Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refuse collection in Letterkenny

• 17-10-2018 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've just moved back to Letterkenny this week having lived away for 6 years, just wondering what the story is with refuse these days? There's a Ferrys bin out the back but from stories I've read I think I'll be steering clear of them :pac:

Any recommendations on who to go with and what the payment procedure is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Hey, I've just moved back to Letterkenny this week having lived away for 6 years, just wondering what the story is with refuse these days? There's a Ferrys bin out the back but from stories I've read I think I'll be steering clear of them :pac:

Any recommendations on who to go with and what the payment procedure is?

I use DM Waste and buy labels as needed. I think you can phone them to set up direct debit if you prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

You can put DM waste labels on the Ferry’s bin. Check with your neighbours or the shop which week to put out the black or green bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Be aware of the different colours as well - DM Waste is blue for recycling and green for regular rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Thanks. I haven't moved in yet but fairly sure the Ferry's bin we have is grey, guessing that'll be no good then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Thanks. I haven't moved in yet but fairly sure the Ferry's bin we have is grey, guessing that'll be no good then?
    It will be grand for your general rubbish but you will need a blue (or more distinctive) one for the recycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A few posts above moved to this new dedicated thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Give DM waste a ring to register and they will bring you out a blue bin and a bar code sticker for the existing bin. They told me the red Ferry's bin is no good for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Just to update, the grey ferrys bin was fine and they delivered a blue one free of charge. Thanks for the help

Advertisement