Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

xtal191 wrote: »
    NINTCHDBPICT000444090688.jpg?strip=all&w=960

Looks a little familiar....

breaking-bad-gif-mike-ehrmantraut-5009115.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭paulieeye

evil_seed wrote: »
    You can buy the WBC belt yourself if you have a spare $2.5k lying around.

and the UFC belt!

http://www.ufcstore.com/MMA_UFC/Mens_UFC_2.0_Replica_Championship_Belt/partnerid/14084

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

paulieeye wrote: »

Every time I go to an event im always staggered at the amount of grown men walking around with these.One lad I saw at 229 was going around with the belt around his waist and had two UFC gloves on. He was about 30. To each their own I suppose !

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

dulux99 wrote: »
    Every time I go to an event im always staggered at the amount of grown men walking around with these.One lad I saw at 229 was going around with the belt around his waist and had two UFC gloves on. He was about 30. To each their own I suppose !

Same ive seen alot of it. I suppose its like the fixation that men who watch WWF have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I don't believe you.... well I don't want to believe you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

What? I always watch UFC™ while wearing my UFC™ branded gloves. When I start training UFC™ (real soon, I swear) I'll be able to wear my UFC™ shorts somewhere other than the couch. I'm gonna kick so much ass.

Hey I was looking at Fight Pass™ the other day, and there were loads of other UFC's but they were called different names. Some of them didn't even have punching or kicking or anything. Whats up with that

Have you never seen this. Sure habibs fans were in vegas wearing his Pukahta hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Watched some of that lads fights over the last few days.
    Incredible talent. I've not seen many more intelligent strikers than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is he not tiny though ? He looks very small next to Floyd and recently fought Horiguchi. It's just such a strange situation. I'm dying to find out what rules it's going to contested under. If the lad can use any sort of kicks then Floyd is f*cked.

• Advertisement

Watched some of that lads fights over the last few days.
    Incredible talent. I've not seen many more intelligent strikers than him.

Hes been offered to move over by 2 promotions for last number of years. Id imagine floyd will not want to compromise his own skill set and will be a stright up boxing match rule set with maybe clinches.

Is he not tiny though ? He looks very small next to Floyd and recently fought Horiguchi. It's just such a strange situation. I'm dying to find out what rules it's going to contested under. If the lad can use any sort of kicks then Floyd is f*cked.

Very small size wise. Walk around weights of both are 8kg apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Economic segment on Matt Cooper on today FM and they on about McGregor for 10mins.

Dillon Danis and a few members of Khabib's team have hearings with the NAC on November 14th regarding the post fight brawl.
    https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/11/8/18074624/dillon-danis-zubaira-tukhugov-others-involved-in-ufc-229-brawl-facing-discipline-nevada-commission

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Commanchie wrote: »
    Very small size wise. Walk around weights of both are 8kg apart.

See it's cancelled now.

Watched some of that guy's fights, he's lightning quick, again with a dangerous left, but a straight boxing match would play to Mayweather's favour.

See it's cancelled now.

Watched some of that guy's fights, he's lightning quick, again with a dangerous left, but a straight boxing match would play to Mayweather's favour.

Yeah apparently wanted a Boxing fight with normal ruleset said he never heard of him even though he stood squared off with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Floyd knows how to get money coming in, probably got a nice paycheck to do a press conference. Everyone wins, Floyd get paid, Rizin and Tenshin get publicity in the US they'd never get going down the usual routes, not sure if it will actually translate to more people watching Rizin and Tenshin though.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Floyd knows how to get money coming in, probably got a nice paycheck to do a press conference. Everyone wins, Floyd get paid, Rizin and Tenshin get publicity in the US they'd never get going down the usual routes, not sure if it will actually translate to more people watching Rizin and Tenshin though.

Even the publicity for that week was unreal. Like tenshins insta or tweet to Conor was pr work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Conor must be on the sherbert early. WTF is he on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ONE wanted demetrious because he's a gamer, he's going to head their new esports division or something like that, esports are very popular in asia. He knew it would result in ufc firing all the bantamweights.

spix wrote: »
    ONE wanted demetrious because he's a gamer, he's going to head their new esports division or something like that, esports are very popular in asia. He knew it would result in ufc firing all the bantamweights.

DJ as a Gamer? Id imagine they wanted him cause he is a marvellous talent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Commanchie wrote: »
    DJ as a Gamer? Id imagine they wanted him cause he is a marvellous talent

Both... also quote from a recent article. He being Chatri

"He sees martial arts and media as a channel to create local heroes that will promote values like respect and love. It’s the antithesis of the UFC, where superstar fighters like Conor McGregor routinely shame and insult opponents."

There is a lot wrong with it. The UFC cut the division not Chatri, it wasn’t greed it was a trade, the fighters getting cut can still fight elsewhere, they are not prevented from working in other jobs doing advertising etc.., and Conor talking about respect and greed?? He won’t let any other fighters get points on his ppv’s and constantly calls other fighters bums and slags them off for making very little money! He should be tweeting Dana if he cares so much.

"He sees martial arts and media as a channel to create local heroes that will promote values like respect and love. It’s the antithesis of the UFC, where superstar fighters like Conor McGregor routinely shame and insult opponents."

But what conors said is right. By signing DJ he effectively wrote the division off the roster.

Ah so that explains Conor’s tweet to him then, he was having a go at the guy who had a go at him. He doesn’t care about the fighters getting cut he was just offended by what Chatri said.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

cliggg wrote: »
    There is a lot wrong with it. The UFC cut the division not Chatri, it wasn’t greed it was a trade, the fighters getting cut can still fight elsewhere, they are not prevented from working in other jobs doing advertising etc.., and Conor talking about respect and greed?? He won’t let any other fighters get points on his ppv’s and constantly calls other fighters bums and slags them off for making very little money! He should be tweeting Dana if he cares so much.

Regarding the PPV points, in fairness every fighter he has fought from Mendes onwards has still made more money off his name in that one fight than they would have in their entire career.

Paully D wrote: »
    Regarding the PPV points, in fairness every fighter he has fought from Mendes onwards has still made more money off his name in that one fight than they would have in their entire career.

I agree but I was referring to the co headliners from his ppvs, traditionally they get a smaller rate of the points as they are on the poster and part of the promotion but Conor doesn’t allow that now as part of his new deal. The fighter he is fighting still gets points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Cowboy says he is moving to 155 after the Perry fight.

McG Vs Cowboy is a very very marketable fight and one McG can win comfortably. Cowboy is very drained at 155.

The UFC could have McG beat Cowboy and then fight Diaz which could give them a full 12 months of McG hype, would make a lot of money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement