Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Gintonious wrote: »
    Really? I've never heard that one before.

At better excuse you could have come up with was that Khabibs cauliflower ears hindered his ability to hear McGregor say anything. You can use that one if you want, I'll let you.

Na, I could just show you where khabib said a few weeks ago that he can't understand anything mcgregor says.

What I said about remembering fights is true though, you sure you watch mma? Lots of fighters bring it up when doing interviews afterwards, when people ask how they thought the fight went.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

spix wrote: »
    Na, I could just show you where khabib said a few weeks ago that he can't understand anything mcgregor says.

What I said about remembering fights is true though, you sure you watch mma? Lots of fighters bring it up when doing interviews afterwards, when people ask how they thought the fight went.

Yeah I'm sure I watch MMA, thanks.

You referring to fighters who think they win and aren't happy with a decision or the ones who got knocked out and shouldn't be (are no longer) interviewed after a fight? Neither really matters, Khabib was there and heard what he said, as did most of the other people who listened back.

Your subjective hearing and fanboy levels might hinder your ability to understand that.

Yeah I'm sure I watch MMA, thanks.

You referring to fighters who think they win and aren't happy with a decision or the ones who got knocked out and shouldn't be (are no longer) interviewed after a fight? Neither really matters, Khabib was there and heard what he said, as did most of the other people who listened back.

Your subjective hearing and fanboy levels might hinder your ability to understand that.

The only people with subjective hearing are those who think the audio contains the word its or only or business. In fact I can't even fathom how subjective hearing could make you hear 'its only business' I'm certain anyone that says that is either lying or never even paid attention to the audio. I've tried to convince myself it actually contained those words, because unlike many people I just wanted to find out what the audio really was, not just have something I can use to bash someone.

The only people with subjective hearing are those who think the audio contains the word its or only or business. In fact I can't even fathom how subjective hearing could make you hear 'its only business' I'm certain anyone that says that is either lying or never even paid attention to the audio. I've tried to convince myself it actually contained those words, because unlike many people I just wanted to find out what the audio really was, not just have something I can use to bash someone.

Yes, everyone else has subjective hearing, has to be the case. Couldn't be that he did actually say that, and that you don't like that he said it.

Yes, everyone else has subjective hearing, has to be the case. Couldn't be that he did actually say that, and that you don't like that he said it.

No, because if you actually analyze the audio it is literally impossible those words were said. The first word clearly beings with F, and the second word clearly begins with C or K. End of story. And I guarantee anyone who listens to the audio carefully would also come to that conclusion if they are being neutral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Jesus lads who cares. Obviously Khabib and Ali are going to say that's what he said regardless of what was actually said. Everyone's gonna twist it to suit their own bias so it doesn't really matter.

I'm starting to really come around to the idea of Conor v Aldo 2. Have always wanted to see what would've happened if that fight went longer.

No, because if you actually analyze the audio it is literally impossible those words were said. The first word clearly beings with F, and the second word clearly begins with C or K. End of story. And I guarantee anyone who listens to the audio carefully would also come to that conclusion if they are being neutral.

You are the only one analyzing it, everyone else was just listening to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Call me a fanboy if you want, stick and stones and all that but I defo heard

'What do you want for Christmas' :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Temp suspensions for McGregor and Khabib.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

The Mirror and other reporting it as an "indefinate suspension" in their headlines trying to bait them clicks.

Khabib got half his purse back. He'll get most of the rest of it back in December and a slap on the wrist suspension.

• Advertisement

You are the only one analyzing it, everyone else was just listening to it.

Everyone else was just automatically believing the subtitles. Theres many people who think the quote is wrong not just me. Anyway I'm really done talking bout this now. I can't take these kind of replies seriously since hearing the cleaner version of the audio, just feel like I'm feeding trolls.

DpQ9YJl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Khabib got half his purse back. He'll get most of the rest of it back in December and a slap on the wrist suspension.
    Wouldn't be so sure as they called him the catalyst of it all.... both also have to appear in person in December, so should be interesting.

Vegas at Christmas, can see them requesting a date change on that.

Wouldn't be so sure as they called him the catalyst of it all.... both also have to appear in person in December.

They'll both be told they're very naughty boys, given a 6 momth suspension and a slap on the wrist and be aked to promise it will never happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Can someone link me the clean audio of 'it's only business'. What do we think he actually said?

Can someone link me the clean audio of 'it's only business'. What do we think he actually said?

https://streamable.com/7gdyc

Right click, play at 1/2 speed.

What do you think it is after listening to it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

playing it 1.5 makes "throwing kisses" even clearer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭mistersifter

He most definitely didn't say "it's only business".

Possibly said, "dont kiss us" but not even a fellow dub can be 100% certain, never mind Americans who dont get that we use "us" when we mean "me". This being the case, I wouldnt pay the blindest bit of attention to the likes of Paulie Malignaggi.

He most definitely didn't say "it's only business".

Possibly said, "dont kiss us" but not even a fellow dub can be 100% certain, never mind Americans who dont get that we use "us" when we mean "me". This being the case, I wouldnt pay the blindest bit of attention to the likes of Paulie Malignaggi.

Most important part is that there is an unmistakable c/k sound, so yes 'its only business' is completely out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Most important part is that there is an unmistakable c/k sound, so yes 'its only business' is completely out the window.

Your after saying about 3 or 4 times that you'll wished up about it.

• Advertisement

Your after saying about 3 or 4 times that you'll wished up about it.

Not getting into pointless arguments about it but if someone asks a question, don't see any reason not to reply

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

I'm not even sure it's mctapper talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Not getting into pointless arguments about it but if someone asks a question, don't see any reason not to reply

Ok. Question. How can you be 100% sure what he didn't say but at the same the you haven't a notion what he did say, besides throwing kisses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Never mind 1/2 speed, play it at double speed and it looks like a Benny Hill sketch! :pac:

Ok. Question. How can you be 100% sure what he didn't say but at the same the you haven't a notion what he did say, besides throwing kisses

I don't think its throwing kisses. I already said what I think it is but its still totally possible to be able to cancel out one possibility without having the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

cliggg wrote: »

Ok it's confirmed McGregor said "Witholding Purses"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When I read some people in this thread;

464555.jpg

When I read some people in this thread;

464555.jpg

Amazing file name :PAC:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

watching that sons spin off show the Mayans and Conor gets a mention, fight scene between two members and one says you looked like Conor Mc Gregor in there!

Cue all the jokes...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement