Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Margaret has shared a video of another example of Culture

Johnny Connors vs Myles Wall

Also commented "Gew on i said great fight"

You should have a segment every week called "Mags Watch" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Imagine, making 7 year olds "work" can somebody put up the article from yesterday's independent about getting the children to rob house's

Great craic altogether. Some amount of little dogs! https://www.facebook.com/john.sharing.71/posts/216580029275284

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Great craic altogether. Some amount of little dogs! https://www.facebook.com/john.sharing.71/posts/216580029275284

Wtf? "Tis our culture boss" ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great to see families spending time together over Christmas

Fantastic examples of culture

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

gozunda wrote: »

Wtf? "Tis our culture boss" ....
    Feel sorry for the police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Their own personal Senator ???? Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

watched a few of the videos on that page .

it really is a great advertisement for some dramatic and lasting action
    watch a few of the videos and you might say the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Their own personal Senator ???? Brilliant.
    Vote Senator Slash Hook No.1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

gozunda wrote: »
    Exaggerate much there? Who said anything about sending anybody back or otherwise btw? It's an observation of something happening at least in some areas here. Is it related to the increase in Irish passports being sought in the UK at the foot of brexit, free medical care here now for the over 70s or is it the fact that elderly people here recieve additional welfare benefits / value for money compared to the UK? "Lol' (sic)

Pension is better here. But another reason may be Irish people who lived in the UK most their lives and return here to retire. I've an Aunt who did that because in her retirement she wanted to be close to family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

mynamejeff wrote: »
    watched a few of the videos on that page .

it really is a great advertisement for some dramatic and lasting action to remove these creatures from the world and allow he rest of us to progress

sounds a bit dramatic ???

watch a few of the videos and you might say the same

Everything they do is accompanied by noise and shouting.
    Awful awful specimens of society.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Pension is better here. But another reason may be Irish people who lived in the UK most their lives and return here to retire. I've an Aunt who did that because in her retirement she wanted to be close to family.

They can only get the Irish pension if they’d worked in Ireland. If they’d never worked here, they’d only get the Uk one. They would, however be entitled to a medical card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My neighbours moved to the UK when young. They reared a family and returned in their 60's. Their pension is paid from the UK. They're in their 90's now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I was at the bottle banks in Loughrea yesterday and the clothes bank is just beside them, some people left bags of clothes there because the bank hadn't been emptied and next thing a few pavees hop out of a car and steal the lot.

They didn't even care that we all saw them at it.

They can only get the Irish pension if they’d worked in Ireland. If they’d never worked here, they’d only get the Uk one. They would, however be entitled to a medical card.

I didn't realise that, I think my aunt is getting the Irish pension but maybe she worked here at some stage.

She came back under some scheme as well that allows emigrants to come back in retirement and got a lovely little flat.

I was at the bottle banks in Loughrea yesterday and the clothes bank is just beside them, some people left bags of clothes there because the bank hadn't been emptied and next thing a few pavees hop out of a car and steal the lot.

Now come on, do you really care about someone taking clothes that someone else was getting rid of?

I don't get it?

Now come on, do you really care about someone taking clothes that someone else was getting rid of?

I don't get it?

Well if you don't get it there is no point trying to explain it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't get it?

So you see no issue with stealing form charities? I guess anything that's an easy target is fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I don't get it?

They will pick out what they want. Puma, Nike, Levi's, whatever. The rest will either be fly tipped into a ditch(any black bins bags near you?) or they will try to sell it by the kilogram to one of those export places. And it's stealing from the charity!

• Advertisement

I don't get it?

Those clothes were donated to charities. Stealing from anyone is bad enough, but stealing from charities is beneath contempt.

Gas the amount of people that jumped in to say "ROBBING FROM CHARITIES".

Nowhere in Galway Guys post did it say it was a charity clothes bank?

Also, they get about 50 cent per kg for clothes IF it is a charity. If someone needs clothes badly enough to take them from a clothes bank then they're welcome to them in my eyes.

The people who left them outside the skip were obviously too lazy to come back when the skip was emptied or go directly to charity shop so feck them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Those clothes were donated to charities. Stealing from anyone is bad enough, but stealing from charities is beneath contempt.

They have no morals their brains are wired differently

Also, they get about 50 cent per kg for clothes IF it is a charity. If someone needs clothes badly enough to take them from a clothes bank then they're welcome to them in my eyes.

The people who left them outside the skip were obviously too lazy to come back when the skip was emptied or go directly to charity shop so feck them.

Holy jaysus you blame everyone apart from the people who actually stole the clothes in that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

You can get a non contributory pension here if you meet the age and income requirements and are entitled to live here. Top rate of non con pension is 232 per week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Clothes banks are charity banks 95% of the time. Your point may have merit that if they're using the clothes themselves fair enough but you are so god damn willfully obtuse when it comes to Travellers. It's unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

What has this got to do with Mags? She can afford her own thongs

I don't get it?

Paul Kelly from console comes to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

You can get a non contributory pension here if you meet the age and income requirements and are entitled to live here. Top rate of non con pension is 232 per week.

A equivilant to the non-contributory pension here does not exist in the UK Afaik. Additional benefits such as the household package for TV fuel etc are also available here where a means test is not exceeded.

According to age action Ireland "There are 135,000 people in Ireland getting a British State Pension and 70,000 with private British pensions." No detail given on the numbers from the UK living here claiming non-contributory Irish pension here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Well if you don't get it there is no point trying to explain it to you.

Point being they will Rob something even it has no value, it's in their nature.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

I didn't realise that, I think my aunt is getting the Irish pension but maybe she worked here at some stage.

She came back under some scheme as well that allows emigrants to come back in retirement and got a lovely little flat.

My dad worked most of his life in the UK and gets most of his pension from the UK but we're over here now and he gets 40 euro a week to make up the difference. I think that seems fair.

Good health to your aunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭utmbuilder

A 20 foot container of used clothes goes for 25000euro depending on the grade

Omackeral wrote: »
    Clothes banks are charity banks 95% of the time. Your point may have merit that if they're using the clothes themselves fair enough but you are so god damn willfully obtuse when it comes to Travellers. It's unreal.
    Actually they're not. They're a business that recycles clothes and whack the name of a charity on the front because people are more inclined to donate if they think it's going to charity. I've been told that maybe half a % of profit goes to the charity being sponsored by the clothes bank.

Most clothes that go into those banks are garbage and not fit for re-use. It's the crap that no one wants that gets left there - used underware, socks, bed linen etc basically anything that a charity shop won't take. Anyone taking from them isn't going to find much re-useable stuff.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Actually they're not. They're a business that recycles clothes and whack the name of a charity on the front because people are more inclined to donate if they think it's going to charity. I've been told that maybe half a % of profit goes to the charity being sponsored by the clothes bank.

RTE had a prime time investigates about this years ago. Are you saying nothing has changed since then, what is your source?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Gas indeed. Robbing not too bad you reckon if it's not from a charity?

tuxy wrote: »
    RTE had a prime time investigates about this years ago. Are you saying nothing has changed since then, what is your source?

RTE had a prime time investigates story a week or two ago about travellers that was discussed on this thread, and it turns out their version of reality is not the same as the actual reality. I wouldn't trust RTE as far as I'd throw them. I'd trust my source (a person who makes his living in re-using clothes) and for obvious reasons, I'm not going to name him on here. If you want to believe that 95% of clothes left at a clothes bank are used by charities then go ahead. Makes no difference to my life if you believe me or not.

But both you and RTE are claiming the same thing and you tell me not to believe the RTE report. :confused:
    I was just asking if anything had changed since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Most clothes that go into those banks are garbage and not fit for re-use. It's the crap that no one wants that gets left there - used underware, socks, bed linen etc basically anything that a charity shop won't take. Anyone taking from them isn't going to find much re-useable stuff.

Obviously a lot of knob heads use them to get rid of their garbage instead of paying for it to be dumped which is a reprehensible thing to do imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

AllForIt wrote: »
    Obviously a lot of knob heads use them to get rid of their garbage instead of paying for it to be dumped which is a reprehensible thing to do imo.

The same type of people who would dispose of their refuse in a post box. Or a well. Or into back of someone elses pickup truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's her issue though?

She can't string a coherent sentence together, she sounds like a drunken Katie Taylor.
    What head condition does she actually have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A lot of the clothes are cut up and bundled into bags and squashed into cubes.

These are then sold on as cleaning rags etc.

• Advertisement

A lot of the clothes are cut up and bundled into bags and squashed into cubes.

These are then sold on as cleaning rags etc.

I used put unsalable stuff into these bins until I found out that the shops could get something for them if recycled. So now I separate the clothes before giving all to charity shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There was a gang going around my area the last week. 3 young wans knocked on a neighbour's door (getting over cancer treatment, he was asleep). He came down to the the door and they asked him if they could come in to see his decorations?

2 big fat fcukers outside his garden in a white van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Birneybau wrote: »
    There was a gang going around my area the last week. 3 young wans knocked on a neighbour's door (getting over cancer treatment, he was asleep). He came down to the the door and they asked him if they could come in to see his decorations?

2 big fat fcukers outside his garden in a white van.

They wanted to see his decorations?!

It's like they're not even trying anymore. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

They wanted to see his decorations?!

It's like they're not even trying anymore. :pac:

I stuck that into my Cant translator and it said "we are going to rob you and there's f*ck all you can do about it, sick boy."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭maninasia

goose2005 wrote: »
    there's little evidence for their separateness before the Famine. Most of our ancestors were itinerant or semi-itinerant at one time or another, due to migrant labour, evictions or shortage of land

How come they have their own dialect/language and distinct culture then ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 255 ✭✭PuppyMcPupFace

maninasia wrote: »

Being badly spoken and ignorant does not constitute a separate language.

And as for "culture" ?? Seriously???

maninasia wrote: »
    Cant is not a distinct language. It is a variation of Irish and I have never heard it spoken by a traveller. It's probably how Irish is recognised on an international level as one of our national languages, yet only 12,000 out of a population of nearly 5 million speak it on a daily basis. Are there any books/literature written in Cant (being serious here, not sarcastic).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Cant is not a distinct language. It is a variation of Irish and I have never heard it spoken by a traveller. It's probably how Irish is recognised on an international level as one of our national languages, yet only 12,000 out of a population of nearly 5 million speak it on a daily basis. Are there any books/literature written in Cant (being serious here, not sarcastic).

I know plenty of travellers and I've never heard any of them use it. I'd guess they don't know it fully but they do use certain words from it. I think it's more of a slang thing nowadays rather than a spoken language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I know plenty of travellers and I've never heard any of them use it. I'd guess they don't know it fully but they do use certain words from it. I think it's more of a slang thing nowadays rather than a spoken language.

It's used when travellers are pulling a fast one and don't wish the settlers to hear what they're saying

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »

It's used when travellers are pulling a fast one and don't wish the settlers to hear what they're saying
    So 24/7 then ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement