Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No. I'm not a police of anything. Just highlighting the clown like foolishness of a taxpayer leech apologist.

strange that because i haven't saw any such on the thread.
    Yourself and EOTR are a joke.

how so? because we can both recognise the issues in the traveling community, condemn such where those issues are wrong and want them solved, yet not engage in denigration, vitrial and discrimination toards the community and condemn such where we see it? not sure how that makes me or the other poster a joke but i'm sure your answer will be interesting.
    Remember who pays for these 'ethnic minority' groups existence.

yeah, me you and everyone else, what's your point? i pay for a lot of other things as well via my taxes. some i'm happy about, others not so.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Feel sorry for the guy who after letting them stay in the field over the weekend was then faced with a bill of over 5 thousand euro to clean up after them. Incidentally.....why did people have to constantly clean up after them ???
    #

Usual story.

They have their culture & we pay for it.

The problem is, is that their culture is worth nothing & they're worth nothing to anybody.

They are a complete liability to this country & anyone they encounter. Pure trouble the lot of them at this stage.

Why do we pay for this sh1t?

THEY.ARE.WORTH.DIDDLEY.SQUAT.! END.OF.

WHAT.IS.THERE.NOT.TO.UNDERSTAND?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

strange that because i haven't saw any such on the thread.

how so? because we can both recognise the issues in the traveling community, condemn such where those issues are wrong and want them solved, yet not engage in denigration, vitrial and discrimination toards the community and condemn such where we see it? not sure how that makes me or the other poster a joke but i'm sure your answer will be interesting.

yeah, me you and everyone else, what's your point?
    i pay for a lot of other things as well via my taxes. some i'm happy about, others not so.

1) I've seen a Traveller apologist here, your mate pretend he's suddenly stumbled across a 'kn**ker bashing thread' despite him posting in it multiple times already. And subsequently continues to post in it, despite his opposition against such a thread existing. If that's not stupid I don't know what is.

2)Absolutely stupid, pointless whatabouttery. Can I at least take it from that you admit their lifestyle is subsidised by the taxpayer? And that the rest of us should just keep on paying for it and stay quiet because 'muh bank bailout'?

1) I've seen a Traveller apologist here, your mate pretend he's suddenly stumbled across a 'kn**ker bashing thread' despite him posting in it multiple times already. And subsequently continues to post in it, despite his opposition against such a thread existing. If that's not stupid I don't know what is.

2)Absolutely stupid, pointless whatabouttery. Can I at least take it from that you admit their lifestyle is subsidised by the taxpayer? And that the rest of us should just keep on paying for it and stay quiet because 'muh bank bailout'?

what has the bank bailout got to do with this? i have never denied that a lot of the traveling community are dependant on state supports.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Disgusting post:mad::mad::mad: will you stop bashing the poor Liberals over the head with facts and common sense you know they are allergic to it.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

what has the bank bailout got to do with this? i have never denied that a lot of the traveling community are dependant on state supports.

End of the Road you really do go out of your way to annoy people and take the mick.

A lot? 86% is not a lot it is the overwhelming majority.:rolleyes:

If I've to pay for it, I'm entitled to criticise it.

I'd love to see how you'd feel about this if you'd had to spend a month living in your grandmother's house after it's been gutted by them while she was at mass,and scared of her wits they'd be back in the middle of the night.

Or seen your younger brothers come in from school with bust lips and black eyes for not handing over the 'settled tax'.

Pontificate from your ivory tower about how the rest of us are racists.

Cop on.

you can criticise whatever you like. however criticisms are open to challenge where someone may feel such challenge needs to take place.
    I'd love to see how you'd feel about this if you'd had to spend a month living in your grandmother's house after it's been gutted by them while she was at mass,and scared of her wits they'd be back in the middle of the night.

Or seen your younger brothers come in from school with bust lips and black eyes for not handing over the 'settled tax'.

you don't know that i haven't had any bad experiences with travelers because it's not something i would be discussing on here.
    Pontificate from your ivory tower about how the rest of us are racists.

Cop on.

where have i called anyone racists on this thread?

That's it in a nutshell.

There's no such thing as a traveller bashing thread on Boards or any other forum.

We pay for their lifestyles, the quangos that represent them & all the clean-up operations/mayhem across the country that they cause.

WE.CAN.CRITICISE.THEM.ALL.IF.WE.LIKE.

We own them. They don't own us! They owe us & yet they bite the hand that feed them at every single turn.

To Hell with the lot of them!

We can say what we like about them at all times & can force them to obey the law of the land if needs be.

We can grind these arrogant lawbreakers into the ground.

Together we can crack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Disgusting post:mad::mad::mad: will you stop bashing the poor Liberals over the head with facts and common sense you know they are allergic to it.:p

I consider myself liberal and even I think this is nonsense.

• Advertisement

That's it in a nutshell.

There's no such thing as a traveller bashing thread on Boards or any other forum.

We pay for their lifestyles, the quangos that represent them & all the clean-up operations/mayhem across the country that they cause.

WE.CAN.CRITICISE.THEM.ALL.IF.WE.LIKE.

We own them. They don't own us! They owe us & yet they bite the hand that feed them at every single turn.

To Hell with the lot of them!

We can say what we like about them at all times & can force them to obey the law of the land if needs be.

We can grind these arrogant lawbreakers into the ground.

Together we can crack it.

"we" don't "own" anyone as people are not property or commodities.

Oh yes we do own them, as long as we pay for their worthless culture & their worthless lifestyles.

Make no mistake about that you foolish little boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

We're all commodoties.

EOTR you are property of the Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Your birth certificate is a license to live provided by the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It is often end of the road posting rubbish on Traveller threads by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

you don't know that i haven't had any bad experiences with travelers because it's not something i would be discussing on here.

Interesting.

Which one is correct?

1. You or your extended family are travellers or settled travellers.
    2. You have had negative experiences with travellers but wont admit it here as it weakens your argument.
    3. You have had no negative experiences with travellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

We need a Trump train.

Nope, that's a step too far for any decent human being. Hopefully we will never sink to that level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I would like my own home but
    1) I can't afford one and I need to avail of methods to earn more money to be able to afford one
    2) I know that having children is very costly and this will dis-improve my chances of having my own home. It would also be a very negative experience for such children being brought up in a place where I just rent the room and use the kitchen.
    3) Although I feel that over the top government interference in regulating the market has created a tough environment for people like myself to have my own home, I see people of my own age and background with their own homes, therefore I don't exclusively blame the government for my woes.

So in summary:
    I should have worked harder in school and applied myself more in the Working environment.
    Practising safe sex still gives me the ability to turn things around.
    I would like to see less governmental regulations
    in terms of building but I know that it is in my own hands to change my life circumstances.

Great, very fair post. Genuinely, can you go around to schools and halting sites and give a lecture on this. Someone needs to.

So just the one side then?

Omackeral wrote: »
    It is often end of the road Amish posting dumping rubbish on Traveller threads sites by the way.

• Advertisement

All my old mates come home for xmas too but manage to get by without needing gardai on every street.

All my old mates come home for xmas too but manage to get by without needing gardai on every street.

Do they suffer with the affliction of being Amish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Such a novel idea really

Do they suffer with the affliction of being Amish?

Nah. Whenever I try to be friendly or even say hello to one of the Amish they do this weird shadow boxing thing. Its as if they don't want to be my friend.

Nah. Whenever I try to be friendly or even say hello to one of the Amish they do this weird shadow boxing thing. Its as if they don't want to be my friend.

Really? You must know the same Amish guy I know. I hear they're all actually really, really sound except for that one guy. That one Amish guy known by everyone up and down the country. And the only one anyone ever meets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

I don't know if it has been said in this thread yet, but does anyone else see the irony in a woman called Cash not using cash?

randd1 wrote: »
    I don't know if it has been said in this thread yet, but does anyone else see the irony in a woman called Cash not using cash?
    I too now see the benefits of a cashless society.

Interesting.

Which one is correct?

1. You or your extended family are travellers or settled travellers.
    2. You have had negative experiences with travellers but wont admit it here as it weakens your argument.
    3. You have had no negative experiences with travellers.

my experiences with travelers or anyone is ultimately not the business of some stranger on the internet, and me not making it so does not weaken my argument because it can't be weakened because it's the same argument that would be applied to any other group in society.
    having bad experiences with people and condemning those people, condemning issues within a group of people and wanting them solved, and condemning denigration and discrimination against a group of people, many of who won't have done anything wrong, is the exact argument applied to all other groups in society and quite rightly, i and many others apply it to the traveling community also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

my experiences with travelers or anyone is ultimately not the business of some stranger on the internet, and me not making it so does not weaken my argument because it can't be weakened because it's the same argument that would be applied to any other group in society.
    having bad experiences with people and condemning those people, condemning issues within a group of people and wanting them solved, and condemning denigration and discrimination against a group of people, many of who won't have done anything wrong, is the exact argument applied to all other groups in society and quite rightly, i and many others apply it to the traveling community also.

LOL

Such a hypocrite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Lads you're wasting your time, a certain poster just argues the opposite point to the majority in any thread and is far too lazy to even type properly.

Why even rise to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

stopped for diesel near rathkeale today, the homecoming has begun...cars you or I can only dream of :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

stopped for diesel near rathkeale today, the homecoming has begun...cars you or I can only dream of :)

De Sunday Wurdled usually does a piece on it each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Longford town as well
    Place full of cars with UK regs lined up outside two storey mansions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Not related to Cash but this was just posted in a number of buy and sell groups on Facebook.

12 year old girl provocatively/sexual suggestive dancing and a bunch of old creepy men commenting on it. Reported to Facebook last night and still up this morning ffs.

You know in most other EU countries this would be considered a form of pimping/trafficking putting something like this in a buy and sell group ffs.

HSE/TUSLA should be informed of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

The men should be reported. It’s not the child’s dancing that’s the issue here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Both the parent(s) and the creepy men should be reported for this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

lol good luck getting a hold of any one in tusla or hse till about 7th January

social workers dont do un social hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Both the parent(s) and the creepy men should be reported for this.
    what's the crime? it's nasty but I don't think anything illegal has taken place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

mynamejeff wrote: »
    lol good luck getting a hold of any one in tusla or hse till about 7th January

social workers dont do un social hours

There will be duty social workers availabl on weekdays that are not public or bank holidays, e.g. Thursday 27th December, Friday 28th December and Monday 31st December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wonder did cash and the gang head to at Vincent de Paul for their Christmas pack/box.

Really should bring back vouchers which can only be spent on essential foods etc.

• Advertisement

Wonder did cash and the gang head to at Vincent de Paul for their Christmas pack/box.

Really should bring back vouchers which can only be spent on essential foods etc.

I wonder were they Penneys outfits that they wore for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Why? Are the Christmas packs full of drink and cigs? Or are you objecting to pots of jam in the packs which arent essential foods?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Dante7 wrote: »
    Why? Are the Christmas packs full of drink and cigs? Or are you objecting to pots of jam in the packs which arent essential foods?

No more so on hand outs from social inclusion of Christmas bonus.,..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty sure it's more of a dig at someone who has more money than most working people getting free stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

If you get free food, it frees up your own money for drink & cigs

No more so on hand outs from social inclusion of Christmas bonus.,..

Ok, so your point wasn't about the charity Christmas packs at all but rather about the welfare Christmas bonus, which is a different subject and which you didn't mention at all.

I'll fill in the blanks in your posts and assume you are saying that welfare recipients should not get a bonus in cash, but rather in vouchers for groceries. That's a reasonable enough point, but one extra welfare payment is not a huge amount of money, and the logistics of setting up a voucher scheme just for the Xmas bonus would cost more to administrate. No point from a logistics point of view.

If you are suggesting that we move our total welfare system to a voucher scheme, I think that is a very bad idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

If you get free food, it frees up your own money for drink & cigs

I think he meant its a replacement for just giving cash to people. Personally, i would be in favour of this. If you want cash. Work. If you dont. Then suck it up as you wont be allowed drink, cigs etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wonder where she shops now. I get the irony in that last sentence. I mean if I was a Penny's employee I wouldn't let her though the front door. No doubt she'd scream discrimination or is it racisms now, should that happen. Oh but wait, what about the children, they will suffer if she's barred from Pennys. So useful to have so many kids when you have no means of supporting yourself.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I wonder where she shops now. I get the irony in that last sentence. I mean if I was a Penny's employee I wouldn't let her thought the front door. No doubt she'd scream discrimination or is it racisms now, should that happen.

The stores are legally entitled to refuse her entry due to history of shoplifting. It's a valid exception to the discrimination laws. You are not being refused entry because you are a minority, you are being refused entry because you are a thief. All this publicity probably damaged her shoplifting career.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BilboBagOfCans

If you are suggesting that we move our total welfare system to a voucher scheme, I think that is a very bad idea.

Why do you think this is a bad idea?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement