Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Wonder did cash and the gang head to at Vincent de Paul for their Christmas pack/box.

Really should bring back vouchers which can only be spent on essential foods etc.

I stopped supporting SVP Thurles in 2012 when I seen all the Cash types in their newish people carriers getting their vouchers for €80-100 to spend in local stores that year. A young lad from my estate on €100 reduced JSA told me he got only hotcups and out of date homestead beans.

That day I even witnessed one woman throwing the food hamper which was given to her over the railway bridge on Parnell Street. Reported it to AGS. Iarnród Éireann later had to clean it up that evening.

Passing through Thurles last week and there was a line of pram pushers and newish SUVs (no more mpv’s?) illegally doubled parked near Scoile Ailbhe and a line of women with prams extending into the former district hospital. It was during the stormy wet weather too. Imagine putting your babys health at risk just for vouchers.

Later that evening I was checking out in costcutter and seen one of these women trying to buy cat food and alcohol with the voucher. Thankfully I overheard him saying both aren’t covered by the voucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Why do you think this is a bad idea?

Well, I'll start with my own experience. Work and pay tax for 25 years and then find yourself unemployed. You can shove your vouchers. That's just dehumanising. It would have been dehumanising for me in my situation and it would be dehumanising for anyone and make them more likely to segregate.

I wouldn't be too averse to bonuses being paid in grocery vouchers or the like. I'm relying on welfare at the moment and got the Christmas bonus and it was a big help. But if there was no such thing as a bonus and someone said to me, there's €250 in shopping vouchers that the govt got a good deal on - brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I wouldn’t give a cent to svp after the local one helped a local scumbag pay a court fine. And covered a deposit for a family having to rent because they were evicted from their home for defaulting on the mortgage. It was a council house they took out a mortgage on, bought a new car too with mortgage they were given. They lost the house, and went into rented accommodation heavily subsidized and then placed back in their old house which the council bought back as tenants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I wouldn’t give a cent to svp after the local one helped a local scumbag pay a court fine. And covered a deposit for a family having to rent because they were evicted from their home for defaulting on the mortgage. It was a council house they took out a mortgage on, bought a new car too with mortgage they were given. They lost the house, and went into rented accommodation heavily subsidized and then placed back in their old house which the council bought back as tenants

In fairness, that case is a bit of an exception and SVP generally do very good. They are the last port of call for a lot of genuine people in real need. You will always have chancers abusing any system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Margaret's Christmas message

I refuse to live like dis �� In January we will not be liveing in a b+b no more. 2019 will be different and im gonna make sure of it. This ****y goverment needs to be took down 100%. They dont care bout us or wat is rite and rong they dont listing to us. So i made my babys a promias dat after christmas bita help of god i will make dem listing. DIS CANT GO ON. We cant live like dis no more. HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Dante7 wrote: »
    In fairness, that case is a bit of an exception and SVP generally do very good. They are the last port of call for a lot of genuine people in real need. You will always have chancers abusing any system.

Charity organisations need to talk to each other to make sure these scammers get nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

KrustyUCC wrote: »

I refuse to live like dis �� In January we will not be liveing in a b+b no more. 2019 will be different and im gonna make sure of it. This ****y goverment needs to be took down 100%. They dont care bout us or wat is rite and rong they dont listing to us. So i made my babys a promias dat after christmas bita help of god i will make dem listing. DIS CANT GO ON. We cant live like dis no more. HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. ������

Rong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Well, I'll start with my own experience. Work and pay tax for 25 years and then find yourself unemployed. You can shove your vouchers. That's just dehumanising. It would have been dehumanising for me in my situation and it would be dehumanising for anyone and make them more likely to segregate.

I wouldn't be too averse to bonuses being paid in grocery vouchers or the like. I'm relying on welfare at the moment and got the Christmas bonus and it was a big help. But if there was no such thing as a bonus and someone said to me, there's €250 in shopping vouchers that the govt got a good deal on - brilliant.

Work and pay tax for 25 years, become unemployed = JSB, should be paid in cash and be much higher than JSA.

JSA also known as "dole", could be paid partly in debit card / vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

As least she can spell Christmas properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Odelay wrote: »
    Rong??

The opposite to Rite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Christ on a bike....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The government doesn't care about her. So true - she doesn't get a cent from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

*Translation* Be warned all the hardworking taxpayers of 2019. I'm not going to change me ways, no matter how many times I have to move or how many times my children have to change school. I'm entitled to a forever home and be God I'll get it, if that means I have to hound the media and Gubberment, then that's what I'll do. If I have to have 2, 3 or 4 more children until they take my plight seriously, then that's what I'll do. I don't have a job so I have all day to dedicate to my cause.

I'll do anything it takes, as long as that involves getting free handouts from the state. I'm interested in bettering myself as long as that doesn't involve education or employment. Outside state benefits, everyone discriminates against me. Poor me. Can someone send thoughts and prayers? *Sob *Sob

Ps I know some vile jellus bullies keep bringing up my 39 previous convictions but only two of them were for robbing and the rest were traffic and we all know that traffic convictions don't count *wink wink nudge nudge*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Geuze wrote: »
    Work and pay tax for 25 years, become unemployed = JSB, should be paid in cash and be much higher than JSA.

JSA also known as "dole", could be paid partly in debit card / vouchers.

Whilst I agree JSB should be paid at a higher rate than JSA, Partial payment in vouchers would never work. There’s people on JSA whose whole payment could be swallowed up at any given time on unexpected expenses especially the under 25s.

Besides Jobseeker’s Allowance isn’t the problem. It’s almost impossible for people to layabout on this payment unless they’re approaching retirement/outdated skills/unemployable due to past convictions. People on Jobseekers Allowance are sanctioned if they aren’t actively seeking work or engage with Turas Nua etc.

OPF/Lone parent payments are the problem. They are not capped nor restricted. A woman who can go out and get pregnant every 6.3 years to qualify for this payment without contributing one cent to the state in her entire life.

Is it fair that during the recession an 18 year old Margaret cash could’ve got the full basic rate social welfare payment vs let’s say an 18 year old on SWA €100 awaiting let’s say a disability allowance claim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The only interviewer who wasn't a pcbrigade snowflake. He was well able for her.

The only interviewer who wasn't a pcbrigade snowflake. He was well able for her.
    Away and sh!te. He wanted to talk about personal responsibility. Obviously it's only the gubberment's responsibility to provide housing for everyone :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Drop in to any prison on a Sunday and you'll see "de Vinnies", as they're known, going around handing out cigarettes to any prisoner that spins them a poor me story. Call my cynical but distributing tobacco to inmates would rank very low on the hierarchy of needs for most. Plenty of the prisoners are openly laughing at them and will have a full pouch of tobacco in their back pocket while accepting cigarettes into their hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

She's basically our version of the queen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

Judging by the pile of presents under the tree and the new clobber on the kids for Xmas ... the state has done good by mags this year

Odelay wrote: »
    Rong??

Rite.

whippet wrote: »
    Judging by the pile of presents under the tree and the new clobber on the kids for Xmas ... the state has done good by mags this year

Yes the kids all seemed to have new outfits

Then again Margaret never claimed to be poor

"Ms Cash rejected criticism that she was irresponsible to have so many children when she could not afford to do so. “I love my kids, I wouldn’t change them for the world or for a home. I don’t care what people say.

“I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitled to buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

“I never said I was poor. I said I was homeless. I get benefits the same as everyone else. I just haven’t got enough to get a home.

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,” she added, referring to criticism by some on social media over the cost of her daughter’s First Holy Communion dress.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/i-have-been-constantly-begging-for-help-margaret-cash-on-being-homeless-1.3598174

Have to love the use of the word entitled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭whippet

Yes the kids all seemed to have new outfits

Then again Margaret never claimed to be poor

"Ms Cash rejected criticism that she was irresponsible to have so many children when she could not afford to do so. “I love my kids, I wouldn’t change them for the world or for a home. I don’t care what people say.

“I got some negative responses . It’s hard when you know you haven’t done anything wrong. I’m entitled to live my life, I’m entitled to buy my daughter a communion dress and to go for a few drinks with friends.

“I never said I was poor. I said I was homeless. I get benefits the same as everyone else. I just haven’t got enough to get a home.

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,” she added, referring to criticism by some on social media over the cost of her daughter’s First Holy Communion dress.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/i-have-been-constantly-begging-for-help-margaret-cash-on-being-homeless-1.3598174

Have to love the use of the word entitled

But the gubberment is robbin’ her

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,”

Aye. Laughable.

But the gubberment is robbin’ her

Yeah it's laughable but she's a great example of the entitlement culture these days

Robbin' her yet she has never worked a day in her life nor ever will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Carlingford Locked

For all her bad spelling and idiocy maybe she's more clever than the rest of us after all, I mean kick up a fuss, and eventually you'll get a house, probably in the area you want it in, and others will pay for it.
    For all the stick men have been getting the last couple of years, surely this is an example of toxic femininity, she's using her kids and her poor me mother status to get what she wants, without having to lift a finger. Looking at her facebook, it looks like they're having quite a bountiful christmas, something my parents had to scrimp and save and work their arses off for when I was a kid. She's a convicted criminal who takes everyone else's money. Someone in office needs to say something. It just makes me want to give up on this country altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

“I saved hard to get my child that dress. I tried to make people aware of what’s going on in this country,”
    Yes, but you cannot try to make them aware of what's going on in the country by going into their homes when they are not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It's more than what I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

For all her bad spelling and idiocy maybe she's more clever than the rest of us after all, I mean kick up a fuss, and eventually you'll get a house, probably in the area you want it in, and others will pay for it.
    For all the stick men have been getting the last couple of years, surely this is an example of toxic femininity, she's using her kids and her poor me mother status to get what she wants, without having to lift a finger. Looking at her facebook, it looks like they're having quite a bountiful christmas, something my parents had to scrimp and save and work their arses off for when I was a kid. She's a convicted criminal who takes everyone else's money. Someone in office needs to say something. It just makes me want to give up on this country altogether.
    she's no dummy. in an evolutionary sense she's more successful than 99% of the population and that success is made possible by the hard work and tax contributions of those who cannot afford to be as biologically successful as her. it's the very definition of a parasitic lifestyle but if you have no sense of adult responsibility or empathy for others, that's no barrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

she's no dummy. in an evolutionary sense she's more successful than 99% of the population and that success is made possible by the hard work and tax contributions of those who cannot afford to be as biologically successful as her. it's the very definition of a parasitic lifestyle but if you have no sense of adult responsibility or empathy for others, that's no barrier.

Bingo.
    The question though, is whether we let them win out in the evolutionary race.
    By sheer volume of offspring alone, they will take over.

That is, unless we decentivise their dependence on welfare and remove the current requirement of workers being forced to financially support the children of those who do not want to work or contribute to the betterment of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I just saw on Facebook where some travelers bought a miniature pony for their child for Christmas, a ****ing pony! Animal welfare are already on the case since they posted pictures of them all taking rides on the poor little thing. They really are an absolute burden on society, they have zero value at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

they posted pictures of them all taking rides on the poor little thing. They really are an absolute burden on society, they have zero value at all.

The Lord Jaysus I read that as poor Maggie getting saddled. Forgive me Jehovah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Omackeral wrote: »

She was saddled often enough now were saddled with the whole lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Had to visit A+E yesterday, 90% of those in the waiting room were travellers, I honestly think they enjoy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Had to visit A+E yesterday, 90% of those in the waiting room were travellers, I honestly think they enjoy it

They are a drain on society.

They love the gossip and just love seeing others in misery.

If anyone ever had the unfortunate experience of meeting one in their home uninvited...,.. you need to take them out.....

They have no sympathy and to be honest they are a very dangerous breed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Omackeral wrote: »

She was saddled often enough now were saddled with the whole lot of them.

I’m sure they’ll turn out to be very valuable members of society alright.

The entitlement society that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is it just because they are so loud that I notice there are usually travellers in A&E?

Years ago I was in overnight on a trolley because there was no beds available. Two travellers a guy and a girl were admitted because they tried to get away from the police and crashed their car. No sleep for me that night. Then in the morning some traveller women came in and started punching the one that had been admitted. From what I understand it was because they guy she was in the car with was not her boyfriend/husband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I just saw on Facebook where some travelers bought a miniature pony for their child for Christmas, a ****ing pony! Animal welfare are already on the case since they posted pictures of them all taking rides on the poor little thing. They really are an absolute burden on society, they have zero value at all.

Excuse me, how fcuking dare you, ponies have plenty of value.

They are a drain on society.

They love the gossip and just love seeing others in misery.

If anyone ever had the unfortunate experience of meeting one in their home uninvited...,.. you need to take them out.....

They have no sympathy and to be honest they are a very dangerous breed.

A+E rooms are inherently chaotic places and travellers are agents of chaos, apart from the fact they go to A+E for everything and anything, their entire extended family show up en masse and block up the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    A+E rooms are inherently chaotic places and travellers are agents of chaos, apart from the fact they go to A+E for everything and anything, their entire extended family show up en masse and block up the place

As an interesting point about travellers making up noticible portions of A&E on any given day are the number of retired UK pensioners who have moved here in the last few years. One medical person I was talking too was saying that up to a third of regular admissions are of older UK nationals. And we wonder why the health system is on its knees?

gozunda wrote: »
    As an interesting point about travellers making up noticible portions of A&E on any given day are the number of retired UK pensioners who have moved here in the last few years. One medical person I was talking too was saying that up to a third of regular admissions are of older UK nationals. And we wonder why the health system is on its knees?

I've yet to see one British pensioner, I'd take three British pensioners today if they took one of our travellers

This is gas. I thought I was just lucky/unlucky in that every time I've been to an A&E, it was mobbed with travellers. Da fuq is that about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Carlingford Locked

gozunda wrote: »

Ok we'll send the pensioners back, and take back all the Irish people using the NHS, and see how we fare then, lol

• Advertisement

Margaret has shared a video of another example of Culture

Johnny Connors vs Myles Wall

Also commented "Gew on i said great fight"

Margaret has shared a video of another example of Culture

Johnny Connors vs Myles Wall

Also commented "Gew on i said great fight"

Out fighting on the road like...what's below animals?

I like the irony of another shared post on there, some young lads quad bike got stolen.

Margaret Cash - Poster Child for the 'homeless' campaign - 2018 ;)

Ok we'll send the pensioners back, and take back all the Irish people using the NHS, and see how we fare then, lol

Exaggerate much there? Who said anything about sending anybody back or otherwise btw? It's an observation of something happening at least in some areas here. Is it related to the increase in Irish passports being sought in the UK at the foot of brexit, free medical care here now for the over 70s or is it the fact that elderly people here recieve additional welfare benefits / value for money compared to the UK? "Lol' (sic)

This is gas. I thought I was just lucky/unlucky in that every time I've been to an A&E, it was mobbed with travellers. Da fuq is that about.

They see it as an outing, its sport of sorts

Even aunty Julia is in for a sore bunion, the relatives are going around with big worried faces as if 9-11 has happened in tuam.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement