Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Once you take a house I'm not sure if you can move.
    Where was the 3 bedroom house, I don't think it was near her mother grave.
    Being near her mothers gave is her main concern when accepting a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Yeah she will more than likely get at least a 4 bed house forever at greater cost to the country

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

tuxy wrote: »

I lost my own sainted mother 26 years ago so I get her loss believe me, but jaysus if we're starting to allocate social housing on that crap level - I quit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

So I can buy a house, let’s say a 2 bed. I will have 5 children. Is it then the councils/states responsibility to add additional rooms to my home?

No, it's not.

This is another area where beneficiaries of social housing have far more rights and entitlements than private buyers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You can ask for a move if the property is no longer suitable. But you mention the real reason why it was rejected. The property was not in the area she wanted.

• Advertisement

Yeah it has to be a home forever is Tallaght

Lot of ordinary people don't get to choose where they live, they go to where they can afford

Never worked a day in her life but yet is allowed to be as choosey as fcuk

Horrible system

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Lot of ordinary people don't get to choose where they live, they go to where they can afford

Horrible system

Great country

Tomorrow the welfare xmas bonus is issued

And today its been announced that working folk wont get their childcare subsidy but people on social welfare who dont work and dont need childcare will

Mad oul country

Horrible system

Blackrock is a 20 min DART ride from my work - I'd love to demand to live there!

Sadly I work for a living so commuting from the Midlands it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Let’s face it ... we will just have to create another USC type tax on those working to pay for larger houses for travellers and also stables etc if needed ...travellers are taking up a large part of the country’s welfare bill so its best to have all traveller costs under one umbrella . A tax of 3-5% on all PAYE workers would ensure all travellers and their horses are housed in top conditions and also welfare could be dropped out to those same houses each week by some fools working and paying his way in life from this new traveller welfare/housing department .

It's mad some of the spurious excuses from people in all walks of life to rejecting social housing

Woman turns down council house overlooking Cork harbour because she'll get seasick
    Other housing list applicants reject homes because there's no room for trampolines

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/woman-turns-down-council-house-7792900

In the UK if you reject a house/apartment etc for reasons that the council do not believe stack up, then they deem that you have made yourself homeless and you need to sort accommodation for yourself after that

People aren't long taking the offer in those circumstances

• Advertisement

Blackrock is a 20 min DART ride from my work - I'd love to demand to live there!

Sadly I work for a living so commuting from the Midlands it is.

Beggars can't be chooser only seems to apply to working people

The state should phase out SW support for >4 children.

If you want to have more than 4, you pay for them yourself.

That should make sense as working people have to think can they afford another child

Queue those who will say 'somebody please think of the children' and that you are only hurting them

Still something will have to change or else the incentive to have more kids for more welfare/bigger house etc will always be there

Well, Travellers are really milking the system when it comes to kids -- at least if you take a short-term view.

The average Traveller woman in her 40s today has 5 or more kids, whereas only one in 20 settled women in the same age group has 5+ kids.

It doesn't make sense for a Traveller to bother trying to find work. Even on a wage of 16 euro an hour, with five kids and a wife back at the halting site, he'd still be better off on SW.

Taking a long-term view, though, the current system is only keeping Travellers in a poverty trap. And it will keep their kids in the same trap.

Travellers will still have the same number of kids and increase criminal activity to support it.

Travellers will still have the same number of kids and increase criminal activity to support it.

And there it is.

The usual nonsense about how we should basically suck it up cos sure they'll only rob us anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I lost my own sainted mother 26 years ago so I get her loss believe me, but jaysus if we're starting to allocate social housing on that crap level - I quit!!!
    I buried both parents and if I had a rake of kids and nowhere to live and told the council no soz hun can’t take that house it’s not near enough to my mother/fathers grave, they would both probably haunt me for the rest of my life to protect me from my own stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

The more I read about this and other cases, the more I wonder what the fûck we need these people for? What purpose do travellers and wasters serve? Why are we supporting and enabling them?
    I’m all for helping those who can’t help themselves, but what about those who won’t help themselves? Why should my children have less so theirs can have more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'm not sure what the exact rule is in Ireland -- but in the UK a home is defined as overcrowded under law if two people who are of a different sex and aged 10 or older have to sleep in the same room.

Cash's daughter recently made her First Communion, so I'd guess she's around 8 or 9. The oldest child is 11.

This means the girl is getting to the age where it's no longer seen as appropriate for her to be sharing a room with her brothers. And it would probably also be overcrowding to have the six brothers crammed into one bedroom.

I appreciate the spirit of your points, but there are a host of legal reasons why it would be a bad idea to put the Cash family in a 3-bed.

There’s a big “and” in there. Is mother and daughter share the same room, boys in the other two rooms, then it’s not overcrowded.

Odelay wrote: »
    There’s a bid “and” in there. Is mother and daughter share the same room, boys in the other two rooms, then it’s not overcrowded.
    And convert the sitting room into another bedroom

• Advertisement

And convert the sitting room into another bedroom

But where will she have her candlelight suppers ??? :D:D:D:D

But where will she have her candlelight suppers ??? :D:D:D:D
    At her sister violets. She has a swimming pool and room for a pony

There’s a bid “and” in there. Is mother and daughter share the same room, boys in the other two rooms, then it’s not overcrowded.

Unless Mr Cash is in bed with the mother, in which case it wouldn't be appropriate to have the daughter in there as well.

Good thing she is a 'single' mother

Poor Johnny is still in the dog house

"THIS IS MY SONG TO MY LOVELY HUBBY JOHNNY I HOPE YOU LIKE IT"

John Wing I Hope You Die

Unless Mr Cash is in bed with the mother, in which case it wouldn't be appropriate to have the daughter in there as well.

is he not in prison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

They’ve spent enough time in bed together the evidence shows.
    Mr Cash can sleep with the boys. Where there is a will there is a way.

is he not in prison?

It was reported in August that he was released on bail and back living with her.

Not sure what has happened since, tbh.

is he not in prison?

AFAIK I know he is out but not living with the family after doing the dirt on poor old margaret

Homeless Mum Margaret Cash reveals husband John McCarthy no longer living with family in Drumcondra B&B
    John McCarthy had rejoined the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-reveals-15132047

460652.png

Then again it's entirely possible he is still around just that it's an easier sell for Margaret as a 'single' mother

AFAIK I know he is out but not living with the family after doing the dirt on poor old margaret

Homeless Mum Margaret Cash reveals husband John McCarthy no longer living with family in Drumcondra B&B
    John McCarthy had rejoined the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-reveals-15132047

460652.png

Then again it's entirely possible he is still around just that it's an easier sell for Margaret as a 'single' mother

you mean he has probably has more kids that the cant pay for?

• Advertisement

They’ve spent enough time in bed together the evidence shows.
    Mr Cash can sleep with the boys. Where there is a will there is a way.

As I said, I appreciate the sentiments here ... but think of this from the perspective of the council, which is charged with finding suitable accommodation for this family.

If they try to give them a 3-bedroom house, Margaret Cash will say a 3-bed isn't suitable for a family of two parents, six sons, and a daughter. Either the parents don't have their own room, the daughter is sharing a room with her brothers, or you have six boys in one bedroom. Either way she can argue that it's not adequate for her family's needs.

The only logical end point is that she gets a 4- or even 5-bedroom house.

Remember too that she is just 28. She could easily have another 7 children who have to be housed and raised.

I'm not saying that any of this is ethically right -- but this is the position we are in, regardless. Travellers with large families have the taxpayer over a barrel when it comes to housing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

460652.png

The best thing for the country would be if that man was spayed.

How come he's McCarthy and she's Cash?

Also, he's 33, so 5 years older than her.

That implies he was 20 when he married a 15-year-old. Classy.

well she is Mrs McCarthy but yet he is described as her partner not her husband

Name change was handy when using the 'single' homeless mother of seven angle

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

Funny they 'overholded' on this property in 2015

That surely must go against them when they were 'looking' for private rented accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

460652.png

The last sentence is certainly true anyway.

'...I never needed him anyhow.'

Course you didn't, with f***ing eejits like us subsidising you.

The last sentence is certainly true anyway.

'...I never needed him anyhow.'

Course you didn't, with f***ing eejits like us subsidising you.
    He didn’t even buy a sock for his childer
    Ya hun neither did you

• Advertisement

He didn’t even buy a sock for his childer
    Ya hun neither did you

Ha true lol

"I never said I was a saint or anything, far from it.
    “None of this has to do with the homeless crisis.
    “I feel like I’m being attacked for highlighting the homeless crisis. It’s all about me shoplifting, they are looking for the bad.
    “The clothes were for the kids. I feel like I am being targeted. It is letting the Government off the hook.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

Sure she stole to put clothes on the childrens backs Any mother would do the same lol

Danged gubberment and taxpayers not giving her enough money

Ha true lol

"I never said I was a saint or anything, far from it.
    “None of this has to do with the homeless crisis.
    “I feel like I’m being attacked for highlighting the homeless crisis. It’s all about me shoplifting, they are looking for the bad.
    “The clothes were for the kids. I feel like I am being targeted. It is letting the Government off the hook.”

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3274135/margaret-cash-saint-avoiding-jail-penneys/

Sure she stole to put clothes on the childrens backs Any mother would do the same lol

Danged gubberment and taxpayers not giving her enough money

She's a card isn't she ? Money coming in that a salaried person would need to earn 84k a year for and she's being "robbed".

You could not make it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

she must have been at least 16, which was legal in NI up until recently

goose2005 wrote: »
    she must have been at least 16, which was legal in NI up until recently

It still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Some "culture" eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

460652.png

Jesus Christ Chimpanzees can be thought how to use sign language.
    Koko the Gorilla who died this year could sign.

Koko has been filmed delivering a message to the humans of the world, encouraging them to become more conscious of their responsibility to protect the planet.

Now look at the fooken mess above gibberish does not even begin to cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How is that surprising?

The overwhelming majority of both the political and media class espouses a left wing redistributive philosophy where those who don't work can and should have what the tax paying stiffs make do with.

Which 'left wing' government was that?

Jesus Christ Chimpanzees can be thought how to use sign language.
    Koko the Gorilla who died this year could sign.

Koko has been filmed delivering a message to the humans of the world, encouraging them to become more conscious of their responsibility to protect the planet.

Now look at the fooken mess above gibberish does not even begin to cover it.

Leaving school at the end of primary school doesn't help

Which 'left wing' government was that?

All of them. Every last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Leaving school at 12 doesn't help

Koko did not even go to school.

koko-reading-a-book.jpg

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    People who have never worked a day in their lives get stuck in the mindset that the gubberment is a branch of the illuminati with an orchard of money trees that they want to keep for themselves. It's the working and middle class who are stuck in the reality of taxes, bills and family planning who have to suck it up.

I know a number of tax payers, myself included, who believe the government, gubmint or whom ever are only in if for themselves and line the pockets of friends and backers with the public coming a poor second or third. You don't need to be on the make or a criminal to have that view, but I suppose it's easier to dismiss the opinions of such folk.
    All the whinging and bitching comes from FF/FG policies. Enjoy voting FF/FG and whinging after the next election with more of the same and on and on...

All of them. Every last one.

You are complaining about FF/FG policy and blaming politicians and parties that were never in government.
    You can follow up with, 'sure they'd be worse' and they might very well be, but get your whinging aimed at the right people.

You are complaining about FF/FG policy and blaming politicians and parties that were never in government.
    You can follow up with, 'sure they'd be worse' and they might very well be, but get your whinging aimed at the right people.

I am ? Care to post where I did that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Some "culture" eh?

There's more beneficial culture in a yoghurt.

Leaving school at the end of primary school doesn't help

What did you expect her to do?
    As she explained secondary school forces you down the route of drink and drugs.
    She will have to remove her cilders from school when they reach 12 years old, it's an awful predicament to be in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement