Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Good in the air..

A keeper on par with Lorius Karius

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Scotty # wrote: »
    On the other hand, Khabib's motivation is not money at all (he still lives with his parents ffs!).

That's number one bull5hit. Of course he's motivated by money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Khabib says Conor saying it's only business was his way of telling him to relax and stop smeshing him. Also says he jumped on Dillon Danis only because the rest of Conor's team are too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

clsmooth wrote: »
    Doubt your uploading videos of yourself in the car listening to Toss It Up either :D

Can't even work my phone and usually takes a punch in the face or a takedown to wake me up.
    glasso wrote: »
    read somewhere else that it looks like he was out of it - looking intoxicated and slurring his words etc- sure it was him going to the gym for training or coming back from a night out?

why would he be going to the gym at 6am - doesn't make sense. not as if he has to be in an office for 9am or something!

all deleted afterwards also.

Hard BJJ session put on this morning. Most of the good grapplers in the gym train early so if you want a good session you have to go early and it's not unusual for him to be there at that time. Goes to show you can't believe half the ****e you read about him

Can't even work my phone and usually takes a punch in the face or a takedown to wake me up.

Hard BJJ session put on this morning. Most of the good grapplers in the gym train early so if you want a good session you have to go early and it's not unusual for him to be there at that time. Goes to show you can't believe half the ****e you read about him

fair enough if that's the case. why delete it all then? had seen a few different write that he looked fooked and out of it.

and that there were several posts in the car over a period of time between 6am and 8am, some of it when he's just sitting there saying nothing.

but would be weird to be actually at the gym if he was on the lash I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I see what you're trying to do but surely that would defeat the entire purpose of considering him as an MMA fighter.
    Except we've seen it happen before, MMA is a sport where you can completely neglect a part of a fighters repertoire and see what else they have. How well did Maia do against Silva when his BJJ was taken out of the fight, Okami when his wrestling was useless, Ronda without her Judo. Of course it's all theoretical until it actually happens, but the nature of the sport is that at some point you tend to come across someone who makes it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Interesting to see Khabib say Conor started to get weak after few minutes.

Still, shows what a big draw McGregor is. 4 months later, 27-0, LW champ and people are still asking about Conor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The man goes training at 7am an hes still accused of sitting outside the gym off his head haha how can ya believe anything you hear about him

The man goes training at 7am an hes still accused of sitting outside the gym off his head haha how can ya believe anything you hear about him

if it's not correct it's not correct.

why delete it all then tho?

haven't seen the videos myself that he posted.

have you?

one guy said that there was stuff posted in the car near 8am which would mean that he wasn't training at 7.

would seem weird that he'd be out on ****e Tuesday night in January but this is McGregor

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

The front page of the star today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

have you?

one guy said that there was stuff posted in the car near 8am which would mean that he wasn't training at 7.

would seem weird that he'd be out on ****e Tuesday night in January but this is McGregor
    Morning class is usually 6:30 to 7:30

have you?

Ya I saw them. Just him sitting in in his car listening to tunes with sbg in the background. Hes posted hundreds of videos like that over the years. Sorry so, 8 am not 7. Don't know why he deleted but didn't look anything odd about it to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Was it SBG Naas or HQ he was in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

have you?

Because if they are just him sitting there doing nothing they may have been accidental.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Was it SBG Naas or HQ he was in?

HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭robwen

The front page of the star today

So Conor vs the Rose of Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Except we've seen it happen before, MMA is a sport where you can completely neglect a part of a fighters repertoire and see what else they have. How well did Maia do against Silva when his BJJ was taken out of the fight, Okami when his wrestling was useless, Ronda without her Judo. Of course it's all theoretical until it actually happens, but the nature of the sport is that at some point you tend to come across someone who makes it happen.

Yes, that's all correct. It wasn't the question asked though, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Haha it didn't look like he had been training, looked off his head

I don't like to get sucked into this gossip type lark but I found a screenshot of the aforementioned Instagram story...he definitely doesn't look great!

I don't like to get sucked into this gossip type lark but I found a screenshot of the aforementioned Instagram story...he definitely doesn't look great!

Ah stop will ya. You could take a screenshot of anyone out of a video and make em look not great. Yeve been told he was training bjj at sbg an still trying to make uo stuff

Ah stop will ya. You could take a screenshot of anyone out of a video and make em look not great. Yeve been told he was training bjj at sbg an still trying to make uo stuff

What did I make up? I've not been involved in this debate. All I'm saying is he looks a bit rough. Nothing more nothing less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Does he train in the car?? He was posting between 6 - 8 from the back seat of the car

RoryMac wrote: »
    Does he train in the car?? He was posting between 6 - 8 from the back seat of the car

He stopped posting at 7:30. One the lads here said training starts 7:30.

RoryMac wrote: »

mmm what was he doing being driven around so long (6 to 730) in the back of a car that hour of the morning posting stuff where he was just spaced out saying nothing at times?

then all deleted later on in the morning

mmm what was he doing being driven around so long (6 to 730) in the back of a car that hour of the morning posting stuff where he was just spaced out saying nothing at times?

then all deleted later on in the morning

Well he is off the road so him being driven isn't too unusual. Not sure if that's what you were getting at though.

Well he is off the road so him being driven isn't too unusual. Not sure if that's what you were getting at though.

it's not - as you say being driven 'cos he's banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Won’t be long till someone gets a video of him snorting off a hookers hole and lads will be still defending him saying it’s dib dab

akelly02 wrote: »
    Won’t be long till someone gets a video of him snorting off a hookers hole and lads will be still defending him saying it’s dib dab

I don't doubt hes fond of the charlie, I've said it before. But how someone can be almost sure hes off his head in those clips is unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Lads I saw the stories this morning at 8am. 2 were from 2 hours ago at the time and the last was from 30mins before. Ties in with the times the fella above said the bjj goes on for. I’d say he was training.

I think it would be a new low to be parked up outside the gym sending videos off your banger, pretending to go training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Does anyone look great first thing in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

If he was taking coke with all his Buddies someone would haved recorded it by now. The amount of fake crap going on WhatsApp as well is unreal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement