my mother was dying of cancer and the only way I could get to see her was that bike. In fairness, this mother was 100% supportive. I stressed that I needed my bike to be able to visit my mother in the hospice. She didn't start claiming that her son was innocent. She actually sounded broken and this was a regular occurrence for her. She promised me that I would get my bike back and apologised for her sons actions. The son had not come home because he knew the Guards were looking for him.

To be honest, I thought that would be the last of it but at 12.30 I got a call to say they had got my bike and were bringing it back to the Hospice. Yay! Two Guards in a van pulled up with my bike and I was so ecstatic I hugged them both and cried at the same time. Turns out the little sh!t had already sold my bike for €40 but got it back when the buyer realised the Guards were closing in. Apparently the kid has an uncle who gets the younger members of the family to steal bikes and when he has a van load, he goes up the North and sells them.

I feel better for ranting and in the bigger scheme of things, losing a bike isn't the end of the world (even though for me at the time it would've been a massive loss) but this is what the Guards are up against. The older generation groom the younger ones to do crimes because they know as minors they will be treated with kid gloves. I got lucky because the 7 year old was too scared to lie. I bet when he went home he wasn't hugged and told it wasn't his fault but told to man up and stop being a snitch.

The Guards see this sh!t on a daily basis and their hands are tied. I honestly don't know how they do it. They go to all the trouble of catching people and arresting them, only for that person to walk away from court with a suspended sentence. I signed a statement that night but I've never heard anything since. I hope that young lad turned his life around but with extended family like he has, I doubt it. The only person I feel sorry for in all this is his mother.

This should be put on large posters and hung all around Donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Where will the angles be when the protest is taking place ?

Starts at 3 so presumably Margaret will be late after collecting the kids.

If anyone is in the area, please take a pic to show how many show up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Edenmoar

After reading this thread on and off I don't think I know how to spell angel or angle any more or which is which

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If this protest is taking place near your home or place of work, make sure to take the bikes, car and flower pots in with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Idbatterim wrote: »
    If this protest is taking place near your home or place of work, make sure to take the bikes, car and flower pots in with you!

And the childer....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Great turnout here

Great turnout here

24 listed as going on facebook equals how many in real life?

• Advertisement

Any pics? Or would you need a wide angle lens to fit everyone in?

Wide Angle, is also the name of Mags' tubby nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Great turnout here
    Did many angles turn up. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Interesting that the protest FB used the photo of Margaret's angles from Tallaght Garda station

Idea behind the protest is interesting too

Aimed at homeless people with large numbers of kids

A group of homeless Families, most with between five and eight young children, met at the Abberley Homeless Hub in Tallaght this evening and agreed to call a protest at the Monthly Council Meetings as many of them feel abandoned in Homelessness. The medical stress on large families in this situation is well documented, their need is particularly acute and very urgent.

Margaret seems to have her FB page on Lock-down. The only posts now appearing are ones that her friends have commented asking her to make it public so she can share.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Edenmoar

I know lots of people are struggling with the housing situation nowadays but what do these people actually want?
    Do they want every unemployed woman who has a baby to be given a house right away? What if lots and lots of women decided to take this path? It's not really sustainable is it?

Edenmoar wrote: »
    I know lots of people are struggling with the housing situation nowadays but what do these people actually want?
    Do they want every unemployed woman who has a baby to be given a house right away? What if lots and lots of women decided to take this path? It's not really sustainable is it?

But the gobberment is robbing them blind!
    The people that hold these protest have no understanding of economics nor do they want to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tuxy wrote: »
    But the gobberment is robbing them blind!
    The people that hold these protest have no understanding of economics nor do they want to understand.

This thread is on a loop.

I know she's a 'public figure' but I'm surprised she's not on here to sue :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She's busy enough with Just for Tallaght

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Interesting that the protest FB used the photo of Margaret's angles from Tallaght Garda station

Idea behind the protest is interesting too

Aimed at homeless people with large numbers of kids

A group of homeless Families, most with between five and eight young children, met at the Abberley Homeless Hub in Tallaght this evening and agreed to call a protest at the Monthly Council Meetings as many of them feel abandoned in Homelessness. The medical stress on large families in this situation is well documented, their need is particularly acute and very urgent.

They’re giving advice on contraception today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This thread is on a loop.

I know she's a 'public figure' but I'm surprised she's not on here to sue :)

On what grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Going back to when all this began last August her local TD Paul Murphy said the situation of the Cash family should “haunt this government”

Fianna Fáil spokesman on housing Darragh O’Brien said it was a “collasal failure of the state”

Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald slammed Fianna Fáil and wanted an immediate election

Not of one of these parties stuck with Mrs Cash and looking at it now they never cared in the first place.

Maybe Mrs Cash thought she had friends in high places but she was just a pawn used to score points

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement