Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I thought it was common knowledge that McGregor gets 90% of the stuff he wears for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I thought it was common knowledge that McGregor gets 90% of the stuff he wears for free?

Does Mayweather? that's who he was referring to.
    Not many sponsors for Mayweather, since he's everything America hates (Black and a woman beater)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

PLOPS wrote: »
    Does Mayweather? that's who he was referring to.
    Not many sponsors for Mayweather, since he's everything America hates (Black and a woman beater)

Nothing got to do with him being black, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Nothing got to do with him being black, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Not my opinion, but if your Black and a Criminal in America sponsor's don't want to touch you. Look at Jon Jones, dropped straight away from all his sponsors.

Not my opinion, but if your Black and a Criminal in America sponsor's don't want to touch you. Look at Jon Jones, dropped straight away from all his sponsors.

Just a criminal I'd say! Tiger Woods had the biggest sponsorship deal in history at the time, an Lebron James probably does now. Both black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

cliggg wrote: »
    I didn't think much of the Notorious documentary, they glossed over or just plain ignored lots of stuff choosing instead to show lots of footage of Conor laughing at his own jokes. I'm glad I never paid money to see it in the cinema.

Agreed, after all the hype about it, I thought it was a real let down. Didn’t even show much coverage of the time around his “CHAMP CHAMP” victory.
    I think they actually thought he would beat Mayweather and it was going to have that as the main focus, in the end they had to stitch together some other available footage.
    Another thing, surprised, but he does seem quite distant from his coaches.

Only good thing about that show was the insight into his knee injury in the lead up to the Mendes fight. Rest was just all old ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Just a criminal I'd say! Tiger Woods had the biggest sponsorship deal in history at the time, an Lebron James probably does now. Both black.

And Jordan before Tiger.

No, White criminal athletes seem to be given second chances, Black athletes with criminal Records are stigmatised in the media and are discarded. Tiger Woods is very clean cut and up until the DUI had no criminal record and LeBron has no CR.

qwabercd wrote:
    And Jordan before Tiger.

Again, sponsors have no issue with Black athletes, but a Black criminal athlete? They have zero sponsorship power.

• Advertisement

No, White criminal athletes seem to be given second chances, Black athletes with criminal Records are stigmatised in the media and are discarded. Tiger Woods is very clean cut and up until the DUI had no criminal record and LeBron has no CR.

You're talking through your hoop lad. Tiger is still sponsord. Floyd still has massive sponsorship deals. Tell me all these black criminals that lost sponsorship deals? Jon Jones because hes a scumbag not because he was black.. Who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Don’t mind em Plops go and join the Black Panthers

Don’t mind em Plops go and join the Black Panthers

So pointing out Black Athletes with a criminal record have zero sponsorship power is Racist?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/mayweather-mcgregor/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-money-net-worth-live-fight-prize-money-sponsors-purse-earnings-a7895361.html%3famp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Daina saying that he thinks that he will face the Russian again in 19. Hopefully a deal in the making.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Agreed, after all the hype about it, I thought it was a real let down. Didn’t even show much coverage of the time around his “CHAMP CHAMP” victory.
    I think they actually thought he would beat Mayweather and it was going to have that as the main focus, in the end they had to stitch together some other available footage.
    Another thing, surprised, but he does seem quite distant from his coaches.

The main focus and reason for the doc was the Aldo fight and his road to winning his first title, he did so much after that they gathered footage to put an extra 20 minutes into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Daina saying that he thinks that he will face the Russian again in 19. Hopefully a deal in the making.

Much as I love McGregor, I don't want to see that again unless he gets some other wins first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭HappyAsLarE

Don’t know where you got that from my post.

Anyway stop playing the race card on others’ behalf. Some of the richest spots people ever are black. If a sponsor can justify giving an athlete money for commercial reasons, evidence shows they will. It’s got nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

Don’t know where you got that from my post.

Anyway stop playing the race card on others’ behalf. Some of the richest spots people ever are black. If a sponsor can justify giving an athlete money for commercial reasons, evidence shows they will. It’s got nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

What was your comment about the black Panthers about?

Maybe you can't read, but I'll break it down for you again. In America if you're Black and have a criminal record you will struggle to get sponsored, Floyd officially one year had zero from endorsements. He was the most highest paid sports person in the world but no one touched him commercially.

https://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/news/companies/mayweather-endorsements/index.html

https://lincolnmartin.com/blogs/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-sports-marketing/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

What was your comment about the black Panthers about?

Maybe you can't read, but I'll break it down for you again. In America if you're Black and have a criminal record you will struggle to get sponsored, Floyd officially one year had zero from endorsements. He was the most highest paid sports person in the world but no one touched him commercially.

https://money.cnn.com/2015/04/30/news/companies/mayweather-endorsements/index.html

https://lincolnmartin.com/blogs/mayweather-vs-pacquiao-sports-marketing/

Who cares, wrong tread.

Who cares, wrong tread.

I agree

Watched the CMg vs Khabib fight back yesterday and i thought he actually did better than I had felt watching it live, he got away with the knee to the head on the ground which on watching back you could see he had used his opposite leg to create a tension and then released it to garner more power. the worst person in the Octogon that night was Herb Dean, he allowed Mcg away with so many fouls, glove grabbing, fingers and toes in the cage. John Mcarthy wouldn't have allowed that go on as many times as it did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

fitzparker wrote: »
    The main focus and reason for the doc was the Aldo fight and his road to winning his first title, he did so much after that they gathered footage to put an extra 20 minutes into it.

The doc was made by SevereMMA. I think they got far less access after TheMacLife became a thing. I think it's a pretty good show for what footage they had.

dulux99 wrote: »
    The doc was made by SevereMMA. I think they got far less access after TheMacLife became a thing. I think it's a pretty good show for what footage they had.

SeverMMA had nothing to do with it, Motive TV productions produced it if i recall, they did the RTE Doc too.
    Who honestly goes onto MacLife though? just as bad a s BJPenn.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

SeverMMA had nothing to do with it, Motive TV productions produced it if i recall, they did the RTE Doc too.
    Who honestly goes onto MacLife though? just as bad a s BJPenn.com.

Those lying bastards

Check out @SevereMMA’;s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SevereMMA/status/1080238141238325249?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Whats next for mcgregor,i would not be a huige MMA fan at all,but did look in on mcgregor,he seems to be in the news for all the wrong reasons of late,but sure he is not the first or last,those that would have a greater interest than myself i ask will we see him fight again?and back to winning ways? "or" are they the million doller questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

SeverMMA had nothing to do with it....

SevereMMA's Graeme McDonnell was a producer.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6360994/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,132 ✭✭✭✭rob316

lolokeogh wrote: »
    Whats next for mcgregor,i would not be a huige MMA fan at all,but did look in on mcgregor,he seems to be in the news for all the wrong reasons of late,but sure he is not the first or last,those that would have a greater interest than myself i ask will we see him fight again?and back to winning ways? "or" are they the million doller questions?

He drinks more of his whiskey than trains so my guess would be - he'll fight again but probably won't beat any of the top LW fighters.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

lolokeogh wrote: »

He seems interested in fighting and has said he plans to fight again this year. He has to have a hearing with the NSAC about what happened after the Khabib fight before anything can be booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

rob316 wrote: »
    He drinks more of his whiskey than trains so my guess would be - he'll fight again but probably won't beat any of the top LW fighters.

yeah i get ya rob316..it seems like the pattern for sure..

dulux99 wrote: »

They aren't listed on the IMDB, Graeme from Severe was a producer. Not sure how SevereMMA can call it their doc.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Floyd officially one year had zero from endorsements. He was the most highest paid sports person in the world but no one touched him commercially.

What year did he earn zero from sponsors?
    Im surprised thst the big sports corporations had that much integrity

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement