Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Again they have a legal responsibility to do so, but yes they probably don't have the staff.

They don't have the riot gear either.
    No chance of doing onsite inspections when there is ongoing illegal actively.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

kowloon wrote: »
    You make a good point.

Why yes, yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Why yes, yes I do.

I killed a man with a trident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Actually, yes , there should be detailed instructions on all fire safety equipment , especially fire safety on particularly vulnerable areas . That's the fxxxin point!
    Other councils refuse to allow families with children in emergency sites, whether they get abuse for it or not .

Have you ever seen a fire extinguisher? There's an illustrated step by step instruction sticker on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    No I have nothing suitable and that is the reason. I rented to drug addicts getting clean in the past
    All council funding
    Was at work
    People were going on about how they didn't like "their" taxes being paid and I pointed out I pay more than they do. If you think me mentioning tax is any different from people pointing out they got a job and bought their own house then you just are blind to hypocrites.

Lots of people avoided questions like you. What level of racist are you so?

Yes, good man Ray. That's the first thing you've posted on here I'll agree with you on. I distinctly remember you asking Roger if he had kids and him dodging the question like a slippery eel.
    I have rented to people on social welfare payments and taken rent allowance. My properties are all above the limits so no longer do.

You called me a liberal and are just wrong and have failed to understand a word I said.

I can assure the way you speak I am fully aware you don't earn more than me. I pay a lot of taxes as a landlord and am not so protective about being proud of buying my own house as some massive achievement to lord over people like you have.

Have you got kids?

We don't call him Roger Roger question dodger around these parts for nothing you know.

What other gems did you have 'dodged' yesterday? Something about tribes in the forest and asylum seekers wasn't it?

Well done for paying more taxes than us all too btw. You probably just use a sh!t accountant more than anything else I'd say though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

strandroad wrote:
    Have you ever seen a fire extinguisher? There's an illustrated step by step instruction sticker on it.

Sssh...it's the council's fault there was no council worker on watch with an extinguisher incase the lads got p*ssed and whacked out of their minds on weed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Deary fcuking me. Absolute low life scum.

Why is it that there always has to be disgusting nakedness in these animal’s videos?

Pure dregs of society.
    They beat him with a brick because he hit an elderly man. Yet the elderly are terrorised in rural Ireland up and down the country..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Actually there is, have a look at a fire extinguisher, fire blanket. Not just text but visual aids how to use device.
    Still trying to blame the council I see. Any thoughts on the actions of the individual that caused the fire?

Try reading it in a hurry when your house is burning down with your family in it. I know of one council who appoint a safety supervisor to go through fire drill on every halting site they have...bearing in mind adult literacy is not good in the traveller community. I am not joking when I say this, it is an issue, but how come one small cc can do this , without any hassle?

Yes, If you live in a council house that doesn't for some reason have regard for fire safety regulations, which all habitable accommodation, under building regulations have to have installed and built in, and not just in recent years either, but especially enacted by law since 2014 ?
    Yes , the council are responsible for enforcement . You as the owner of your own home have responsibility as it is your own home.
    These people were living in portacabins placed cheek by jowl on an emergency council site ( and it was a long time an emergency site ).
    Were the people in Grenfell responsible for the cxxp apartments built for them?
    Do you think the individuals whose kitchen fire started the Grenfell fire are the only ones responsible for the deaths of all those people? Would you blame them too?

Many people are responsible, some of whom are paid to be accountable.
    Will ya stop. Grenfell was caused by faulty wiring and flammable cladding. It wasn't caused by people getting drunk and stoned and putting a chip pan on the highest setting. All the fire safety in the world can't prevent people from being irresponsible. It was the adults in the caravan that caused this tragedy, not the council. I'd say the same thing if it happened to settled people in a council house. People do stupid things when drunk. Just because it wasn't intentional doesn't mean they aren't responsible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

It appears to be the case all right.

RTE news are going out of their way to mention about the council but not a peep about the guy who is responsible for what happened.

can you imagine the outrage if the council confiscated a chip pan from travellers on the grounds that it was inherently unsafe?

The city of Dundee tried a scheme like that, people got a free deep fat fryer if they surrendered an old chip pan - the council would save money by having fewer fires to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Yes, good man Ray. That's the first thing you've posted on here I'll agree with you on. I distinctly remember you asking Roger if he had kids and him dodging the question like a slippery eel.

We don't call him Roger Roger question dodger around these parts for nothing you know.

What other gems did you have 'dodged' yesterday? Something about tribes in the forest and asylum seekers wasn't it?

Well done for paying more taxes than us all too btw. You probably just use a sh!t accountant more than anything else I'd say though.
    To be honest I thought you were him with two accounts. So what kind of racist are you?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭marknjb

tuxy wrote: »
    Can you imagine the reaction to them attempting a safety inspection. They would be chased off the site.
    after this fire my boss was hired to check and repair any faulty wiring on a halting site by the council
    when he went in to do it he and the apprentice were intimidated and ran by the travelers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Actually there is, have a look at a fire extinguisher, fire blanket. Not just text but visual aids how to use device.
    Still trying to blame the council I see. Any thoughts on the actions of the individual that caused the fire?

For those who can't or won't read. Pull pin. Squeeze lever. Point at base of fire. My children all know this from an early age,
    Try reading it in a hurry when your house is burning down with your family in it. I know of one council who appoint a safety supervisor to go through fire drill on every halting site they have...bearing in mind adult literacy is not good in the traveller community. I am not joking when I say this, it is an issue, but how come one small cc can do this , without any hassle?

Try reading it and looking at the diagrams early in the day when you're sober and doing nothing else.

Has it been established that the extinguishers were positioned in clear view near the cooker or were they buried under a pile of sh1te somewhere? Or were they still there at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

No I have nothing suitable and that is the reason. I rented to drug addicts getting clean in the past
    All council funding
    Was at work
    People were going on about how they didn't like "their" taxes being paid and I pointed out I pay more than they do. If you think me mentioning tax is any different from people pointing out they got a job and bought their own house then you just are blind to hypocrites.

Lots of people avoided questions like you. What level of racist are you so?

>> >>GOALPOSTS>> >>
    Dhera jog on Ray
    You're all bluster. So you've never rented to travellers then, whether you would is another thing.
    But the "I pay more taxes than you" guff again.
    What fcuking age are you? Seriously?

Anyone paying into the public pot is "entitled" to voice an opinion of how their contribution to society is squandered on indulging a lifestyle at odds with society expectations.

You tell me how I'm racist?
    (Remember your words, but use any definition of racism you like)

Anyone paying into the public pot is "entitled" to voice an opinion of how their contribution to society is squandered on indulging a lifestyle at odds with society expectations.

Anyone old enough to vote is entitled to a say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Try reading it in a hurry when your house is burning down with your family in it.

That goes for literally everyone.
    Can you as a moderator take personal responsibility for the cruel and interminable traveller bashing on this site!

He did, he issued a warning to stop using the 'K' word. You don't get to censor everything you don't like however.

If you believe that you are living in a dreamworld. Not all voices are equal and nor should they be. The government are voted in and are obliged to be both more moral and less moral dependant on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

It'd be some job to be in charge of Fire drills at at halting sites.

What other gems did you have 'dodged' yesterday? Something about tribes in the forest and asylum seekers wasn't it?.

Here, i want to correct the record.
    I answered his question!
    Withdraw that scurrilous remark!!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've had relative who've had difficulties with various things over the years from appliances, how to use a fire extinguisher, stuff with there cars,etc.
    If you need help with something you ask people and you don't stop until you get it. Especially if you feel your family may be at risk.

• Advertisement

>> >>GOALPOSTS>> >>
    Dhera jog on Ray
    You're all bluster. So you've never rented to travellers then, whether you would is another thing.
    But the "I pay more taxes than you" guff again.
    What fcuking age are you? Seriously?

You tell me how I'm racist?
    (Remember your words, but use any definition of racism you like)

I never claimed to rent to travellers, go look back. I would if I had a property suitable but I don't.

You are claiming because you pay taxes and bough your own property you had more rights than them to say how tax money should be spent. They also pay taxes and have a say, see you are just a hypocrite

If I recall you placed several cultural and social aspects of travellers as them all be criminals and disparaged the idea they have a culture. They are all racist things to say even if you don't think they are a minority or a race. Did you not do these things?

Now what level of racist are you? I answered your questions

Would you roll back voting rights to landowners only? Where are you going with this?

Goldengirl wrote:

That's why fire safety equipment has pictures on them showing how to use, incase of illiteracy and different languages. Are you claiming now Travellers cannot follow a simple visual aid?

Here, i want to correct the record.
    I answered his question!
    Withdraw that scurrilous remark!!
    :)

So you did. I don't want my tax money giving you children's allowance or pay for your kids schools. If I become the majority that's fine with you right? I don't think kids of today are economically viable given the overpopulation so you should pay everything for them.

I never claimed to rent to travellers, go look back. I would if I had a property suitable but I don't.

You are claiming because you pay taxes and bough your own property you had more rights than them to say how tax money should be spent. They also pay taxes and have a say, see you are just a hypocrite

If I recall you placed several cultural and social aspects of travellers as them all be criminals and disparaged the idea they have a culture. They are all racist things to say even if you don't think they are a minority or a race. Did you not do these things?

Now what level of racist are you? I answered your questions

I just asked whether you would
    Keep up.

What is traveller culture?

(Ive disparaged criminality..fraud...theft... violence..domestic violence...)
    Is that the culture you're at great pains to defend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Another case of a settled person commiting a sick crime, being a paedo must be part of settled people's culture etc.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/retired-surgeon-accused-of-indecently-assaulting-seven-boys-under-his-care-37722220.html

When will settled people ever become civilised and stop committing these crimes?

So you did. I don't want my tax money giving you children's allowance or pay for your kids schools. If I become the majority that's fine with you right? I don't think kids of today are economically viable given the overpopulation so you should pay everything for them.

Funnily enough i think i agree with you. CA should be as tax credits.
    But dont worry, they go to private schools- the childrens allowance wouldnt even pay for their mid term ski breaks!

The difference between us, is ive absolutely no problem supporting people who genuinely need support, who are willing, but for whatever reason find themselves unable, to provide for themselves.
    Those who have no intention of ever doing so can fcuk right off.

Another case of a settled person commiting a sick crime, being a paedo must be part of settled people's culture etc.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/retired-surgeon-accused-of-indecently-assaulting-seven-boys-under-his-care-37722220.html

When will settled people ever become civilised and stop committing these crimes?

all retired surgeons are paedos.
    Everyone knows that

Yes, If you live in a council house that doesn't for some reason have regard for fire safety regulations, which all habitable accommodation, under building regulations have to have installed and built in, and not just in recent years either, but especially enacted by law since 2014 ?
    Yes , the council are responsible for enforcement . You as the owner of your own home have responsibility as it is your own home.
    These people were living in portacabins placed cheek by jowl on an emergency council site ( and it was a long time an emergency site ).
    Were the people in Grenfell responsible for the cxxp apartments built for them?
    Do you think the individuals whose kitchen fire started the Grenfell fire are the only ones responsible for the deaths of all those people? Would you blame them too?

Many people are responsible, some of whom are paid to be accountable.

Jazus. Talk of moving goalposts! Grenfell was a combination of faulty electrical equipment. Not the fault of drunk, stoned wannabe chefs.

• Advertisement

I just asked whether you would
    Keep up.

What is traveller culture?

(Ive disparaged criminality..fraud...theft... violence..domestic violence...)
    Is that the culture you're at great pains to defend?

Plenty of people who have claimed the Irish in general have a culture of criminal behaviour, violence, drinking too much and having too many kids. It's not that long ago that we were referred to as vermin, but that seems to be lost on a lot of the posters in here who can't take a step back from it and see the parallels.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just seen the name of the paedo sympathiser judge. So did the paedo get off with the usual suspended sentence or the usual friendly warning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Haven’t seen any slavery cases like this by settled people: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/13/modern-slavery-uk-traveller-site-lincolnshire-judge-timothy-spencer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Suspended Sentence Nolan on the case there....

So this creature will get a slap on the wrist.

At most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Marrying your 16 year old cousin is pretty dodgy too if you're going down that path.

Plenty of people who have claimed the Irish in general have a culture of criminal behaviour, violence, drinking too much and having too many kids. It's not that long ago that we were referred to as vermin, but that seems to be lost on a lot of the posters in here who can't take a step back from it and see the parallels.
    The Irish earned a reputation for being violent and drinking too much because that's what they did. They had little education and even less self esteem and drank too much to kill the emptiness inside. The term Paddywagon came from police throwing the drunk, violent Paddy's in the police van. Thankfully we are now highly educated, have less children and have mostly left that aspect of our culture in the 20th century. Unfortunately we still have the young d!ckheads who go to Australia and America and think it's a rite of passage to trash whatever house they are living in. Remember that guy who had his address posted a couple of years ago? That type of behaviour looks bad on the rest of the students.

Settled people have changed and adapted with the times. Travellers have embraced modern conveniences but rejected modern responsibilities such as education and employment. They still want to live a live of drinking and violence. They have 85% unemployment. As bad as settled people can and have been, if 85% of us decided to become unemployed, the whole country would collapse.

• Advertisement

Marrying your 16 year old cousin is pretty dodgy too if you're going down that path.
    Margaret was married at 15 to someone who was 20. Would Romeo and Juliet laws cover two settled people with that age gap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Meanwhile the above mentioned Michael Shine was also caught breaking in to my neighbours shed last night and picked up a shovel from the yard and threatened him and his wife.
    A relation to Mr. Shine came knocking on the doors of every house in this estate the week before saying he was selling turf yet was on foot with no vehicle in sight or turf in possession.

Oh wait it was travellers.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Margaret was married at 15 to someone who was 20. Would Romeo and Juliet laws cover two settled people with that age gap?

Travellers are obviously exempt from laws like the age of consent. How could any priest stand in front of a couple their age and pronounce them man and wife?

.67 per cent of the population is identified as travellers yet 22per cent of the prison population are travellers hmmm....

Travellers are obviously exempt from laws like the age of consent. How could any priest stand in front of a couple their age and pronounce them man and wife?

When did the age of contempt ever bother priests? It wasn't two males or two females so it was grand.

Edit: that should have read, Consent

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    The Irish earned a reputation for being violent and drinking too much because that's what they did.

That's the stereotype, and stereotypes usually have something behind them, but all Irish people didn't go from being uneducated criminal drunks to being civilised (and a lot are still uneducated, criminal, drunks or a combination of them all). British political cartoons used to be full of the same kind of attitudes displayed towards the Irish as are displayed towards travellers on this thread. Were your ancestors all rats and scum? Afraid of doing any work?
    Vilifying all travellers is unfair to those who don't fit the stereotype and also counterproductive. Nothing will drive someone to behave reprehensibly more than the assumption that they'll do so and ignoring anything they do that doesn't fit under the low bar you've set for them.
    But it's easier to be black and white about everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Travellers exempt themselves from most laws except the ones that benefit them, eg screaming racism everytime they are challenged.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That goes for literally everyone.

He did, he issued a warning to stop using the 'K' word. You don't get to censor everything you don't like however.

Only censored a person who didn't agree with his viewpoint, after he/ she was savaged by the other posters, very brave . Bully or report anyone who doesn't agree with the pack hounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What's the latest Goss on cash......

There has been like 10 pages or more of absolute rubbish.

Why not start a new thread if yee want to discuss other rubbish.

Back to some cash please.

Only censored a person who didn't agree with his viewpoint, after he/ she was savaged by the other posters, very brave . Bully or report anyone who doesn't agree with the pack hounds.

Sounds familiar.

I've had relative who've had difficulties with various things over the years from appliances, how to use a fire extinguisher, stuff with there cars,etc.
    If you need help with something you ask people and you don't stop until you get it. Especially if you feel your family may be at risk.

Yes , I would too . But I am not , at the risk of being shouted down here because it's not what people want to hear, a member of an ethnic minority . Also I have known people old and young, with difficulties in literacy or confidence dealing with educated people , to have problems asking for help. There are vulnerable members in every community, and blaming and trashing them is not fair or right.
    People train to be able to liaise and deal with multiple ethnicities, to help them in this regard. Ireland is a lot better educated these days than it was in the recent past, where many people would not dare to ask questions of anyone in authority , unless that person drew them in and gained their confidence. We all have experience of the elderly relative being afraid to ask their doctor , often important questions , about their treatment.
    As we are better educated , I cannot account for the fact that it must be ignorance in people or those who lack something in themselves who resort to this sort of racially motivated abuse, online usually . I really can't understand all this vitriol against not just one particular person but the whole traveller group. In my life I have come across all sorts and believe there are good as well as bad in every group in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Fine.....

3cd9eb8ec5a59f66c5de113d3f875831.png

Her husband can threaten a pensioner with a tent peg but saying something critical about her is the breaking point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

tuxy wrote: »
    Fine.....

3cd9eb8ec5a59f66c5de113d3f875831.png

Her husband can threaten a pensioner with a tent peg but saying something critical about her is the breaking point!

What????

I'm talking about the other posters taking over and bringing up rubbish to throw this thread off.

Of course talk about that utter scum bag.

He shouldn't in any way be free to walk the streets or rob for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yes , I would too . But I am not , at the risk of being shouted down here because it's not what people want to hear, a member of an ethnic minority . Also I have known people with difficulties in literacy or confidence dealing with educated people , to have problems asking for help. There are vulnerable members in every community, and blaming and trashing them is not fair or right.

And since this thread is about Margaret cash, the self appointed homeless queen, stealing and having 39 criminal convictions, approx 1.5 for each year she’s been on this earth, what do you have to say about that?
    With all due respect the carrickmines case has nothing to do with Margaret cash if you’re so hell bent on not tarring all travellers with the same brush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

The pigs must be flying tonight, Margaret has decided to actually look into spending some cash on accomodation. :eek:

554aa97cd12ea0a4ad05f42c015bb33a.png

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement