Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Anyone watching RTE1?
    Aye, squatters in Sligo town on now.
    Lets hear about the free houses they've turned down because of a feud with the Wards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

See all the robbed slates up against the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Have they every heard of contraception ffs. Scourge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

"Inflamatory combination" preventing them from housing certain families near each other, well fook right off. A peace wall going to be built between them, is this real or a fooking spoof?

All those semi-wrecked houses on the Ward site in Glenveigh....who destroyed them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

jay0109 wrote: »
    All those semi-wrecked houses on the Ward site in Glenveigh....who destroyed them?

I presume it was the Amish.

M

Could they instead of building a wall build a boxing ring between them and they could have PPV fights of a friday night to earn a few bob?

omega man wrote: »
    Have they every heard of contraception ffs. Scourge.

Tis a sin. Like stealing, coveting your neighbors wife/husband, not honoring ones parents, keeping holy the sabbath day, .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

"Inflamatory combination" preventing them from housing certain families near each other, well fook right off. A peace wall going to be built between them, is this real or a fooking spoof?

48 grand for the wall... Someone's making an absolute killing on that, probably 5grand worth of materials.

It's this one-sided type of crap on national TV that makes settled people even angrier and more determined to keep Travellers as far out of reach as possible.
    Start asking them the hard questions, start making them responsible for their actions.

• Advertisement
    M

It would be priceless if some poor foreign tourist pulled in with his caravan thinking it was a caravan park...
    https://www.google.com/maps/@54.2736246,-8.4719956,3a,75y,194.34h,74.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqqJgrC4h4ZsT9WerYRAXkA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Some expensive caravans.

M

It's this one-sided type of crap on national TV that makes settled people even angrier and more determined to keep Travellers as far out of reach as possible.
    Start asking them the hard questions, start making them responsible for their actions.

You can be sure tomorrow there will be zero discussion at all about this on any RTE media, hopefully Niall Boylan brings up the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They have only found decent hardworking travellers that don't want to cause anyone any hassle...

See how many of them rocked on into your man's property? FFS! Sick of this RTE 'poor traveller loving' style programs too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

You can be sure tomorrow there will be zero discussion at all about this on any RTE media, hopefully Niall Boylan brings up the topic.

What station & time is Boylan on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

What station & time is Boylan on?

Classic Hits at 12pm

M

What's the story with ear rings on a baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What's the story with ear rings on a baby?

Culture

• Advertisement

What a set up with the calls. Fcuk off RTÉ.

What a set up with the calls. Fcuk off RTÉ.

This is scandalous!!

M

What a set up with the calls. Fcuk off RT

He might think women have no cash, why didn't they have 2 women calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Seriously RTE? You are a joke at this stage.

Quiet the opposite. Pat Kenny, Sean O'Rourke etc will all cover this from the aspect of the lack of Traveller accomm being a national scandal.
    There'll be some semi-educated (degrees in some form of social studies courses with post-doc's from Trinners) vastly overpaid Sth Dubs on from NGO's calling for new laws, citing UN declarations etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

This is slightly off topic its just from an article i read

It said there is over 10k people homeless
    And over 70k on HAP
    Both growing by the week

And then there is the private renters who get no help at all . Prob around 50k of them
    Will these people on HAP still be on it when they are retired ?

Its going to be one big sh!tshow in around 20 years. We think the crisis is bad now

And Ms Cash is responsible for this ****show how?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

At present birth levels how can we keep paying travellers all this welfare .. a family of ten gets 70-80,000 in benefits on our uncapped benefits system ... and those working can’t afford to have children ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It is often settled people going onto Ward sites in Glenveigh and destroying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The council wouldn't give us this and the council wouldn't give us that. We had to keep moving on. The hint is in the name.....traveller.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It is often settled people going onto Ward sites in Glenveigh and destroying them.

I'd say it is alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Give me, give me, give me, I need, I want, I'm entitled to.

• Advertisement
    M

If you want a certain hobby lifestyle you should fund it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Omackeral wrote: »
    They're bad, but nowhere near as bad as the Amish.

RTÉ have lost the plot. Where’s the balanced, reasoned and fact based discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Boo fückin hoo. All I'm seeing here is, at the worst, travellers being treated the same as everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would love to get a campervan, travel around and get paid €198 a week with free facilities.

Keep living the dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They're bad, but nowhere near as bad as the Amish.

In fairness, they're about the same.

M

It's like a place hit by airstrikes in Syria.

Family compatibility?? Are they actually serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So RTÉ are asking question on why more halting sites have not been built then 5 minutes later show that travellers burn out many halting sites.
    Yet don't connect the two things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

#RTEInvestigates how to blame everyone else for Travellers' problems, except the Travellers themselves.

• Advertisement
    M

Are those 6 stunning houses in Tipperary built for travellers still lying empty because they don't have stables attached?

Threatening the council with risk of violence and damage. Get fcuked.

State of the fecking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Family compatibility?? Are they actually serious?

Absolutely crazy.

Development of Glenview halting site is in jeopardy because two families can't be civilised to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Do you lose your ethnic status if you don’t have a baby?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This programme is a load of BS RTÉ need to catch themselves on... We don't like that traveller family we don't want to live beside them we want our own site... P#ss away off then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

digzy wrote: »
    Do you lose your ethnic status if you don’t have a baby?

Nobody knows, its never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Parts of this programme in RTE beggar belief. It's like a parallel moral universe. The blame is actually being laid at the door of a local authority for inisisting on providing much needed housing to feuding traveler families near each other.

I was brought up in a council house. Trying to imagine my parents going to the council and saying, we can't take this house because everybody in the cul de sac won't be able to stop themselves from burning each other out or killing each other.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Absolutely crazy.

Development of Glenview halting site is in jeopardy because two families can't be civilised to each other.

Wow, I'm in deepest Tipperary and family fueds run through generations but they all live beside each other. They just ignore each other!!
    Can they just not do that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

tuxy wrote: »
    So RTÉ are asking question on why more halting sites have not been built then 5 minutes later show that travellers burn out many halting sites.
    Yet don't connect the two things.

They're leaving that to the hamster in your own wheel to figure out. If they blatantly did i, they'd be accused of bias the other way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement