Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Seen the video.

Jaysus he’s actually just chilled in the back of his lift and that’s it.

Nothing else, looks sleepy as we all do at 630 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Will someone send me his Snapchat username please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Do people still use Snapchat?

<snip>

23 mins 5 seconds

Mod: 1 week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Don't think anyone has his Snapchat name. These were on his Instagram stories. Its literally just a video of him sitting in the car listening to tunes

• Advertisement

<snip>

23 mins 5 seconds[/quote]

Someone reading the WhatsApps while podcasting??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

<snip>

23 mins 5 seconds[/quote]

Hahaha jesus christ what a load of bollox

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Lads, I wasn't kidding, now dishing out bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

RoryMac wrote: »
    Does he train in the car?? He was posting between 6 - 8 from the back seat of the car
    Probably just waiting in the car for the gym to open. Then went inside train. Pretty normal.

Mario - who coaches the morning sessions - posted this at 9am.
    6:30 am great rounds with @thenotoriousmma always pleasure to have a breakfast of a champions so early. #sbgireland

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-ITWGAoIN/

Mellor wrote: »
    Probably just waiting in the car for the gym to open. Then went inside train.

Mario - who coaches the morning sessions - posted this at 9am.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs-ITWGAoIN/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1acg9uglrggqw

He probably just went in to the gym for that pic then went back out the car snorting stuff..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

He probably just went in to the gym for that pic then went back out the car snorting stuff..

Can confirm, read a whatsapp message that said him and Mario went on a mad one. Off their faces so they were. Shocking stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Since when was Whatsfcukingapp a reliable source for anything.

mcg1.png

Fire must be some new drug that McGregor is taking. Shocking stuff really. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I heard McGregor and 12 sambo bears went on the lash together and then showed up at SBG HQ at 6am for a Royal Rumble type Sambo tourney, and he knocked them all out. Now Coach Mario says he's on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He turned me into a newt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I heard McGregor and 12 sambo bears went on the lash together and then showed up at SBG HQ at 6am for a Royal Rumble type Sambo tourney, and he knocked them all out. Now Coach Mario says he's on fire.

The bears weren't allowed in though, no flip flops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Every day that goes by I’m believing all this nonsense less and less.

I’m sure he’s dying to say something but can’t.

World is messed up since social media began.

Every day that goes by I’m believing all this nonsense less and less.

I’m sure he’s dying to say something but can’t.

World is messed up since social media began.

Yep... serious car accident in the M50 today and people are sending around a pic of a severed body part

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Yep... serious car accident in the M50 today and people are sending around a pic of a severed body part

Yep I’m one of them, felt horrible and a bit stupid afterwards though but it’s just instinct now to forward on stuff without thinking of the consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

WTF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Autecher wrote: »
    Khabib says Conor saying it's only business was his way of telling him to relax and stop smeshing him. Also says he jumped on Dillon Danis only because the rest of Conor's team are too old.

The only time this guy gets attention is when he mentions McGregor

• Advertisement

WTF?

Yeah and ****ing video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

The only time this guy gets attention is when he mentions McGregor
    LOL!! You don't watch a lot of UFC do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Scotty # wrote: »
    LOL!! You don't watch a lot of UFC do you?

To be fair, he's got a point. MMA fans know Khabib but the general public still wouldn't know his name if he hadn't smushed McGregor. And the general public won't be tuning in to watch his next fight either.

Khabib v Ferguson is a big fight for fans of the sport....... but the casuals don't care about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

MrStuffins wrote: »
    To be fair, he's got a point. MMA fans know Khabib but the general public still wouldn't know his name if he hadn't smushed McGregor. And the general public won't be tuning in to watch his next fight either.

Khabib v Ferguson is a big fight for fans of the sport....... but the casuals don't care about it!

Your looking at it from the causal fan in Ireland point of view ,
    Khabib is massive I mean massive in the Muslim world now , your totally ignoring how many fans he has out side Ireland and England ,

He is doing in MMA terms what the last year Mo Salah has done in football , He has given the whole Muslim world a new hero in a sport they really didn't have a superstar in .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Khabib is massive I mean massive in the Muslim world now , your totally ignoring how many fans he has out side Ireland and England ,

He is doing in MMA terms what the last year Mo Salah has done in football , He has given the whole Muslim world a new hero in a sport they really didn't have a superstar in .

Time will tell. I dont see this translating into PPV buys but I could be wrong.

Isn't that the point though, hes massive because of McGregor. How many ppv did he sell v Iaquinta? If he fights Tony next, one of the most anticipated fights in history, it'll probably sell 500k or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think you may be overestimating. He co headlined 219. 380k PPV buys. Headlined 223. 350k PPV buys. Headlined 229 with McGregor. 2.4 million. Biggest UFC event ever.

2 million more than his fight only 5 months previous. Unless we see numbers over a million for his next fight hes still a mid level draw. At best. Muslim world or otherwise. Unless you're actually into the art of the sport hes boring to watch.

Only 15 events ever have done over a million in UFC history and aside from 2 of them, all have involved McGregor, Lesnar or Rousey.

Comparing him with Mo Salah then, literally over 1 billion people watch Salah every single week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Rousey on her way back maybe. Wwe contract not being renewed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Rousey on her way back maybe. Wwe contract not being renewed

The game has compleatly passed by her one dimensional fighting she would be smashed up.

Also I'm not sure why this is in the McGregor thread if a mod wants to move to the general chat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement