Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tuxy wrote: »
    So about these hubs, I watched a video about one and it seemed nice enough with good facilities and support for families that are in a bad situation.
    I see this crowd are totally against them but what are the hubs really like?

Hubs and 'emergency accommodation' are supposed to be stop gap measures, because they cost the tax payer a hell of a lot more than the social housing we are lacking. People don't want to stay in accommodation designed for emergency on a long term basis and as a tax payer they shouldn't. Enough with the bills from the Gresham ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hubs and 'emergency accommodation' are supposed to be stop gap measures, because they cost the tax payer a hell of a lot more than the social housing we are lacking. People don't want to stay in accommodation designed for emergency on a long term basis and as a tax payer they shouldn't. Enough with the bills from the Gresham ffs.

Is it not a good thing that they are temporary? I understand it would be next to impossible to get a stable job while living on the street.
    Would a hub not give housing that is stable enough to secure a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

tuxy wrote: »
    So about these hubs, I watched a video about one and it seemed nice enough with good facilities and support for families that are in a bad situation.
    I see this crowd are totally against them but what are the hubs really like?

Dont think the angles liked the hub idea.

Dont think the angles liked the hub idea.

Perhaps the €37 a week families have to pay to live in a hub is excessive
    Especially when you see what awful condition they have to put up with.

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Homes not hubs

Homes not hubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

If I saw a family having to sleep in a Garda station I'd say the same. All very well after the fact to call people out on it.

She got a house out of it and it wasn't TD Paul Murphy, Fianna Fáil spokesman on housing Darragh O’Brien, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald gave it to her.

Maybe Paul Murphy, Mary Lou and co. should have had a quick read of boards before coming out with such nonsense? Called out here pretty much straight away that it was another publicity stunt:

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057899809/1

And you're correct, it was our "right wing" party, Fine Gael that gave her the house. Don't think you'll find many here singing their praises.

The gubbermint that was robbing her and that she expected nothing from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Homes not hubs

Homes not hubs

Hubbies not hubs lol

Maybe Bernard Sweeney can help there?

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Maybe Bernard Sweeney can help there?

Johnny McCarthy might not take well to him sniffing around his missus

Maybe not

AFAIK I know he is out of prison but not "living with the family" after doing the dirt on poor old margaret

Homeless Mum Margaret Cash reveals husband John McCarthy no longer living with family in Drumcondra B&B
    John McCarthy had rejoined the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-reveals-15132047

460652.png

Then again it's entirely possible he is still around just that it's an easier sell for Margaret as a 'single' mother

What a culture! Threatening and robbing the elderly puts you in a position where women are fighting over you as soon as you're released from prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pronto63 wrote: »
    As a broadcaster this hero makes the Muppets look like the BBC:D

He's not very subtle about putting words in the mouths of whoever he's interviewing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Being a mother is by far the most important job any woman can do. Far better than being an incompetent accountant or incompetent project manager.
    That's not exclusive to mothers and applies to fathers as well. Parents are the most important role models in a child's life and their skills will shape that child's life well into adulthood. There are plenty of parents who work and raise healthy, well balanced kids who go on to find full filling careers and live happy, safe lives. There are also plenty of parents who stay at home, live chaotic lives, don't value education, don't give their kids direction and the kids fall into crime/addiction/welfare dependency/mental health issues etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Look at this champ, mind-boggling stuff.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1033512/

Here’s the same Hulk Jr forcing his toddler son to down a glass of Guinness while shadow boxing.
    Surprisingly, all the comments underneath are all positive, not a single objecting voice :rolleyes:

https://www.facebook.com/100032662294428/posts/122445895520820?sfns=1

And another from his own page tonight.

https://www.facebook.com/100003607223077/posts/1457530597710500?sfns=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Here’s the same Hulk Jr forcing his toddler son to down a glass of Guinness while shadow boxing.
    Surprisingly, all the comments underneath are all positive, not a single objecting voice :rolleyes:

JHC that's sickening.

Child abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Child abuse.

Dreadful stuff. Couldn't someone act on that? Tusla? Gardai?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bobbyss wrote: »
    Dreadful stuff. Couldn't someone act on that? Tusla? Gardai?

They could but they won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Good god that's sick. Social services need to intervene, they get involved for far less with settled people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Poor kid looks grossly overweight. Probably a crap diet and rubbish eating habits, will know no different. Poor communication skills.

A life time of ill health ahead, exacerbated by growing up in a family where the father thinks its somegow acceptable for a kid to drink Guinness and throw a few slap shapes.

Kid has a shît father figure, kid will associate his fathers shît behaviour with what he should conform to, repeats and rinse. Repeat cycle. Rinse.
    Kid goes to school, can only communicate with his fists, verbally he already looks to be behind.. Other kids will avoid for fear and self preservation. Kid feels isolated, drops out early. When he's older, an advocate will call it discrimination.

I dont care if his father loves him. A father has a duty of care for his son as well. This isnt caring for your son. This isnt wanting the best outcome. This is child abuse. Fact. This kid's father (and mother possibly) has failed his son. Not the state. Not me or Peter Casey.

Kid should be taken into care, given a chance at life. Break the cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

What pub/dvd shop allows a clearly underage child to drink? Tulsa should be on this case.

And then they blame "us" for their low life expectancy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

christy c wrote: »
    Maybe Paul Murphy, Mary Lou and co. should have had a quick read of boards before coming out with such nonsense? Called out here pretty much straight away that it was another publicity stunt:

Yes because random racist neer do well weirdos and malcontents should set public policy!!!:rolleyes:;)

Go on Thady show me how you're goina do it

Child spills Guiness "go on that's ok drink it"

another few sups. "keep going drink it all"

"who's the boss" child me

"who are ya?" child "the hulk"

"throw us a few shapes now go on"

sure throw the cutlery on the floor

Then encourage the child to shadow box

"Go on drink it down, faster Thady"

Child "Can't go faster"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

It was probably Maori county council workers cunningly disguised as Amish, that gave him the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

What pub/dvd shop allows a clearly underage child to drink? Tulsa should be on this case.

How do you report something to Tusla? Genuinely, I think someone here should send this video to them- can I do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lillyfae wrote: »
    How do you report something to Tusla? Genuinely, I think someone here should send this video to them- can I do it?

Anyone can, and you don't even need proof, just a concern and they will do the rest (allegedly):

https://www.tusla.ie/children-first/individuals-working-with-children-and-young-people/how-do-i-report-a-concern-about-a-child/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Poor kid looks grossly overweight. Probably a crap diet and rubbish eating habits, will know no different. Poor communication skills.
    They give them loads of redbull, take the kid to a psychologist and get an assessment for ADHD. Result? Carers allowance + all extra benefits and no need to be pretending to be looking for a job.

Anyone can, and you don't even need proof, just a concern and they will do the rest (allegedly):

https://www.tusla.ie/children-first/individuals-working-with-children-and-young-people/how-do-i-report-a-concern-about-a-child/

Thanks. Waiting for confirmation of registration for a web form. They don't make it easy to do, but I urge everyone to do the same.

• Advertisement

Tusla, the Child and Family Agency, hereby acknowledge and thank you for successfully submitting a Child Protection & Welfare Report Form.

Your submission has been referred to the Child Protection Team who will review and be in contact with you.

Kind Regards
    Tusla Child Protection Team

Easy peasy. Let's see if anything comes of it. Strength in numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Tusla will file it on the too hard/dangerous pile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

The traveller protection team will over rule the child protection team every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

Yes because random racist neer do well weirdos and malcontents should set public policy!!!:rolleyes:;)

What are you waffling about? Matt was making the point that the reason our idiot politicians were so sympathetic was because they didn't know the back story. If they had engaged their brain they would have seen that it was a publicity stunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did you watch that video of the child abuse linked below your post. What's your thoughts on it? Is it racist to call it child abuse?

So its now racist to have concerns for a child's welfare...

Well played you. Virtue signalling extraordinaire, of a level not seen since Malcom Lyon-Dalberg-Acton, 5th Baron Acton, identified as a black Muslim homosexual, and semaphored YMCA from the roof of the House of Lords in 1983, whilst wearing a summer frock.

Lillyfae wrote:
    Easy peasy. Let's see if anything comes of it. Strength in numbers.

Well done. What information did you give? What information did they require from you? Will you let us know how that goes?

Presumably the link to the video would do?

KrustyUCC wrote:
    Presumably the link to the video would do?

I suppose. I was just on the tusla web site. They look for your details though it's not obligatory. Not sure if they can update you if you don't give your details however.

• Advertisement

They won't update you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Sign.jpg

Why not? Surely if you go to the trouble as a concerned citizen you'd think they should update you.

It is a private matter between Tusla and the parents/children concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Kinda irrelevant really.

This is a clear case of child abuse.

I almost feel sorry for Margaret being associated with this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Child abuse.

Stop that. It’s culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Lads and lassies I'm nearly sure the 'Hulk' is living up the North. I think it was a condition of his last court appearance. That, and not to be threatening people on YouTube.

So I'm not sure if tusla can do anything but no harm in contacting them all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That child hasn't a hope in life now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

pablo128 wrote: »
    Lads and lassies I'm nearly sure the 'Hulk' is living up the North. I think it was a condition of his last court appearance. That, and not to be threatening people on YouTube.

So I'm not sure if tusla can do anything but no harm in contacting them all the same.

Yes, I think he might be in Fermanagh. I was thinking that I didn't understand why the pub didn't kick them out. Then again I wouldn't like to be a pub landlord asking Joe Joyce Jr to leave.

That child hasn't a hope in life now.

In 20years some gobshîte will be telling you its your fault

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement