Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

No, I know for a fact.

I had an accident abroad and no doctor would look at me till I showed my travel insurance policy.

When my non-EU students register with GNIB they can only do so by showing health insurance.

The policy is in place. I'm asking for it to be extended to all not covered by PRSI/HSE etc treatment.

Know what for a fact?

Hang on now, non nationals? or non eu citizens? Which is it you're using awful broad strokes with that tar brush

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

wexie wrote: »
    Know what for a fact?

Hang on now, non nationals? or non eu citizens? Which is it you're using awful broad strokes with that tar brush

Non-EU citizens are covered by the E111/EHIC card or whatever it's called now.

Outside the EU are not. They are treated and pay zilch.

This is not acceptable.

You are desperate to virtue signal how cool you are, you're losing the point of the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

As far as I'm aware, those who arrive via ambulance are triaged in exactly the same manner as those who arrive of their own accord.

For example, if you are stupid enough to call an ambulance for something such as a broken finger, you will NOT be seen to before someone who has say, a fractured hip, who brought themselves to hospital.
    Or someone having a heart attack.
    Arriving by ambulance does not push you to the top of the queue. Patients are assessed by severity, not their means of transport.

Similarly, if a pregnant woman called an ambulance, she wouldn't get to skip any queue for her antenatal appointment.
    If she was rushed to hospital with a suspected epileptic fit (which can induce labor) she'd be seen by the emergency team, which would be an entirely different department to the antenatal department.
    Is it really being suggested that she gets out of the ambulance and just strolls up to the top of the queue to see her midwife for a scan at the antenatal clinic? Really?

I smell bullsh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

This was about twenty years ago, long before the PC brigade tried to gag everyone by ganging up and bullying them on social media.

People now have to watch every word they say and this makes them vote for people like Peter Casey.

The liberals have a lot to answer for.

Belinda knew full well the staff didnt believe her but they couldnt take the chance because of the baby so they sent the ambulance complete with driver and assistant. That ambulance would have been needed for someone genuinely ill but Belinda couldnt care less about that.

The travellers dont care about anyone else either, they want to live in proximity to houses they can steal and shops they can rob so they wont accept halting sites in very isolated rural areas.

That is the only solution to people who want to live in squalor at the side of the road, put them a good distance from everyone else so their behaviour only impacts on them.

I dunno what they did with Belinda after she was wheeled past us. I now the nurse said she pulls this stunt for every appointment so clearly it worked. Maybe she just didnt want to get the Bus to the Rotunda or call a taxi so even if she had to wait in the queue she still got a free ride to the hospital. I didnt see her join the queue though so I assumed she was seen before the rest of us dopes who wouldnt call an ambulance unless we were at deaths door.

tretorn wrote: »
    This was about twenty years ago, long before the PC brigade tried to gag everyone by ganging up and bullying them on social media.

People now have to watch every word they say and this makes them vote for people like Peter Casey.

Belinda knew full well the staff didnt believe her but they couldnt take the chance because of the baby so they sent the ambulance complete with driver and assistant. That ambulance would have been needed for someone genuinely ill but Belinda couldnt care less about that.

The travellers dont care about anyone else either, they want to live in proximity to houses they can steal and shops they can rob so they wont accept halting sites in very isolated rural areas.

That is the only solution to people who want to live in squalor at the side of the road, put them a good distance from everyone else so their behaviour only impacts on them.

Belinda wouldn't get to skip the queue at the antenatal clinic if she calls an ambulance, she would be sent to the emergency fetal department and assessed there.
    This isn't adding up at all.

• Advertisement

You werent there disbelieving Thomas, I was.

Belinda according to the nurse pretended she was having a fit everytime she was due for an ante natal appointment.

She called an ambulance so she could get to the hospital without paying for a bus or taxi.

I dont care what the procedure is now, this is what one Nigerian did twenty years ago.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, those who arrive via ambulance are triaged in exactly the same manner as those who arrive of their own accord.

For example, if you are stupid enough to call an ambulance for something such as a broken finger, you will NOT be seen to before someone who has say, a fractured hip, who brought themselves to hospital.
    Or someone having a heart attack.
    Arriving by ambulance does not push you to the top of the queue. Patients are assessed by severity, not their means of transport.

Similarly, if a pregnant woman called an ambulance, she wouldn't get to skip any queue for her antenatal appointment.
    If she was rushed to hospital with a suspected epileptic fit (which can induce labor) she'd be seen by the emergency team, which would be an entirely different department to the antenatal department.
    Is it really being suggested that she gets out of the ambulance and just strolls up to the top of the queue to see her midwife for a scan at the antenatal clinic? Really?

I smell bullsh*t.

You're sort of both right and wrong - the paramedics go into the hospital and are effectively the triage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I've actually crossed my legs reading that.

Bloody animals. I've been asked by Brit pals sometimes to explain why "Irish twins" are so called.

I try to make my excuses and leave!

You have been asked to explain the origin of a historically derogatory and demeaning comment and you are embarrassed by it. Why?

You have been asked to explain the origin of a historically derogatory and demeaning comment and you are embarrassed by it. Why?

Because it doesn't exactly show our men as the most caring does it ?

We know things are no longer like that but I only last year had a comment abpout an explosion and someone remarked "was that you lot ?"

Brits have long and false memories.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apparently Margaret Cash was born in Lagos. Apparently.

• Advertisement

Belinda according to the nurse pretended she was having a fit everytime she was due for an ante natal appointment.

She called an ambulance so she could get to the hospital without paying for a bus or taxi.

I dont care what the procedure is now, this is what one Nigerian did twenty years ago.

So by that logic you’re suggesting that if I had, say, an appointment in the cardiovascular department, but didn’t feel like queueing for my appointment to see my consultant, I could call and ambulance and say I thought I was having a heart attack and get to skip the queue?
    Instead of being sent to A&E?
    Even 20 years ago? Pull the other one.

Also, if she came via ambulance she’d probaly end up missing her antenatal appointment and would have to come back another day for the necessary bloodwork, paper work, measurements etc to be taken.
    Emergency consultants don’t deal with such matters.
    So if anything it would be more of an inconvenience for our Belinda to have to come back again.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Apparently Margaret Cash was born in Lagos. Apparently.

Nah, ironically she'd never have travelled that far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

e rest of us dopes who wouldnt call an ambulance unless we were at deaths door.

I worked as a nurse 20 years ago and before it and believe me no nurse should have broken patient confidentiality like that .Not one I know would have gossiped about a patient to a random other patient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Because it doesn't exactly show our men as the most caring does it ?

We know things are no longer like that but I only last year had a comment abpout an explosion and someone remarked "was that you lot ?"

Brits have long and false memories.

It doesn't show anything about "our men". :confused::confused:
    It show up those people who would use such terms and believe them as culturally relevant anymore or even ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A few mins ago you said it was to skip the que, now you’re saying it’s a free lift she wanted. I’ve never had that much information about someone who was wheeled past me in a waiting room and to be honest you don’t strike me as the kind of person interested in the well being of any Nigerian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Non-EU citizens are covered by the E111/EHIC card or whatever it's called now.

Outside the EU are not. They are treated and pay zilch.

This is not acceptable.

You are desperate to virtue signal how cool you are, you're losing the point of the issue.

Not virtue signaling in the least, just trying to point out to you that 'non-national' is casting a pretty wide net as it includes anybody not currently in possession of an Irish passport. (and, in my experience, also those in possession of an Irish passport but not in possession of the right skin colour).

The PC nurses probably wouldnt but this one did.

The black woman was moaning away on the stretcher so naturally enough you would be concerned, this is par for the course. Nigerian dont queue for anything, thats their culture.

A friend delivered her baby in the maternity hospital in Drogheda. The proud traveller Daddy tried to conceive his next child the night the new one was delivered. He got into the hospital bed with his wife and tried to have sex with her. Those traveller women must be all incontinent by the time they are thirty, they are hardly back from the welfare office with the new buggy when they are pregnant again. I wish some journalist or Radio host would ask them why they cant use contraceptives, is it a religious thing. Its not as if the general taxpayer would mind paying a few more euro if it meant contraceptives were delivered by the truckload to the travellers.

The non PC staff threw him out.

Shur, if a mare can be impregnated soon after birth, why can’t wimmin?

• iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I worked as a nurse 20 years ago and before it and believe me no nurse should have broken patient confidentiality like that .Not one I know would have gossiped about a patient to a random other patient

Well, that’s because what they’re saying is bull****. This never happened & they’re creating some fantasy by where a Nigerian woman rang ambulances pretending to have medical issues for a free ride. Or sorry to jump the cue. Wait which one was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why are yee all feeding the trolls that are trying to get this thread shut with all their crap.

Ignore and move on.

This is about cash, it's not about others having babies or buggies etc.

She gets everything she has ever needed but the guberment is robbing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

For those praising the wonderfulness of the British system:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/27/universal-credit-fuels-homeless-crisis
    (UK) Government welfare reforms are fuelling a rise in homelessness in towns and cities across the country, an Observer investigation has found.

Interviews with homelessness charities across England reveal a support system in crisis as the rollout of universal credit and freezes to local housing allowance rates put even basic accommodation beyond the means of many. One shelter said universal credit was a factor in a third of its clients ending up in its care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Rechuchote wrote: »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/27/universal-credit-fuels-homeless-crisis

Ah well.

Maybe people will wake up that everyone has to work hard in life.

Might take a generation to sink in but so be it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The British system is about to get a whole lot worse with the new universal credit system. It likely won't be completed until 2023, ten years after the original legislation was passed and has been implemented so poorly that it is hurting the people it is supposed to help.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Ah well.

Maybe people will wake up that everyone has to work hard in life.

Might take a generation to sink in but so be it.

We have 5% unemployment, which is to say by accepted standards, we have full employment. Don't know who you're hatin' on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

We have 5% unemployment, which is to say by accepted standards, we have full employment. Don't know who you're hatin' on.

Eh that 5% for a start.

For the last time, the black very pregnant woman was stretchered moaning loudly past a queue of pregnant women. The nurse said, dont worry about her, she calls an smbulance and pretends to be having a fit. No one knows why she did this, it could be so she didnt have to get the bus from phibsborough or wherever she lived or maybe she didnt want to sit at best or stand in a queue like the rest of us.
    I couldnt careless about theories about patient confidentiality, thats just something nurses are required to sign.
    I know lots of nurses who gossip about patients and teachers who complain about difficult children, some even name thesechilldren and their conditions, teachers have also told me they give grinds to these children, so much for confidentiality. I suppose a teacher will come on now and pretend this sainted profession would never divulge information. One teacher said she gave grinds to a named judges children and she said the children were thick as bricks.
    To gossip is to be human.
    Anyway, back to Mrs Cash now, no more wandering off topic.

I couldnt careless about theories about patient confidentiality, thats just something nurses are required to sign.

It will be interesting to see what the court has to say about that when a nurse produces it in her defence.

I dont understand your post recuchote.
    And no shoesdaychild. I dont care about undocumented migrants, I want our immigration staff to send them home.
    We are stuck with our own welfare spongers, nothing we can do about them but I for one want North Africa to know the only route to this country is the legal one.
    Is it okay to express this opinion here.

Did Margaret Cash get a council house in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

I wonder does she have any awareness of the fact that she probably contributed to Peter Caseys substantial vote.....

• Advertisement

• omega man wrote: »
    I wonder does she have any awareness of the fact that she probably contributed to Peter Caseys substantial vote.....

She doesn’t seem to have any awareness of anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

She doesn’t seem to have any awareness of anything.

Ah come on that's unfair. She's fully aware of how to collect her welfare cheques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,272 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ah come on that's unfair. She's fully aware of how to collect her welfare cheques.

Now now now, that's uncalled for.

I'd say it gets paid into her bank account.

If she was was given it by cheque anyway she'd just cross out the "Margaret" part I'd say :pac: So Master tax avoider PC told me anyways. He knows ALL the tricks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

She gets all her Cheques made out to cash.

For the last time, the black very pregnant woman was stretchered moaning loudly past a queue of pregnant women. The nurse said, dont worry about her, she calls an smbulance and pretends to be having a fit. No one knows why she did this, it could be so she didnt have to get the bus from phibsborough or wherever she lived or maybe she didnt want to sit at best or stand in a queue like the rest of us.
    I know lots of nurses who gossip about patients and teachers who complain about difficult children, some even name thesechilldren and their conditions, teachers have also told me they give grinds to these children, so much for confidentiality. I suppose a teacher will come on now and pretend this sainted profession would never divulge information. One teacher said she gave grinds to a named judges children and she said the children were thick as bricks.
    To gossip is to be human.
    Anyway, back to Mrs Cash now, no more wandering off topic.

Sorry but your story doesn’t add up.
    Taking out the confidentiality issue, she still wouldn’t get to skip any queues just because she arrived via ambulance.
    If she arrived via ambulance with a suspected fit the medical staff wouldn’t even care that she has an antenatal appointment, getting her to that appointment wouldn’t be a concern.
    Their concern would be treating her for the fit, not carting her to the top of the midwife queue to fill out a family history questionnaire and having a routine few blood tests.

Sounds like you made that story up to make a point tbh. Which weakens your whole argument completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

If I'm keeping track, I think Ms. Cash has racked up 39 criminal convictions and added seven new welfare dependents to the Irish state -- and she's still a darling of the media, collecting €50k in welfare, and enjoying her new free house in an area of her choosing.

Obeying the law and acting responsibly gets you nowhere in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

If I'm keeping track, I think Ms. Cash has racked up 39 criminal convictions and added seven new welfare dependents to the Irish state -- and she's still a darling of the media, collecting €50k in welfare, and enjoying her new free house in an area of her choosing.

Obeying the law and acting responsibly gets you nowhere in Ireland.

Well she never said she was an angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

AllForIt wrote: »

She also said the government give us (her) nothing if recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

omega man wrote: »
    She also said the government give us (her) nothing if recall.
    What does a person need to earn to take home 50k?

75k? Good work if you can get it.

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Sorry but your story doesn’t add up.
    Taking out the confidentiality issue, she still wouldn’t get to skip any queues just because she arrived via ambulance.
    If she arrived via ambulance with a suspected fit the medical staff wouldn’t even care that she has an antenatal appointment, getting her to that appointment wouldn’t be a concern.
    Their concern would be treating her for the fit, not carting her to the top of the midwife queue to fill out a family history questionnaire and having a routine few blood tests.

Sounds like you made that story up to make a point tbh. Which weakens your whole argument completely.

Utterly pointless replying to you.

Do you realise that people call ambulances to take elderly people to A and E and then once elderly person gets a bed thrn relatives leave them there so they dont have to psy nursing home fees.

There are hundreds of people like this black pregnant woman abusing the public health service. You need to have a chat with some non PC hospital staff, Peter Caseys bravery might encourage some staff to explain what is going on in the health service. Something is badly wrong and not facing issues because its not PC isnt helpful.

Utterly pointless replying to you.

Do you realise that people call ambulances to take elderly people to A and E and then once elderly person gets a bed thrn relatives leave them there so they dont have to psy nursing home fees.

There are hundreds of people like this black pregnant woman abusing the public health service. You need to have a chat with some non PC hospital staff, Peter Caseys bravery might encourage some staff to explain what is going on in the health service. Something is badly wrong and not facing issues because its not PC isnt helpful.

And you do realise hospital staff are not stupid and have these ambulance riders sussed . A pregnant woman who persistently calls and ambulance to get top of the queue in a clinic ? Rubbish . She would be assessed by tge emergency team and sent home not to the first seat top of queue in the pre natal clinic . It doesn't add up at all
    And yes nurses and teacher gossip to each other and maybe to friends but very unlikely to a random out patient who they don't know from adam

• Advertisement

Ok rubbish, whatever.

Keep on telling yourself that.

If an ambulance is called and a heavily pregnant woman says she is about to have an epileptic fit you want me to believe an ambulance dispatcher is going to take it on themselves to call pregnant non national a liar. The black lady would be onto the migrants council and then to her free legal aid solicitor within ten seconds, “ Lord, they is discriminatin against me” lol

That is never going to happen and scam artists know it.

Ok rubbish, whatever.

If an ambulance is called and a heavily pregnant woman says she is about to have an epileptic fit you want me to believe an ambulance dispatcher is going to take it on themselves to call pregnant non national a liar. The black lady would be onto the migrants council and then to her free legal aid solicitor within ten seconds, “ Lord, they is discriminatin against me” lol

Who mentioned anything about the ambulance driver or dispatcher ?
    You said she was brought by ambulance so she could skip the queue in the outpatient clinic . Thats bull actually as numerous posters have pointed out it quite simply makes no sense whatsoever

PS . An " emergency team " in this instance is not an ambulance dispatcher . Its the on call obstetric team for emergencies in the hospital or arriving to the hospital

Ok rubbish, whatever.

This fable is 20 years old thus not a reflection on society or procedure nowadays, if it ever was.

AllForIt wrote: »

She did say she was a victim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ok rubbish, whatever.

Someone who is being assessed for an epileptic fit is not going to be brought to the top of the queue for a maternity consultation. Once she was deemed not a risk, she would have been released, not wheeled in for her appointment. This story did not happen. It's possible the nurse was trolling you but that's about it.

Ok rubbish, whatever.

They wouldn’t call her a liar, they would rush her to the emergency fetal department and she would be asssessed and treated there.
    Her antenatal appointment would be of no concern, they would not just drop her off at the outpatient clinic while she’s having a suspected fit.

Your line of thinking makes no sense.
    As I already pointed out, by your logic if I didn’t want to queue for my cardiovascular outpatient appointment, I’d get to skip the queue if I called an ambulance saying I was having a heart attack.
    It doesn’t work like that.
    I’d be brought to a&e and the appointment would not be a priority, as would be the same for the ‘Belinda’ in your story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ok rubbish, whatever.

You are giving racists a bad name by coming out with this tripe.

I dont know where the A and E department is in the Rotuna, would it even have one.
    Belinda was wheeled past us fools who wouldnt call an ambulance unless we are dying. I dont know where she went but suspect she got an immediate appointment. They werent rushing anywhere with the stretcher, all the staff knew the charade.

She probably had form in screaming and ranting about her rights, think Margaret Cash and it would have taken four average sized security guards to throw her out onto Parnell Square.
    Easier just to play along with the nonsense and moan about it to me.

Oh give over with the racist nonsense, we are all bored to death with your patronising guff and ism nonsense, didnt you see how many votes Peter got.

I have epilepsy and let me tell you, if I have a fit and I needed an ambulance, they bring you in to a+e, not wander around outpatients with me.

I have epilepsy and let me tell you, if I have a fit and I needed an ambulance, they bring you in to a+e, not wander around outpatients with me.

Or plonk you on the first chair first in the queue in a full busy OPD !!'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement