Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

And the raffle for the car!

If she wins the car she'll probably be complaining that the government is robbing her by only providing her with a one car garage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

And the raffle for the car!
    She needs that car to move the stolen property I would say...

I just seen in her comments
    "Not mh forever home hun still emergancy accom but a step closer thank h hun x"

The hard "work" continues for Margaret!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Screenshots/quotes of all this would be appreciated by those of us not on FB.

They go along the lines of:

"U deserve it hun"

"No1 desrves it mor hun"

"Congrats hun n d angles"

It would sicken you.
    (No one said that BTW)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

gmisk wrote: »
    I just seen in her comments

The hard "work" continues for Margaret!!!!!!

Ah the poor bugger.......

So much hardship for one hard working mother.....

Oh wait are we talking about cash yup yup cash.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Screenshots/quotes of all this would be appreciated by those of us not on FB.

Her announcement:
    b7e1f14400cfef45ae5c8c4cccf96d7d.png

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    Her announcement:
    b7e1f14400cfef45ae5c8c4cccf96d7d.png
    Read her own comment later on
    She got a house but its not her "forever" home......so the fight continues against the robbing gubernment.....id say...:rolleyes:

Apparently still temporary accomodation but I'm sure it will just transition to being their forever home because I'd say good luck in getting Margaret to ever leave especially once she's put in her expensive, gold furniture and many cabinets full of crystal and ornaments.

d77b2925c11d9c42966b624008fa25b9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

50516637_2276159375750610_8814339525045125120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=1e3180e4943c7a5f37b8c80c7d5fb4db&oe=5CBE5BD6

51109444_2276159499083931_3038802680337137664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=cf0d7b471ac371d15da6045ae41eaf7a&oe=5CB5AE9F

50528987_2276163769083504_3627935656337997824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=dc9f527ed65a93a6e481c8b45eed40b6&oe=5CC4596A

50708411_2276165422416672_4741691259683340288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=68f1b2dc7816b52fa79bb0c16eccf11b&oe=5CF83BB2

50396387_2276168625749685_5876006158510063616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=2c3e67037e757f0570d6cc9c37dbb622&oe=5CB8E46F

50531510_2276168719083009_8856908483514073088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=6f2c4fef2bce1c092db3750e3fe5ae9f&oe=5CCD4A4C

50514886_2276171289082752_5663729951115837440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=df853df7b0003f6617eabcd3b5c7b7a2&oe=5D005790

50780459_2276171375749410_1306886208038633472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=5647b170ecca9835fac058b7f96e12cc&oe=5CC5F915

50211403_2276171572416057_1068996400533995520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=c9e068053f4fce09f869f28e58a017d5&oe=5D011575

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Some thing is very wrong when someone like this gets so much for so little from the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Despite the AH obsession with all the free stuff she gets, I doubt many would trade places with her.

Despite the AH obsession with all the free stuff she gets, I doubt many would trade places with her.

Explain?

Get paid to have a huge family and do nothing and get paid some more.... Sounds pretty good.

Travellers in general are a wash with cash and not mags cash I mean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Makes me wonder why any of us physically get up in the mornings and go out busting our holes in work, to make ends meet..while this sprog popper, who wouldn't know the term employment (let alone spell it) if it came up behind her and bit her in the arsch!
    It's also crap like this that bugs me, when I was out of work 4 years ago, I was entitled to a grand sum of €58.80 a week, all because my OH was in a full time job. Also because of that, I wasn't entitled to rent allowance or any other added extras.
    Gubberment robbing her my eye...they are robbing us to give to wastes of vital resources like her!

Sorry for the rant....:)

Would I like to trade places with a "single" mother with 7 kids who hasn't worked a day in her life.
    Hmmm let me have a think...:rolleyes:

I dont think many people would, but that isnt the point, should she have any personal responsibility for the situation she has put herself in?
    Has she worked at any stage? or tried to work?
    Has she tried to better her life at any stage, bar staging some pictures with her kids in a Gardai station in their school uniforms and robbing?
    Should she be angry with the government, despite the fact she gets tens of thousands of euro free from the state every year to support her?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I'd love to know from those commenting on her myfacepage in what way does she 'deserve' the house?

What exactly does she 'deserve' it for?

• Advertisement

I'd love to know from those commenting on her myfacepage in what way does she 'deserve' the house?

What exactly does she 'deserve' it for?

Their logic seems to be that the longer you have to wait, the more you deserve it.

Her many Facebook commenters only serve to show how big this problem actually is because you just know ever single one of them is doing the same as her. No work, many kids, free house, whole life a joy-ride paid for by the state and in turn the taxpayer..

Get paid to have a huge family and do nothing and get paid some more.... Sounds pretty good.

What's stopping you so? - off with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Sure she's entitled to it

"No matter what I have done in my past, it doesn't take away from the fact that I have a right to be housed."

Same attitude from her supporters

Most people's sence of decency!

I can't have babies.....

I'm a guy so straight away I'm actually been discriminated against as I would never get what she does.

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Sure she's entitled to it

"No matter what I have done in my past, it doesn't take away from the fact that I have a right to be housed."

Same attitude from her supporters
    That is definitely hers and there attitude, but as far as I know Ireland doesn't have a right to housing via the constitution or in law?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

In fairness I'd say they have trouble actually purchasing property themselves like normal people.

The chances are that it would end up being seized by CAB at some point in the future. You're better off not legally owning anything of note in that world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Stop being smart alecky.

If he or she does that thats another taxpayer less to subsidise Margaret, her husband and her big family.

Anyone struggling to make ends meet is entitled to ask what is it all about. just swallow your pride, give up the job and spend the day on facebook backslapping the other leeches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

gmisk wrote: »
    That is definitely hers and there attitude, but as far as I know Ireland doesn't have a right to housing via the constitution or in law?

100%

Dáil defeats Bill that would make housing a constitutional right

https://www.thejournal.ie/right-to-housing-bill-3609627-Sep2017/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Explain?

There's one lad lives in my locality,never saw him do a days work yet when he's in a shop he's pulling out wads of 50's at the till.
    Guess what,he was given a 'forever home' too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

€84,000 a year and a free house in the location she wants.

Just to clarify, that's €84k a year net pay... i.e. take-home pay. So you would need to be on a salary of €140,000 per year to have the same amount of take-home pay. Or €120,000 salary if you're factoring in seven children and claiming child allowance as part of your income.

You know what, she's dead right to be doing what she's doing.

Most people's sence of decency!

Doubt it.

It's because hardy anyone would want to swap places with her because I'd imagine her life isn't exactly a barrel of laughs - it's certainly a lot ****tier than my life.

You should ask yourself if you're kicking up or kicking down.

Of course you wouldn't be be able to harvest as many 'thanks' from those kinds of considerations , so, rabble, rabble ,rabble, etc.

Didnt someone calculate it at 50k nett pay. She would be on about 80k gross to have the income transferred from taxpayers to her bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just to clarify, that's €84k a year net pay... i.e. take-home pay. So you would need to be on a salary of €140,000 per year to have the same amount of take-home pay. Or €120,000 salary if you're factoring in seven children and claiming child allowance as part of your income.

Kicking up, definitely up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

tretorn wrote: »
    Didnt someone calculate it at 50k nett pay. She would be on about 80k gross to have the income transferred from taxpayers to her bank account.

Someone had calculated it as a little over 50K but that included HAP which she does not get. I don't think there is a way to calculate the cost of tempera y accommodation as it varies.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the €84,000 figure, no idea where that came from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Has she moved to the hub yet ?

She wont be happy paying €50 a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Would I want to trade places with her and be a traveller?

ABSOFCUKINLUTELYNOT.

That said, I don't agree with people getting stuff for free.

She won't pay a bob towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No they gave her a temporary house in the location she wanted (Tallagh)
    I have a feeling this won't be so temporary, she has been watching too many anti eviction protests to go without a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Really pity her new neighbours

They will never get her out, they are probably saving face by saying its temporary and probably asked her to tone down the celebrating so hundreds more wont go to Garda Stations at 10pm tonight.

This country is a joke, no one is in charge.

I see the cervicalcancer screening system is now belly up because Harris promised unnecessary free retesting, he was advised not to do this by people who know what they are talking about but he did it anyway. Thats more money wasted on top of the tripling of the budget for the new childrens hospital.

In the overall scheme of things one house for one family isnt a big deal and at least the children will be near their school. I hope Mags is suitably grateful and will git along with her neighbours.

Really pity her new neighbours

Hopefully there won't be anything to pity.
    Hopefully she realises what she's been given.
    Hopefully the kids will be well behaved neighbours.

Hopefully it will be reported without bias in the media if not.

I pity the neighbours too but at least if they are renting they can move.

Its the poor feckers stuck with mortgages you would feel most sorry for.

Hopefully there won't be anything to pity.
    Hopefully she realises what she's been given.
    Hopefully the kids will be well behaved neighbours.

Hopefully it will be reported without bias in the media if not.

Hopefully I'll stay in paid employment and contribute my tax take towards her forever house. :(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Hopefully I'll stay in paid employment and contribute my tax take towards her forever house. :(:(:(:(:(

You and me both buddy.

Doubt it.

It's because hardy anyone would want to swap places with her because I'd imagine her life isn't exactly a barrel of laughs - it's certainly a lot ****tier than my life.

Of course you wouldn't be be able to harvest as many 'thanks' from those kinds of considerations , so, rabble, rabble ,rabble, etc.

If her life is such a struggle why did she continue to have children.
    She's being struggling to find accommodation with years but she/her children was suffering so much she continued to have children.
    I have seen people go down the same road as her(have lots of children and never work) and they never seem to care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Its really hard to find the balance

I know a single mother with 2 kids renting an apartment from the council. She is on the breadline and when her youngest turns 7 she is down to €50 less a week to live off

And then there is this Cash one. Completely taking the p!ss . However it seems like the goverments main priority is get travellers into houses

Doubt it.

Where have you been, she has sh1te loads of cash and has quite a life, partying, splashing out on stuff people would only dream of, cash for cars, cash for a caravan, has plenty of time to be out while others are stealing from those that make her living possible, steals for the craic, husband is a criminal also and beats the elderly and yet you seem to think she doesn't have an easy life.

I'm actually lost for words.

If her life is such a struggle why did she continue to have children.
    She's being struggling to find accommodation with years but she/her children was suffering so much she continued to have children.
    I have seen people go down the same road as her(have lots of children and never work) and they never seem to care.

Because it's her culture and she knows no better. And she's foisting that future on her kids too.

• Advertisement

What do we call a traveller in a house????

They no longer travel and to be honest with you when did cash ever travel???? Apart from the stunt with the caravan to get her back into a house.

She didn't pay her part of the hap so is a very very cute pup..... She will no longer have to contribute the already free money she gets handed each week, month and so on.

Its really hard to find the balance

I know a single mother with 2 kids renting an apartment from the council. She is on the breadline and when her youngest turns 7 she is down to €50 less a week to live off

And then there is this Cash one. Completely taking the p!ss . However it seems like the goverments main priority is get travellers into houses

Nothing wrong with welfare being paid to those who need it (no matter what your ethnicity is) but like you said, there are those who take the p*ss and get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Doubt it.

No different to Margaret harvesting 'likes' on Facebook from similar minded people who thinks she deserves a house for simply being on a waiting list. Like minded people tend to agree with each other. Shock horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Doubt it.

Kicking up.

Margaret decided to take up her career as a Margaret when she was 16. I was doing things like boxing, collecting my JC results, trying to get my Swiss roll, drinking cans in fields.

Doing a Margaret wouldn't have been a viable option given my own circumstances. It wouldn't have crossed my mind anyway. I had other things on.

At this stage of my life I've other commitments which would render any such a career change unviable.

Anyway I'm not the correct gender for that career. Although in this day and age anything is possible.

It's not so much a career as a much a vocation. Is the old Margareting for a living. You've to be determined and committed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What do we call a traveller in a house????

They no longer travel and to be honest with you when did cash ever travel???? Apart from the stunt with the caravan to get her back into a house.

She didn't pay her part of the hap so is a very very cute pup..... She will no longer have to contribute the already free money she gets handed each week, month and so on.
    I think she grew up in a caravan with her aunt. She would have been on rent allowance. HAP is different because the government finally admitted that people were taking rent allowance and keeping it. With HAP, the government portion is paid directly to the landlord and the tenant's portion is taken from their social welfare.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement