Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Till calling out McGregor. I like Till, I'm a big fan, travelled to watch him - but a guy who recently said he's 70% moving to 185 calling out a 155er isn't really a good look for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

dulux99 wrote: »
    Till calling out McGregor. I like Till, I'm a big fan, travelled to watch him - but a guy who recently said he's 70% moving to 185 calling out a 155er isn't really a good look for him.

Dont worry wont last Ben askren will break darren up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

They really fcuked up with till. They should have had a slow build, him winning and getting camera time over 2 years before really cracking into the top 5. McG was a great example of a slow build allowing McG to build a fan base through his personality and performances.

What does till do now? No possibility of 'easy' fights. I think Perry will beat cowboy and then Till Vs Perry.

As said above keep him away from Askren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Surely they'll keep him and as far away from Askren as possible. If they do that fight then it just proves what everyone already knows, Askren can dominate a somewhat one dimensional stand up fighter.

You're right JJayoo about a slow buildup. Apart from the Siver fight they did a brilliant job of testing him more and more every time and he became a superstar without winning the title.

Perry will beat cowboy and Woodley will beat Coby, so they would be two good matchups for till which would allow plenty of camera time for till and plenty of back and forth.

Thou Coby is good.

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Perry will beat cowboy and Woodley will beat Coby, so they would be two good matchups for till which would allow plenty of camera time for till and plenty of back and forth.

Thou Coby is good.

Askren screaming from the roofs for Till. And thats only going one way. Ground, Mauled and Ben victorious

Commanchie wrote: »
    Askren screaming from the roofs for Till. And thats only going one way. Ground, Mauled and Ben victorious

What will happen with him because he has said he will not fight Woodley.

JJayoo wrote: »
    What will happen with him because he has said he will not fight Woodley.

He will have to ben is a real talent. I think hed put it up to twood. I cant wait to see ben and darren fix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He will have to ben is a real talent. I think hed put it up to twood. I cant wait to see ben and darren fix up.

He probably would, but he's hid coach and has categorically said he won't fight him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

165 will be introduced before Funky Vs T-Wood becomes reality.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    He probably would, but he's hid coach and has categorically said he won't fight him.

He said at this time. He will need to fight him if he wants to become WW champ. He said they wont fight as theyre friends. Tito and Chuck were friends also.

He said at this time. He will need to fight him if he wants to become WW champ. He said they wont fight as theyre friends. Tito and Chuck were friends also.

Tito and Chuck were not friends from the age of 17 through a national highschool tournament, university program, and Olympics cycle.

Askren and Woodley are friends since they were in highschool. It's different.

They won't fight.

But with the 125 division closing 165 is far mor likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭PapaOscar

Woodley will move up sooner or later.

Tito were not friends from the age of 17 through a national highschool tournament, university program, and Olympics cycle.

Askren and Woodley are friends since they were in highschool. It's different.

They won't fight.

But with the 125 division closing 165 is far mor likely.

So he will allow a legacy be gone cause hes friends. I personally wouldnt if I was at top if my game id want that belt.

Tito and Chuck were friends also.
    No they weren't.

Tito said they were friends, and played it up in order to duck Chuck.
    Chuck said "we're not friends, I want that belt"
    So he will allow a legacy be gone cause hes friends. I personally wouldnt if I was at top if my game id want that belt.

He has paths to a belt that don't go through Woodley.
    They'll book Woodley v Colby, and Askren v Till/RDA
    If Cobly wins, the Askren fight sells itself.

If Woodley wins, then there is the option to split WW into 165/175. Askren goes after the 165 title.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

165 will be introduced before Funky Vs T-Wood becomes reality.

Exactly this, they will never be forced to face each other as the UFC will introduce 165 and Askren will be given a title fight right of the bat for that while Woodley stays where he is.

funky retired. If the UFC try make him fight Tyron he will stay retired. It's that simple.

But you're not in their position, and you haven't been team mates for the entirity of your adult life, so you really can't pretend you would do anything if you were in their shoes, because you never will be.

Tony mcgregor getting in the ring for a charity gig? Say it aint so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

Tony mcgregor getting in the ring for a charity gig? Say it aint so.

Him going againts Khabibs dad would be a good one, id pay to see that:)

• Advertisement

Him going againts Khabibs dad would be a good one, id pay to see that:)

Fighting your man from off the ball. Khabibs oul lads hands like a claw hammer. Tony be smeshedd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Fighting your man from off the ball. Khabibs oul lads hands like a claw hammer. Tony be smeshedd

Haha check out his grandads monster hands

NINTCHDBPICT000444090688.jpg?strip=all&w=960

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

xtal191 wrote: »

Shovels hands my God.

Shovels hands my God.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mmmayonaise

Still cannot believe that Conor could not look Khabib in the eyes right before the fight in the centre of the octagon.

All that horrible trash talk and he couldn't even look him in the eyes.

I find that cowardly and it set the tone for the fight.

After rewatching if there is a second fight Khabib will just toy with him again.

Still cannot believe that Conor could not look Khabib in the eyes right before the fight in the centre of the octagon.

After rewatching if there is a second fight Khabib will just toy with him again.

Smell of ****e off your da.

I dont believe conor would step into the octagon as unprepared again. I believe he will not emphasise the take down defence and he will focus on putting him away and fine tuning his hands again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ASOT wrote: »
    Smell of ****e off your da.

Enough with the stupid posts like this, it adds nothing to the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Got them Shane Carwin hands.

• Advertisement

That looks like a combination of big hands and a medical condition tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement