Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Bike Lane Directions

Options
  • 18-10-2018 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

While cycling in this morning my mind was on overdrive and wondering if using the bike lanes in the Phoenix Park (Main Road - Chesterfield Ave) can you go both directions in the one lane or are you meant to cycle in the left lane as if driving a car? I haven't seen any signage to indicate if that is the case

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

conor06 wrote: »
    While cycling in this morning my mind was on overdrive and wondering if using the bike lanes in the Phoenix Park (Main Road - Chesterfield Ave) can you go both directions in the one lane or are you meant to cycle in the left lane as if driving a car? I haven't seen any signage to indicate if that is the case

bike lanes have directions. There's a picture of a bike, and you travel from the base of the wheels to the crossbar
    In this spot in Phoenix park you can see three of those pictures, and its clear which way you should be going each time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Sure it does not matter as there is all sorts of non cyclists in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Boscoirl wrote: »

A work colleague was telling me about this today, she was heading down steps when she heard commotion up above and was hoping the cyclist was okay, said driver of car didnt stop. She was afraid ay first being a woman in such a dark environment. Glad to see he is alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

RayCun wrote: »
    bike lanes have directions. There's a picture of a bike, and you travel from the base of the wheels to the crossbar
    In this spot in Phoenix park you can see three of those pictures, and its clear which way you should be going each time

To be fair, there are a lot of instances where the orientation of the bike marking spontaneously changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Logic would tell you to be on the cycle lane on the side of the road you would be on if on the road ,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

It safer to just cycle on the road. Cycle lane on chesterfield avenue is a free for all with pedestrians, pushchairs, pets and people going the wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

retalivity wrote: »
    It safer to just cycle on the road. Cycle lane on chesterfield avenue is a free for all with pedestrians, pushchairs, pets and people going the wrong way

And always blocked by at least one Garda car.

Advertisement