Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

Ha ha Jaysus the Tipp people really select some bunch to represent them.

I know! Spluttering Mattie and Scheaming Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

mikemac2 wrote: »
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    Why the fcuk does Joe Duffy keep asking 'how do you know they are travellers'? He must have asked that question 10 times.

Headshops were around the country but as soon as one opened in Clontarf Duffy went mad and launched a crusade

He’s been spending some of this week discussing a window company in Fairview going bust which is pretty boring and most of the country would not even know where Fairview is. But hey Liveline is more local than Tipp FM

If a few caravans pitched up on the Clontarf Ipromenade Duffy would turn liveline into the Clontarf show again

Until then though he’ll slap down anyone for even daring to say anything about travelllers

Set up a Gofundme page with the aim of buying a house near Mr Duffy or Mr Varadkar and putting travellers into it.

There'd be a change of attitude then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

how many caravans could you park on the grounds of Montrose do you suppose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

You forgot that clown Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Its mortifying - these two eegits are the best we have representing us - makes you think about moving! I'm embarrassed every time we have an election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    The endless propoganda pieces about how awful their plight is, is a genius ploy to ensure the skimming of the tax payer continues for another generation, the truth that they have a helluva sweetheart deal from the state must be smothered.

A life of no responsibility and everything for nothing, who would want to be like everyone else?

Everything you hear from liberals on the topic of travellers should be ignored, that's the starting point for dealing with them and the issue going forward, we need a big stick approach for the next thirty years, it's a bad joke ( the whole thing) at this stage

That. Right. There.
    You see ......... when liberals grasp on something 'holy', they find it hard to let go; irrespective of light being 'shone' down on the topic to reflect the reality. Travellers are a cause célèbre for liberals because they think it shows them in an elevated light ....... to the rest of us. Us plebs don't know nuttin'. And the likes of Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy, Marian Finucane, Miriam O'Callaghan (coincidence that they work in RTE?), Leo Varadkar, Simon Coveney, Catherine Zappone will always portray the poor downtrodden Travellers as victims ......... and the rest of us law-abiding, tax paying contributors of society as pure monsters.

No wonder there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country begging for a political change .......... but not from the current crop of under-performing, backbone-missing, tax-wasting liars who claim to represent us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Kivaro wrote: »
    That. Right. There.
    You see ......... when liberals grasp on something 'holy', they find it hard to let go; irrespective of light being 'shone' down on the topic to reflect the reality. Travellers are a cause célèbre for liberals because they think it shows them in an elevated light ....... to the rest of us. Us plebs don't know nuttin'. And the likes of Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy, Marian Finucane, Miriam O'Callaghan (coincidence that they work in RTE?), Leo Varadkar, Simon Coveney, Catherine Zappone will always portray the poor downtrodden Travellers as victims ......... and the rest of us law-abiding, tax paying contributors of society as pure monsters.

No wonder there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country begging for a political change .......... but not from the current crop of under-performing, backbone-missing, tax-wasting liars who claim to represent us.
    You should run for election

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    That. Right. There.

You should run for election
    Peter Casey for taoiseach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭questionmark?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gang-irish-travellers-forcing-bars-13813572.amp Just a misunderstanding. Sure they own the place!! Might treat Margaret to a holiday next year sounds lads that they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Peter Casey for taoiseach
    Put him in charge of Pavee Point :pac:

I just looked up Pavee Point on Wikipedia and it p!sses me off. They say
    Travellers have suffered a long history of ethnic discrimination. Over time, the subsequent social prejudice and disparity between settled and Traveller educations has economically handicapped the community. Those early disadvantages have since manifested themselves into an elevated dependence on social welfare, a high risk of poverty, and a low life-expectancy for Travellers

Yet further down they say
    According to the 2002 Census, 54.8% of Traveller children don't pursue an education beyond primary school, and their literacy levels are well below those of settled children, across the board. To help change this, Pavee Point established The Parents and Traveller Education project in August 2004. The goals of the project are: to get Traveller parents more involved in their children's school by educating them about the system itself; and to work with the schools to make them more accepting of Traveller parents. As of 2005, Pavee Point has produced an educational DVD to help familiarise parents with the school system, facilitated workshops for parents about getting involved in school, and provided one-on-one support and advice
    It's Travellers that don't put a value on education. Even Pavee Point recognise this. Settled people would only be delighted if they stayed in secondary school and progressed onto university. It's not the settled community holding travellers back, it's travellers themselves. The DPP can continue to throw money at travellers but until someone steps in and makes sure those kids stay in education, the cycle is doomed to repeat itself.

That. Right. There.
    You see ......... when liberals grasp on something 'holy', they find it hard to let go; irrespective of light being 'shone' down on the topic to reflect the reality. Travellers are a cause cbre for liberals because they think it shows them in an elevated light ....... to the rest of us. Us plebs don't know nuttin'. And the likes of Joe Duffy, Ryan Tubridy, Marian Finucane, Miriam O'Callaghan (coincidence that they work in RTE?), Leo Varadkar, Simon Coveney, Catherine Zappone will always portray the poor downtrodden Travellers as victims ......... and the rest of us law-abiding, tax paying contributors of society as pure monsters.

It's easy to be liberal and tolerant when it's just on paper and NIMBY. Those people would soon change their tune if travellers started camping outside where they live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That. Right. There.

The cultural left which covers 99% of those in media and showbiz, despise the middle class because most of them are their whole lives rebelling against their own bourgeois upbringing, they will row in behind anyone who p1sses off the middle class tax payer, that includes travellers

Media types are weirdo's and oddballs with a public profile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/man-20s-sustains-60-stitches-to-face-after-being-stabbed-in-christmas-day-family-dispute-37683842.html

Even Christmas Day Leo’s buddies showing their culture , and that was in a town that had enormous Garda resources everything bar the Army to try and help the non traveller people have something resembling a normal Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hurler32 wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/man-20s-sustains-60-stitches-to-face-after-being-stabbed-in-christmas-day-family-dispute-37683842.html

Even Christmas Day Leo’s buddies showing their culture , and that was in a town that had enormous Garda resources everything bar the Army to try and help the non traveller people have something resembling a normal Christmas

That article deliberately goes out of its way not to mention the 'ethnicity' of the perpetrators

• Advertisement

I love the way they spend the whole article pussy footing around the fact that it's travellers causing the problems :rolleyes:
    The plan was implemented in response to concerns by the local community about large increases in the community population traditionally occurring in the Rathkeale over the Christmas and New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

What got me about that article ,apart from the waste of garda manpower, and the installation of temporary speed ramps ;), was the HSE set up a temporary triage centre for them.dafuk is that about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What got me about that article ,apart from the waste of garda manpower, and the installation of temporary speed ramps ;), was the HSE set up a temporary triage centre for them.dafuk is that about.

To keep them out of A&E as they take it over.

They will be in so many fights and dings they need the pussies to be babied to.

Birneybau wrote: »
    That article deliberately goes out of its way not to mention the 'ethnicity' of the perpetrators
    What was the point in giving them special ethnic status if the media isn't going to use it? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What was the point in giving them special ethnic status if the media isn't going to use it? :pac:

You're a racist if ye question them. That's the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,370 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ethnic triage units

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Fann Linn wrote: »
    You're a racist if ye question them. That's the point.

Sure look at the abuse Peter Casey got just for saying they were Irish men like himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I would love to catch her coming in my house......

The only and last time she would ever be in the news.

That scum bag husband also needs sorting.

Ct-P99vWAAEU8uI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My wish for 2019 is for this thread to end. Had enough of her in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Need to call Travellers for their ethnic status now.

I cannot understand why they are not called Travellers when that is what they wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

AllForIt wrote: »

Agreed.
    No matter what way you hack it the continual attaching of one person's name to all the traveller issues has been done to death.

elperello wrote: »
    Agreed.
    No matter what way you hack it the continual attaching of one person's name to all the traveller issues has been done to death.
    You guys do know there's an "unfollow thread" option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sad to see her son telling her that they love her and need her on Facebook. Are they not together?

They are afaik

Some of the comments are only fueling her sense of entitlement

"it's not your fault the system has failed you ... keep doing what your doing and keep fighting"

"external factors are the cause of this situation, nothing to do with your parenting"

"You are doing a wonderful job as a mother to your beautiful children. The fact that our b*****d government has let us down is not your fault or any of us"

Margaret you are doing wonderful work on behalf of your family and other women in the country. people like you could bring down this corrupt government for the violence they inflicted on the people through poverty"

Funny there was one comment

"all i can suggest is keeping checking daft. we had to move away from our home town and we were dreading it, but it worked out well we have made friends and got on"

As if Margaret will give up her fight for her home forever in Tallaght specifically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

These people are deluded.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A thread can be closed anytime. Might make some happy.

The core problem however remains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

A thread can be closed anytime. Might make some happy.

The core problem however remains.

I find that every time a thread like this closes several show up to take its place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

These people are deluded.....

Unfortunately, they're being indulged.
    On our coin.

Ha true that

No wonder she thinks the gubberment is robbing her when that's what she keeps getting told

The systems failed her (to the tune of at least €50k per year), external factors are the cause of this situation (could have sworn having more and more kids is an internal factor and a personal choice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Does Margaret Cash have an accomplice called Tango...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There should be an arm of the state going around like dog wardens, catching them and neutering/spaying them, let them recuperate a few days, and release.

Better outcomes for all

Only joking!
    Or am i...

Sorry, this is a 'no kill' shelter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Dillosk412

KrustyUCC wrote: »

"Margaret you are doing wonderful work on behalf of your family and other women in the country. people like you could bring down this corrupt government for the violence they inflicted on the people through poverty"

A traveller calling someone else corrupt? Have they no mirrors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

kowloon wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a 'no kill' shelter.

Euthanasia would be a step too far.
    At the moment.

Same with Louise O'Reilly or whatever her name is. But this thread is the lesser of two irrelevants

Same with Louise O'Reilly or whatever her name is. But this thread is the lesser of two irrelevants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's Louise Whitmore actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭elperello

You guys do know there's an "unfollow thread" option?

Never followed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I'd vote for a cull.

The Purge? It's a catchy election slogan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Bailiff involved in the violent eviction of the McGann family in Roscommon (which @campaignforleo failed to condemn) was charged with multiple counts of housing benefit fraud on Friday. @Sundayworld

#RoscommonEviction #not1home

😂😂😂

The homeless crowd can't seem to find a poster person who not a scammer and the eviction crowd can't either.

Is there no one straight on the country? Where does the free money gravy train stop next? I want to hop on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The difference being that while Louise O'Reilly is an annoying **cough** **cough**, she isn't costing the taxpayer an arm and a leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The difference being that while Louise O'Reilly is an annoying **cough** **cough**, she isn't costing the taxpayer an arm and a leg.

She is paid by the tax payer to talk sh1te with that awful voice of hers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    She is paid by the tax payer to talk sh1te with that awful voice of hers

and here was me thinking she was an author and freelance journalist. Never realised the government paid her.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Big fat granny traveller caught shoplifting at her local supermarket on fri evening

The 2 security then backed down when her 2 battle axe daughters came screaming and pushing

Made my blood boil, arrest the ****ing scum . Take them to the gallows

Why did they back down?

Why did they back down?

Because they're not Tom Petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Why did they back down?

I'd imagine for the same reasons that people usually back down from travellers in these situations;

A fear that there will be a riot on their premises, leading to the premises being wrecked, complete with slash hooks, hurleys etc. (as happens regularly to pubs)

A fear they will return later and burn the place down (as has happened with farmers)

A fear they will be sued for "discrimination" (as has happened to countless businesses)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement