Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Wow, I'm in deepest Tipperary and family fueds run through generations but they all live beside each other. They just ignore each other!!
    Can they just not do that??

I thought they just ran each other through, with the fork blades of teleporters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

They are like an infestation too. They never appear in ones or two. It's an infestation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I thought they just ran each other through, with the fork blades of teleporters?

Nah, that's Kerry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Actually complaining that there is a train station beside them. People actually pay to live closer to a train station :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The environmental impact is disgusting, why the hell are there zero consequences!?!

Oh here come those lovely houses, without stables...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lol the 6 houses still sitting idle, you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

This rte programme has cemented my decision to never pay the TV licence again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh sh*t this is a crossover with the Peter Casey thread!!!!!

They edited out the horse statement from Peter Casey. This is fake news.

gmisk wrote: »
    The environmental impact is disgusting, why the hell are there zero consequences!?!

Oh here come those lovely houses, without stables...

What the hell is that about anyway? Why do they have to be so bloody filthy.

• Advertisement

This is an absolutely disgraceful programme from RTÉ, there is zero balance in it, one side being represented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

seligehgit wrote: »
    Absolutely crazy.

Development of Glenview halting site is in jeopardy because two families can't be civilised to each other.

Trying to get my head around it.

Somebody earnestly saying they'll have to move out and live on the road if they're housed near a certain family and everybody from the pressure groups to the interviewer accepting this as an inalienable fact of life rather than pointing out that you could try, you know, just not burning out your neighbours or killing them because you don't get on with them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My caravan doesn't have Sky Q, it's a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

What on earth has any of this got to do with Margaret Cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Azatadine wrote: »

Culture!

Azatadine wrote: »
    I'm guessing some get money for removing rubbish then illegally dump and burn it?!?
    Honestly no fecking idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

BBFAN wrote: »
    Culture, boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's about social welfare issues and travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Generic Traveller-bashing thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Those caravans are worth 30-40k each

• Advertisement

This is an absolutely disgraceful programme from RT there is zero balance in it, one side being represented.

I'll tell you one thing, they're getting some mileage out of that drone they recently acquired.

Again? What has any of this got do with Ms Cash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Tis very stressful though.

Exactly, now you said it.

Not that I have any time for this particular lady but seriously get a grip people.

If travellers don't want to live next door to each other, why should we?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Traveller entitlement culture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Travellers gettin free sh1t?

Travellers being deemed homeless because of excessive demands, feuds and anti social behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Wow, I'm in deepest Tipperary and family fueds run through generations but they all live beside each other. They just ignore each other!!
    Can they just not do that??

Sure there's no Craic in that.... ye need to start making youuu tube vidias calling each other out!

• Advertisement

So people admit it's general traveller bashing then?

If travellers don't want to live next door to each other, why should we?
    Post of the thread and it would be wonderful if someone asked them that. Obviously RTE won't because they are too spineless.

Traveller hugger alert!

Well the show was about Travellers and a major part of it was about homelessness too.

If that programme was supposed to paint travellers in a positive light it failed.

Littering sites, refusing houses because they’d be forced to fight the neighbours. Refusing houses because there’s no fields for the horses (while living in caravans across the road).

In summary

We want purpose built sites!!!!

No we want purpose built sites but not beside families we don't like!

No we want purpose built houses.... With stables!

Our caravans are too cold... And dark... Its the government's fault!!

It's all the gubernment and councillors fault!!! Give us give us give us... We are being robbed!!!

Vomit inducing PC RTÉ guff.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well the show was about Travellers and a major part of it was about homelessness too.

Maybe, but it wasn't about Margaret Cash was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Traveller bashing? Are you for real? Did you watch any of the show??
    Did you see them trespassing on people’s land? Did you see the dirt they left in their wake for everyone else to clean up? Do you see the clear disregard for civilized society?

Maybe, but it wasn't about Margaret Cash was it?

It highlights the issues she's been very vocal about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mary from Mayo

Christmas this year has to be the worst, my children lost their dad two years ago. I have since taken up work part time to try and help with bills and everything. Nothing seams to work out.

My son who has special needs,(visually impaired) intellectual disability also. He doesn't understand mum can't get what he needs or wants, which is breaking my heart. My daughter understands but I can see her hurting as she seldom asks for anything. The Christmas list is the killer for me.

I've never felt so bad, I've gotten help in the form of food voucher which I'm grateful for. I just wish for a miracle at this stage. But hey I'm alive there's people out there a lot worse off. Sorry for the long rant

Nope. It's not general. It's specifically people who demand free houses/halting sites, don't take care of them/expect to be housed specifically if they can't get on with neighbours. If any other section of Irish society were behaving like this, they would be called out the same, so it's not specific to Travellers. It just so happens that this refers to Travellers. Anyone who behaved like this would be "bashed". Refer to all the social welfare threads which crop up on AH on a regular basis which would be "settled" based/bashed.

• Advertisement

Traveller bashing? Are you for real? Did you watch any of the show??
    Did you see them trespassing on people’s land? Did you see the dirt they left in their wake for everyone else to clean up? Do you see the clear disregard for civilized society?

Do you need to take a deep breath perhaps? I'm asking what has this all got to do with Ms Cash?

Not even the travellers themselves accused the settled people of dumping the rubbish on their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Do you need to take a deep breath perhaps? I'm asking what has this all got to do with Ms Cash?

Yeah, it has been answered many times already

Do you need to rub your eyes perhaps? That's already been answered for you. The programme dealt with Travellers facing homelessness, something Margaret Cash has been very vocal on. It's relevant to the thread.

Why do you think it has nothing to do with her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Everything to do with her culture her sense of entitlement and goes a way to explain why she thinks we all owe her something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Exactly, now you said it.

Not that I have any time for this particular lady but seriously get a grip people.
    Why are you in denial of the serious issues that are being raised? So what if it's not left-wing to admit to their reality - you don't have to be religious to one political position to the point of disregarding facts. That goes for people who rigidly stick to the right or the left.

Margaret Cash is a traveller who has behaved similarly to what has people frustrated on this thread. I don't know, it's an existing thread that was just bumped - maybe get a moderator to change the thread title. It's hardly not related though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

In summary

We want purpose built sites!!!!

No we want purpose built sites but not beside families we don't like!

No we want purpose built houses.... With stables!

Our caravans are too cold... And dark... Its the government's fault!!

It's all the gubernment and councillors fault!!! Give us give us give us... We are being robbed!!!

Vomit inducing PC RTÉ guff.

Their song and dance performance of being a pathetic infantile shower of b@stards plays well in the gated community's of east coast Dublin

Their song and dance performance of being a pathetic infantile shower of b@stards plays well in the gated community's of east coast Dublin
    I honestly am not too sure about that anymore, I think people's attitudes have changed.
    I think the vast majority of people who watched that programme wouldn't buy that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

So, we had a group of people who protested about a traveller clan being housed beside them. Rightly so. There is a very real risk of violence and crime. But the complainants are also travellers, so they are allowed to object. If anyone else objected along those lines, they would be labelled bigots.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement