Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBT expired

Options
  • 18-10-2018 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone sorry if this question has come up before and hopefully I can get a quick answer, as I may be needing the bike for an upcoming job in just over a week's time

My IBT is due to expire very soon. I know I should have got my full licence by now. But I have been so busy with everything. Although I know that's still not a good excuse for letting something so important lapse by the wayside.

So can I book a test and then renew my provisional and ride with an outdated IBT certificate?

Also is there a place in Mayo where I can have my bike serviced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

I got my IBTin 2013 and did my test this year. Ibt was expired since 2015 but there was some loophole that meant I didn't have to re-do stage 5. Something to do with the instructor explaining it or expiry date not clearly marked on the cert. They may have closed this since.

You should be able to renew learner permit without any problems. When looking for 3rd learner permit they look for proof that you've attempted your test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Thanks I booked a test before renewing my permit just incase it was needed, turns out it wasn't but still I should do the test anyway. Although strangely it's no longer possible to do the test in Castlebar only Ballina.

I'd appreciate if anyone knew of a place in Mayo where I could take my bike and get it serviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

A few instructors will do a "refresher course" for people who's IBT expired for a fraction of the cost of the full IBT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BazaVamp

CorkCBR6 wrote: »
    A few instructors will do a "refresher course" for people who's IBT expired for a fraction of the cost of the full IBT!

Abit late to the party. In kildare, do you know anyone who could do this. Been qouted 500 for modual 5.

Advertisement