Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Don’t know why people are finding it so hard to believe :rolleyes:

I don't know why people find it so hard to post images to back up their claims. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Effects wrote: »
    I don't know why people find it so hard to post images to back up their claims. :rolleyes:

he did.....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108428787&postcount=833

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Effects wrote: »

He did - so, your thoughts now you've seen it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had a neighbour who approached me one day after living up the road for about 7 months and she said to me "I always thought you were a Garda", she proceeds to open a bag and pull out items of clothes and ask me if I have any interest in the jackets she has as she thought they were 'my style'.
    I wasn't interested, so she asked me what brands I liked and said she would see if she could get them.
    I've no doubt I could have given her a shopping list and she would have arrived back the next day with everything on it :)
    A girl i used to work with in the city centre used to have people who could rob on demand. If she saw a dress she liked, she would tell them what shop and what size/colour and she would pay half of what was on the label

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A girl i used to work with in the city centre used to have people who could rob on demand. If she saw a dress she liked, she would tell them what shop and what size/colour and she would pay half of what was on the label

It saves you waiting for the sales i suppose.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It saves you waiting for the sales i suppose.
    probably get it delivered next day as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    probably get it delivered next day as well

By bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Don’t know why people are finding it so hard to believe :rolleyes:

8-DD6-D917-D50-C-4-CA1-9497-383-AECED0-A2-C.jpg

See how the image gives much more insight.
    The clothes are for sale in Birr but public transport like this is non existant in Birr.

Shows the effort made to travel distance to aquire the goods and spending the journey home to list said goods shows efficent use of time.
    A true entrepreneur

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

tuxy wrote: »
    The clothes are for sale in Birr but public transport like this is non existant in Birr.

Shows the effort made to travel distance to aquire the goods and spending the journey home to list said goods shows efficent use of time.
    A true entrepreneur

You are Martin Collins and I claim my five euro!

tuxy wrote: »

A true entrepreneur

They probably have a free travel pass as well.

• Advertisement

• They probably have a free travel pass as well.

Their free travel pass is just not bothering to pay.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Gravelly wrote: »
    By bus.

In the event that there are people half reading this;

There is no evidence that Margaret Cash ever stole a bus

Their free travel pass is just not bothering to pay.

that works too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,988 ✭✭✭spookwoman

If you're shown and told every day that it is acceptable behavior to rob from others, then perhaps you do need to be able to read to find an alternative opinion
    You don't need to be shown and told that and using illiteracy as an excuse to rob is just as bad saying he's a good man helping the community he shouldn't be punished for molesting and raping his children.
    When growing up we used to have travelers stop in the lay by over from us and when they were about everyone went into lock down because if it wasn't nailed down it was stolen. If it wasn't stolen they would try to intimate you into selling or giving it to them.
    Their family that lived in town cut another family member up with a slash hook, a motorcycle cop was buried up his neck in a gravel pit, f*ck sake the army was drafted in to try and keep the peace. We had one in school and she sh*t in another girls school bag because she didn't like her. She spent most of her time out of school due to bad behavior.
    In another town my 10 year nephew was bullied and terrorized by travelers.
    Where I live they burnt a family out of their house and the children were badly burnt, that was in the news. I don't know how many time animal welfare has been called to a collapsed sulky pony on the road or how many dogs have been stolen from owners while the owner was walking them.
    I cannot say myself or my family have ever had a nice experience with travelers but we cannot say that or we get labeled as racist.

spookwoman wrote: »
    We had one in school and she sh*t in another girls school bag because she didn't like her. She spent most of her time out of school due to bad behavior.

To me this is the most disturbing thing out of all of that.

For a primary age school child to do something like this.....what must their home life be like? What example are they getting?

wexie wrote: »
    To me this is the most disturbing thing out of all of that.

For a primary age school child to do something like this.....what must their home life be like? What example are they getting?
    This was secondary school

This was secondary school

Aaaaand you've just made it even more disturbing...

But calling them 'feral' is still out of bounds apparently.

(just to clarify, I'm not calling all traveler children feral, but that particular child is feral)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    €300 worth of stuff from Penneys, what did she take :eek: and all in one go :confused:

a normal person might need a pallet and a forklift but not Cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I cannot say myself or my family have ever had a nice experience with travelers but we cannot say that or we get labeled as racist.

this is not true. nobody gets labeled as racist for making that statement. they may get labeled as racist if they tar all travelers with the same brush as the ones they have had bad experiences with.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

gwalk wrote: »
    Catch yourself on

this is not true. nobody gets labeled as racist for making that statement. they may get labeled as racist if they tar all travelers with the same brush as the ones they have had bad experiences with.

That is certainly how it should be, but the word racist gets thrown a lot pretty easily these days.

And if you've only ever had bad experiences with a particular segment of the population (not even just travelers, could be farmers, or Indians or postmen for all I care) it's easy enough to form the opinion they are all like that. I'm not excusing it but I certainly understand it.

And that's why I don't understand why there aren't any positive traveler spokes people out there. That don't try and make right what's wrong by excusing crime, antisocial behaviour, animal welfare issues etc. etc. as part of a time honoured culture.

But just are a positive role model on their own accord, and their own behaviours.

I would genuinely like to see someone like that.

(don't say bleedin John Connors cause i'll never take you seriously again :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Just quickly back to the topic of children being taken away because they can't read - here's a whole post about it.

Oh god, the comments.
    Plz God an are lady bring them home wear they belong
    it’s unblevible Al becouse thear not educated
    It’s a joke theses chilren al over the world geting naglected & murders & thay won’t do nothing about it but thay take children from a good home just becouse thay can’t read
    Wer is dis
    Its traveller/gypsy heritage not to have children schooled at a young age. A foreign government CANNOT kidnap children that are from another nationality
    Were and wen did dis happen y did fe take ds poor man and womans children oh god may mind der little girls

Just quickly back to the topic of children being taken away because they can't read - here's a whole post about it.

Oh god, the comments.
    it’s unblevible Al becouse thear not educated

The irony, it burns.

Oh god, the comments.

This one hurts my brain:
    And ffn joke ppl asking why .... because they nothing but kiddie pinches abs appalling

Oh god, the comments.

That's dreadful!!!

Imagine the authorities wanting to make sure that these kids get even the most basics of education, it's akin to a hatecrime I tell ya!!!

From a quick gander at the posts allegedly this happened in Holland* (can't find anything in the news quickly) and if that is the case I can assure you that those parents will have been given every opportunity to come to a different solution than this, most likely completely funded by the Dutch taxpayer.

(Or rather that was what one of the posts there said, so I guess it could just as easily have been Holland, Holland or Holland)

• Advertisement

Oh god, the comments.

There are more illiterate people in that single facebook post than I would have believed existed in the entire country.

It makes my inner grammar Nazi want to launch a blitzkrieg.

It makes my inner grammar Nazi want to launch a blitzkrieg.

Now that's going into my little notebook of swearwords and angry expressions. Thanks!

Im not interfing but bin tru same ting wid me own child an dey said in da end coz da had notin else da snaks i was bringing her was unhealthy an fizzy pop was rottin her teeth i no u just showing da girls der loved please watch dem dogs dont use dis again u god bless hope da girls home soon xxx

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

This woman commenting on one of the video clips actually makes a very valid point...

Maryann Ward

i don’t know for sure but this is what we heard they the children were in the swimming bath and something so minor happened and the police were called then realised the children couldn’t read or right they even contacted England to see if they have had any schooling back here so in there eyes bcos they can’t read it or right it’s neglect if that’s the case nearly every travelling child in the country should be took off us it’s disgusting to be putting them tru this if they were bad parents it wouldn’t happen there children are there life as you can see ����

:confused:

translated :
    I was feeding my child nothing but muck and softdrinks and I couldn't understand or believe that this wasn't a good thing and refused to stop doing so. So in the end in a moved entirely predicated on pure exhaustion and frustration the authorities removed my children because I'm not fit to be a parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Oh god, the comments.

..got eyes cancer reading it, might apply for free laser surgery ;)

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    This woman commenting on one of the video clips actually makes a very valid point...

Maryann Ward

i don’t know for sure but this is what we heard they the children were in the swimming bath and something so minor happened and the police were called then realised the children couldn’t read or right they even contacted England to see if they have had any schooling back here so in there eyes bcos they can’t read it or right it’s neglect if that’s the case nearly every travelling child in the country should be took off us it’s disgusting to be putting them tru this if they were bad parents it wouldn’t happen there children are there life as you can see ����

well.....yes...that's more or less what it boils down to, well done Maryann Ward.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

Have seen quite a lot of cases through my work where parental ability is being brought into question.

The parents involved genuinely, 100% believe that the powers that be are out to get them. I can't even begin to describe some of the justifications that have been given for parents raising their children the way they do and what they think is acceptable. It's infuriating and shocking, especially when it's so obvious to everyone else that for the sake of the child intervention is needed, yet the parents feel they are wrongly being targeted.

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Maryann Ward

One of the kids stole something from the hotel. Minor indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm actually surprised that no bleeding heart has suggested that she be given a job with Penney's as a security consultant.

vonlars wrote: »
    Have seen quite a lot of cases through my work where parental ability is being brought into question.

The parents involved genuinely, 100% believe that the powers that be are out to get them. I can't even begin to describe some of the justifications that have been given for parents raising their children the way they do and what they think is acceptable. It's infuriating and shocking, especially when it's so obvious to everyone else that for the sake of the child intervention is needed, yet the parents feel they are wrongly being targeted.

.....I find this much harder to see, hear and deal with than all the crime to be honest. I can't for the life of me understand how anybody in their right mind could possibly find anything to defend here.

People the world over are literally working themselves into early graves to make sure their children will have it better than they do, yet here's an entire segment of our population that are doing their damnedest to make sure their children will be as miserable as they are.

Makes me sick.

(my OH is a social worker and this is the main reason she won't work in child protection, not they she doesn't want to help, but because it would break her heart.)

• ..got eyes cancer reading it, might apply for free laser surgery ;)

dem pur lital gurls and pur unkle Larry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

And what are they of the want to tar most, bit not all travellers based in their own personal experiences?

That is certainly how it should be, but the word racist gets thrown a lot pretty easily these days.

And if you've only ever had bad experiences with a particular segment of the population (not even just travelers, could be farmers, or Indians or postmen for all I care) it's easy enough to form the opinion they are all like that. I'm not excusing it but I certainly understand it.

And that's why I don't understand why there aren't any positive traveler spokes people out there. That don't try and make right what's wrong by excusing crime, antisocial behaviour, animal welfare issues etc. etc. as part of a time honoured culture.

But just are a positive role model on their own accord, and their own behaviours.

(don't say bleedin John Connors cause i'll never take you seriously again )

i don't really think that positive traveler spokes people are going to be able to do much to change an engrained culture that sees some people treating all travelers badly on the basis of some travelers behaviour. the only way that can be changed is for a time at least, to come down very hard on anyone proven to be involved in discriminating against travelers, and to make it socially unacceptible to target all for the actions of some. i believe it's very very few who have an issue with someone who has genuinley had bad experiences with travelers saying so. most people don't have an issue with it.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭vonlars

.....I find this much harder to see, hear and deal with than all the crime to be honest. I can't for the life of me understand how anybody in their right mind could possibly find anything to defend here.

People the world over are literally working themselves into early graves to make sure their children will have it better than they do, yet here's an entire segment of our population that are doing their damnedest to make sure their children will be as miserable as they are.

Makes me sick.

(my OH is a social worker and this is the main reason she won't work in child protection, not they she doesn't want to help, but because it would break her heart.)

It's a complete mixture between infuriating and heartbreaking.

To see fully grown adults who refuse to recognise an issue with their own behaviour that is so obviously (to everyone else) negatively affecting their child is infuriating. But if you look at it from the other side, that's also how they were raised and all they've ever known.

It's heartbreaking in the fact that you can, from very early on, see the small babies who have no chance to go anywhere in life. It shouldn't be that way.

• Advertisement

I'm actually surprised that no bleeding heart has suggested that she be given a job with Penney's as a security consultant.

why would they suggest that.

(don't say bleedin John Connors cause i'll never take you seriously again )

i don't really think that positive traveler spokes people are going to be able to do much to change an engrained culture that sees some people treating all travelers badly on the basis of some travelers behaviour. the only way that can be changed is for a time at least, to come down very hard on anyone proven to be involved in discriminating against travelers, and to make it socially unacceptible to target all for the actions of some. i believe it's very very few who have an issue with someone who has genuinley had bad experiences with travelers saying so. most people don't have an issue with it.

So all the effort for the betterment of travelers needs to come from the settled community does it?

Tell me when so many people have had nothing but negative experiences and see nothing but negative news, why would you expect them to make that effort?

Do you really not think that positive traveler role models (I note you haven't pointed any out to me) would perhaps create a bit of willingness? Perhaps might make people think 'gee maybe I was wrong'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

why would they suggest that.

Think Catch Me If You Can. Though Margaret Cash is definitely no Frank Abagnale.

My experiences and my families experiences are from all around the country not just one small area which make me question where they get the it's a small minority causing problems. Why is it that such a small ethnic minority of about 30 - 35k can cause so much trouble. Why is Castlerea's prison population made up of over 50% Travellers (2017)
    Put yourself into my position, where you've had family threatened in different area's of the country by a minority. Few years back I was in town went to get into a taxi because I was next in the queue. I open the door and a traveller told me he would put me through the window of Pennys if I didn't let him have the taxi.

It has nothing to do with lack of education, the inability to read or whatever this is who they are. We have the likes of Margaret Cash teaching the next generation how to carry on, this is not going to go away anytime soon unless someone grows a pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Fringe benefits would have to include a 100% friends and family discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Would you live in Rathkeale? Or have a new halting site next to your home, would you hell!!

• jjmcclure wrote: »
    Would you live in Rathkeale? Or have a new halting site next to your home, would you FŪCK!!

FYP

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Would you live in Rathkeale? Or have a new halting site next to your home, would you hell!!

The people who think travellers are hard done by, and who believe they should be supported and helped are like those city-dwellers who enthusiastically support the reintroduction of wolves. They know they won't ever have to come face to face with one in the wild.

The people who think travellers are hard done by, and who believe they should be supported and helped are like those city-dwellers who enthusiastically support the reintroduction of wolves. They know they won't ever have to come face to face with one in the wild.

I think i'd rather meet a wolf.

• Advertisement

• I think i'd rather meet a wolf.

The wolf wouldn’t try sell you stolen clothes or rob you. Well, might rob you of your life but that’s about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement