Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Don't you see the big red flag there? Her mother isn't bothered by the robbing part (and you should be judging that) and is deflecting the spotlight onto the mean officials who brought up that the child can't read and again, the special Ethnic Status is brought into play because "oh well, travellers can't read". This is why so many people are annoyed with the Ethnic Status, because it is wheeled out to protect them whenever they blatantly break the law.

That child is nine and has made her communion

How is that she can't read?

According to Margaret the kids never miss a day of school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I think the child in question isnt Margarets own.

its one of the hugs hun brigade asking the pals to pray she gets her children back.

The not being able to read part is supposed to explain why the child should know you have to pay for something, they will use every excuse under the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    That child is nine and has made her communion

How is that she can't read?

According to Margaret the kids never miss a day of school
    A poster quoted a fb quote and we were talking about the contents of the post. Someone else has said that wasn't Margaret talking about her own child. Which would make sense because if Margaret had lost her kids at any stage it would be all over the media by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

So (and please pardon me if it's a stupid question, I'm not Irish and this whole Traveller business is still new to me) isn't there some law in Ireland that says that kids have to go to school, otherwise they're taken away?

There are laws for school attendance but as others have said those laws are only enforced for members of the settled community.

Much like the laws on pollution, waste treatment, trespassing, motoring and animal welfare.

Our police force are often afraid to mess with travellers because they could face a full scale riot and they are pretty good at street fighting.
    After all they do enough practice bare knuckle boxing, fighting with slash hooks and briar hooks, pick axe handles and hatchets.

Then even when the Garda manage to drag them to court our judges just go with the sob stories from the taxpayer funded solicitor/barrister and give them yet another slap on the wrist.

Rinse and repeat.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

A poster quoted a fb quote and we were talking about the contents of the post. Someone else has said that wasn't Margaret talking about her own child. Which would make sense because if Margaret had lost her kids at any stage it would be all over the media by now.

Ah ok fair enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

jmayo wrote: »
    Our police force are often afraid to mess with travellers because they could face a full scale riot and they are pretty good at street fighting.

Then even when the Garda manage to drag them to court our judges just go with the sob stories from the taxpayer funded solicitor/barrister and give them yet another slap on the wrist.

Rinse and repeat.

Well yes and no, a good number of the Gardai are pally with them, or at least as pally as they get with anyone.

Our office got a phobe call to say that a house we had let had a smashed patio door.
    I drove out to see what the story was, to find the tenant there with an uncle.
    The uncle was measuring it for a new glass.
    The tenant and the wife had had a row and something got thrown through the patio door.
    The wife and child had left.
    The tenant assured me the glass would be replaced by morning, rest of the house was fine.
    Then tbe Gardai appeared. Someone had reported a row etc.
    They weren't a bit interested in me, the house owner, or the door.
    Started chatting to your man about some christening at the weekend, and the row afterwards.
    When the tenant started inviting them in for tea, I left.

Tenants moved out a month later, leaving a huge gas bill. (and the gas cut off)

Didnt see him for at least a year, and came across him one day in Cavan courthouse when I was taxing the jeep.
    All pally, tried to sell me a cattle trailer that was allegedly stored in a yard in north county Dublin.

It'd be a very foolish lad would follow him to some obsure yard somewhere in the north side of the city while driving a jeep and with three thousand euro cash in uour pocket .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,988 ✭✭✭spookwoman

What about the bit where her daughter got caught robbing from the hotel shop?

Also you don't need to be able to read to know robbing and stealing is wrong and against the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

jmayo wrote: »
    There are laws for school attendance but as others have said those laws are only enforced for members of the settled community.

Much like the laws on pollution, waste treatment, trespassing, motoring and animal welfare.

After all they do enough practice bare knuckle boxing, fighting with slash hooks and briar hooks, pick axe handles and hatchets.

Rinse and repeat.

Don't forget the legal system takes a piece of the pie too for helping our culture enriched cousins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

spookwoman wrote: »
    Also you don't need to be able to read to know robbing and stealing is wrong and against the law.

If you're shown and told every day that it is acceptable behaviour to rob from others, then perhaps you do need to be able to read to find an alternative opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

She posted a newspaper article about someone being jailed for 5 years for being in the 'RA.
    First comment is about a pedophile getting a suspended sentence, followed by her comment:

Yep dats the way dis ****ed up country works nw tryna get rid of any1 that will stand up to dem

So if she want's the country to run properly, then surely she is admitting that she should be locked up for her crimes and involvement in criminal behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

The balls on the lad with the first comment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Cheers Dougal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Gravelly wrote: »

and what if they are they still be use to someone u cheeky ****. Get a life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Gravelly wrote: »

Whats worse, is that I know the cnut.... He is exactly how he there...a stupid knuckle dragging don't want to pay for anything but want everything for free neanderthal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Love the comment about "are they robbed from Penneys" and one of the hunny army replied "so what if they are, they're still of use to someone you cheeky c**t, get a life".

Words fail me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

So (and please pardon me if it's a stupid question, I'm not Irish and this whole Traveller business is still new to me) isn't there some law in Ireland that says that kids have to go to school, otherwise they're taken away?

No. In Ireland the parents have the constitutional recognition as the primary educator of their children. Children are entitled to an education that meets 'certain minimum' standards and the parents can choose how the child receives that. Obviously the majority of parents choose state schools and then it becomes the responsibility of the school to give the child the 'certain minimum' while parents are legally compelled to make sure the child attends the school they are registered with. Other parents choose from a variety of types of private school. If the school is registered with the Department of Education and receives state funding the school is required to make sure the children meet the educational requirements of the national curriculum and follow the same 180 day school year with no more than 20 absences. If the school is not state funded they register with Tusla as an independent school and there are Tusla staff, usually ex school principles/teachers, who check that the children are receiving the minimum standards of education. But Tusla is primarily a child welfare organisation so, tbh, they are also checking for signs of neglect and abuse. There is no legal requirement for a totally independent school to operate a set number of days or to monitor attendance, though each school will have it's own policy and may take a very dim view of absenteeism.

But a parent can also choose neither of these options and educate their children themselves at home. The current legal requirement on this is that parents register with Tusla as home educators and have an assessment with the same people who assess independent schools. For the most part this is actually extremely hands-off as once the child clearly has access to an education and there are no signs of abuse or neglect the parents have pretty free reign as to how they provide that education.

I'm not an assessor, so I don't know exactly what they are told to look for as warning signs but I know a number of home educators who have been through assessments and from talking to them I suspect that they are essentially assessing the parents. If they meet with a parent who is clearly well educated and has made a decision they believe is in the best interests of their child, who can talk through their educational methods, the theory and history of the method(s) they are using, have evidence of the education the child is receiving, ie project work, workbooks, shelves full of books, educational games, art supplies, maths equipment, etc. They will usually step back and let the parent get on with it. There is no need for micro-management and tbh, no resources to do so either. If the parent has literacy levels that match the quoted Facebook post, a complete lack of concern that the child is illiterate (which would definitely start to come under the heading of 'certain minimum' standard by age 9) no clear signs of an education being provided for the child, etc then further, more intensive assessments would be required and the parent may find themselves refused registration as a home educator, which could then see the child required to attend school. So some parents who don't want their child to go to school will also not register as home educators (as they are not home educating) as they would rather slip under the radar than invite someone into their home to scrutinise how they are parenting and educating their children.

iguana wrote: »
    No. In Ireland the parents have the constitutional recognition as the primary educator of their children. Children are entitled to an education that meets 'certain minimum standards' and the parents can choose how the child receives that. Obviously the majority of parents choose state schools and then it becomes the responsibility of the school to give the child the 'certain minimum standard' while parents are legally compelled to make sure the child attends the school they are registered with. Other parents choose from a variety of types of private school. If the school is registered with the Department of Education and receives state funding they school is required to make sure the children meet the education requirements of the national curriculum. If the school is not state funded they register with Tusla as an independent school and and there are Tusla staff, usually ex school principles/teacher who check that the children are receiving the minimum standards of education. But Tusla is primarily a child welfare organisation so, tbh, they are also checking for signs of neglect and abuse.

But a parent can also choose neither of these options and educate their children themselves at home. The current legal requirement on this is that parents register with Tusla as home educators and have an assessment with the same people who assess independent schools. For the most part this is actually extremely hands-off as once the child clearly has access to an education and there are no signs of abuse or neglect the parents have pretty free reign as to how they provide that education.

I'm not an assessor, so I don't know exactly what they are told to look for as warning signs but I know a number of home educators who have been through assessments and from talking to them I suspect that they are essentially assessing the parents. If they meet with a parent who is clearly well educated and has made a decision they believe is in the best interests of their child, who can talk through their educational methods, the theory and history of the method(s) they are using, have evidence of the education the child is receiving, ie project work, workbooks, shelves full of books, educational games, art supplies, maths equipment, etc. They will usually step back and let the parent get on with it. There is no need for micro-management and tbh, no resources to do so either. If the parent has literacy levels that match the quoted Facebook post, a complete lack of concern that the child is illiterate (which would definitely start to come under the heading of 'minimum standard' by age 9) no clear signs of an education being provided for the child, etc then further, more intensive assessments would be required and the parent may find themselves refused registration as a home educator, which could then see the child required to attend school.

I can actually foresee how this would go:

Department of Education visit the Cash home;
    Evaluate that she cannot read and therefore cannot educate children;
    Make report;
    Local PBP lot (or similar) leak report pitching it as "discrimination";
    Cash off scot free and a further generation of wasters is excused the same rules the rest of the country have to live by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Love the comment about "are they robbed from Penneys" and one of the hunny army replied "so what if they are, they're still of use to someone you cheeky c**t, get a life".

Words fail me.

There’s a traveller woman that lives near me that heads into town every weekend, robs the f*ck out of clothes shops and puts them up for sale on Facebook on her way home. She takes pics of them hanging up individually on the handrails of the train with a price under each pic. No shame.

• Advertisement

There’s a traveller woman that lives near me that heads into town every weekend, robs the f*ck out of clothes shops and puts them up for sale on Facebook on her way home. She takes pics of them hanging up individually on the handrails of the train with a price under each pic. No shame.

Neither shame nor fear of any repercussions clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

iguana wrote: »
    So some parents who don't want their child to go to school will also not register as home educators (as they are not home educating) as they would rather slip under the radar than invite someone into their home to scrutinise how they are parenting and educating their children.

But how is it even possible for children to slip under the radar? How can it be possible that a parent can receive child benefit on the one hand and on the other hand the child falling under the radar with regards to education?

Seems to me that education, or lack thereof more importantly, lies pretty much at the foundation of many if not all of the problems with traveler culture.

As far as I'm concerned deliberately withholding a basic education from your children, regardless of what trouble you go through to feed or cloth (:rolleyes:) them is child abuse and should be treated as such, no it ifs or buts about it, no excuses regarding culture.

wexie wrote: »
    But how is it even possible for children to slip under the radar? How can it be possible that a parent can receive child benefit on the one hand and on the other hand the child falling under the radar with regards to education?

Seems to me that education, or lack thereof more importantly, lies pretty much at the foundation of many if not all of the problems with traveler culture.

As far as I'm concerned deliberately withholding a basic education from your children, regardless of what trouble you go through to feed or cloth (:rolleyes:) them is child abuse and should be treated as such, no it ifs or buts about it, no excuses regarding culture.

I've long said that Children's Allowance should be linked to a minimum attendance at school (chronic illnesses allowed of course).

In this day and age, anyone who has illiterate children (who aren't illiterate because of some medical reason) should not be allowed to be the primary carers of those children.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had a neighbour who approached me one day after living up the road for about 7 months and she said to me "I always thought you were a Garda", she proceeds to open a bag and pull out items of clothes and ask me if I have any interest in the jackets she has as she thought they were 'my style'.
    I wasn't interested, so she asked me what brands I liked and said she would see if she could get them.
    I've no doubt I could have given her a shopping list and she would have arrived back the next day with everything on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Link or it didn't happen.

Effects wrote: »

Oh ffs are you really that gullible or just a Pavee Point shill ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Good point, it takes a second to take a screenshot. The pics would be interesting so please post.

I think you'll probably find an example of one of those in most local FB 'mammy' or for sale groups. My wife was showing me one where the person in question was putting up designer clothing, tags still on and nowhere near yer one's size.

These aren't just one off examples, they're a lifestyle :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

When you receive CB you periodically get a letter asking for proof of residence.(I get it every year as my son was born in the UK, so there is an assumption I'll leave the country again.) On the letter you are asked to provide the name of the school that a child of over 5 is attending (prior to that they want your child's GP's name/creche). If the child is home educated they will usually ask for proof of registration. But if a parent wants to they can challenge this and insist that evidence of registration with a GP is accepted instead. Home Ed registration can't happen before the child is 6 and can take over a year to happen after the parent sends in the forms. So this is often necessary.

Though I suspect that those who are trying to fly under the radar won't challenge the system. They'll just stick the name of the local school on the form regardless of whether or not the child attends. I think there are pretty good odds that it's a box ticking exercise and there is little follow up to check that the child of the CB recipient is actually in the school they name. But again, that's just a guess based on the resources that would be needed to follow through on each letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Don’t know why people are finding it so hard to believe :rolleyes:

8-DD6-D917-D50-C-4-CA1-9497-383-AECED0-A2-C.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Quality.

Not even waiting to get home to take the photos, do it on the bus on the way home from robbing.

"B-b-but they could have been purchased....."

Well done for putting the truth front and centre. The virtue signallers who believe Cash and her ilk are just poor, downtrodden waifs do need proof.

Sadly.

That's hilarious. Stealing the hangers and all is quality.

The only bit that was surprising was the posting of pics before she even got home. I just wanted to see it for myself, thanks for posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

tuxy wrote: »
    The only bit that was surprising was the posting of pics before she even got home. I just wanted to see it for myself, thanks for posting.

someone should reported this scum to FB as as dealer of stolen goods ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

She probably doesnt pay the train fare either.

Probably be called a racist for this but noticed it a while ago on my FB marketplace there's always unopened tools from LIDL - traveller surname and infinite amount of the stuff available

Yeah but he could have gotten them legitimately and is selling them cheap cause he fell on hard times and needs to money now, he tried returning them but he spilled coffee on the receipts on his way back to the shops (in his taxed, nct'd and insured van) and now the bastards won't take them back!!!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Yeah but he could have gotten them legitimately and is selling them cheap cause he fell on hard times and needs to money now, he tried returning them but he spilled coffee on the receipts on his way back to the shops (in his taxed, nct'd and insured van) and now the bastards won't take them back!!!

:rolleyes:

Possible! ;););););)

Possible! ;););););)

Hmmm....yeah and I guess it's possible that that kid in Wicklow that was caught red handed coming out of someone else's house was in there to fold the laundry and accidentally left the socks on his hands cause he had to rush out to go do his next good deed.

:mad:

In the meantime I'll go with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hmmm....yeah and I guess it's possible that that kid in Wicklow that was caught red handed coming out of someone else's house was in there to fold the laundry and accidentally left the socks on his hands cause he had to rush out to go do his next good deed.

Sock thing could be part of his superhero persona.

The poor angle only had socks on his hands because de gubbermint won't give his poor mammy de munny to edumacate him at home on how to put dem on his little feet and all de settled boys was slagging him n school on account of him bein a traveller an all.

In the meantime I'll go with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

Sorry that was meant to be sarcasm there!!!!! I agree with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,980 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

€300 worth of stuff from Penneys, what did she take :eek: and all in one go :confused:

• Advertisement

• JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €300 worth of stuff from Penneys, what did she take :eek: and all in one go :confused:

Clothes for the childer sure god help em they’ve no house or nothing and the winters coming, oh be the holy man it’s coming and god bless us and save us the poor craters need the few oul jackets and poor oul mags god bless her heart only gets 400 pound a week to feed herself and 7 childer sure what was she to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Oh ffs are you really that gullible or just a Pavee Point shill ???

I'm not that gullible. I just think lots of these stories are made up. I prefer to see actual proof.
    I questioned the guy who said she was looking to spend €260 on a pair of runners, and he showed me the facebook post. If you're going to make a claim be prepared to back it up.

I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitled to buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country

I bet people on here have never spent the day fleecing retailers, they know nothing of the hardship involved.

I'm not that gullible. I just think lots of these stories are made up. I prefer to see actual proof.
    I questioned the guy who said she was looking to spend €260 on a pair of runners, and he showed me the facebook post. If you're going to make a claim be prepared to back it up.

So now that you've seen proof have you anything to say?

Any other reason you can think of why those pictures are clearly taken in a bus, and the tags are clearly still on the clothes?

People don't need to make stories like these up, they just need to look around.

Sorry that was meant to be sarcasm there!!!!! I agree with you!

I know :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement