Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Broadband

Options
  • 18-10-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi,

I am moving into Applewood (Castleview) Swords in two weeks time and am currently looking at TV/Broadband providers.
    I currently live in the city centre and use Virgin Media but they are charging too much with no sports and have a better offer from Eir.

I have hear from a few people that the Broadband is poor with Eir. I play online Poker and work from home on occasions so just need a reliable broadband service at good speeds.
    I would appreciate if people could let me know in the area what providers they use and what their broadband speeds are like?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Virgin is pretty much everywhere in and around Applewood / Castleview up to 360mb, Eir fibre is in some bits and not others, you'd need to check your proposed address on their BB checker.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Excellent speeds (75MB + on wifi) from Eir Fibre in the village - when they're not having a national outage!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Excellent speeds (75MB + on wifi) from Eir Fibre in the village - when they're not having a national outage!

Thanks - Will go with the Eir due to the BT Sports Addon and it is significantly cheaper than what I am paying Virgin Media at present

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bluezar wrote: »
    Thanks - Will go with the Eir due to the BT Sports Addon and it is significantly cheaper than what I am paying Virgin Media at present

You can probably ring Virgin and get them to discount you for 9 months if you can be bothered, they are quite generous with their customer retention, I got 1/2 price and a free media Hub for 9 months last time, they also give you the new Virgin Sports channel for free, but its defo not was good as BT Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Inquitus wrote: »
    You can probably ring Virgin and get them to discount you for 9 months if you can be bothered, they are quite generous with their customer retention, I got 1/2 price and a free media Hub for 9 months last time, they also give you the new Virgin Sports channel for free, but its defo not was good as BT Sports.

Thanks - been with Virgin for years and play the discount cat and mouse game every year but the fact you I can't get BT sports is annoying me. Got all of the Eir Sport pack and Sky Sports added for less than what I am paying Virgin at the moment so made the switch today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement