Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Absolute gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Ugh, it must be tough for John being so much more intelligent than everyone else all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't see how that tweet to sounds or is trying to sound overly intelligent. :confused:
    Is his point just that a lot of stats are bull****? I don't disagree tbh. I've no idea what triggered the tweet.

Or what got Dahmer involved. Psycho of the highest order obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

So what is "Coach Kavanagh" getting at here?

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/1088227791789834240

That as long you spend most of your time not raping or killing someone, then it's ok if you only do it every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Kavanagh comes across a bit sly and sneaky. He always backtracks or has to explain what he really meant when called out on it.

Using a rapist serial killer to make a 'light hearted' iamverysmart post about percentages ... this week of all weeks. The lack of awareness is mind-boggling.

And then everybody who doesn't applaud him is just too slow to appreciate his wit. It's not that it was a ****ty and ill-timed analogy. Nope, ye are all too slow.

Scotty # wrote: »
    This is due to McGregors ability to hype up a fight. It's why he got to where he did. Right from that very first press conference "60 g's baby!!" up to him talking his way into the circus with Mayweather. It's what he was best at. (Imagine if tennis, golf, or snooker did the same?)

But, this is an MMA forum. To suggest that Khabib 'only gets attention when he mentions McGregor' is simply not true. It may be true in general news or gossip pages but it's not true here and not true in the world of MMA, hence my comment. The guy has won 27 out of 27 fights. He won the first 26 without losing a singe round. If anyone finds him 'boring' then maybe this is not the sport for them?

You are so wise i find stoke city boring maybe football is not for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Effects wrote: »
    That as long you spend most of your time not raping or killing someone, then it's ok if you only do it every now and then.

Yeah, by his maths all those days you just think about being a murderous, necrophiliac, cannibalistic paedophile rather than act on it, you're a pretty neat guy.

He's such a ****ing moron.

• Advertisement

Scotty # wrote: »
    LOL!! You don't watch a lot of UFC do you?

This comment says everything i need to know about you :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kavanagh is a top spoofer like most in SBG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I don't see the problem with what he tweeted, he was just showing how stats can be massively abused/misinterpreted.

What's so special about this week (of all weeks)?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

What does he spoof about?

Everything.
    He's a C class coach. Only has one other decent fighter- gunni who is a gatekeeper. Got lucky with mcgregor. It was a toss of a coin between Andy Ryan and JK who mcgregor trained with. Andy is still slurping sh1te while John is making millions a year selling snake oil. John has no black box product, the rest of the fighters who have come out of sbg are D grade fighters who are not professional calibre. Plus the fact he entertained connor's behaviour for so long is a slight on him; he should have stepped in many moons ago and clipped him around the ear. I'd argue it's even more sly now that he has booted connor when connor most needs him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

When did he "boot" Conor?
    Conor chose to train more at the gym in Naas because it's an easier drive for him and he is part owner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 mistearious

CatFromHue wrote: »

What's so special about this week (of all weeks)?

quite bad judgement in terms of a tweet considering speculation around a fairly well-known (former?) fighter who he coached.

or maybe Coachy K meant for that effect.

who knows...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Everything.
    He's a C class coach. Only has one other decent fighter- gunni who is a gatekeeper. Got lucky with mcgregor. It was a toss of a coin between Andy Ryan and JK who mcgregor trained with. Andy is still slurping sh1te while John is making millions a year selling snake oil. John has no black box product, the rest of the fighters who have come out of sbg are D grade fighters who are not professional calibre. Plus the fact he entertained connor's behaviour for so long is a slight on him; he should have stepped in many moons ago and clipped him around the ear. I'd argue it's even more sly now that he has booted connor when connor most needs him.

While Andy was still under JK he [Andy] was running SBG Northside when CmcG appeared on the scene, there was never a toss of a coin or anything close to that whether JK or Andy got CmcG.

Also Andy is hardly slurping anything but success. He's a pure martial artist with a massive love for all styles of martial arts and running a very big and successful club.

And its Conor, not Connor.

And btw, Conor has been training in SBG all week. He hasn't been booted from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Holloway posted from the Jameson distillery earlier today.....

https://twitter.com/blessedmma/status/1089242307243708418?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Holloway posted from the Jameson distillery earlier today.....

https://twitter.com/blessedmma/status/1089242307243708418?s=21

Supporting hard working families? Wtf how.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's a bold marketing move by Jameson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Max is on another level of whiskey promotion. Clearly the GOAT.

No watered down toilet cleaner there.

Supporting hard working families? Wtf how.

Functioning distillery for nearly 200 years providing inner city jobs maybe...

Until it closed production and became a tour thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Functioning distillery for nearly 200 years providing inner city jobs maybe...

Until it closed production and became a tour thing.

Could be a dig at Guinness who were sectarian and only employed protestants

Could be a dig at Guinness who were sectarian and only employed protestants

You mean Bushmills who were very sectarian?

Bushmills are no longer owned by Diageo (who do own Guinness)

You mean Bushmills who were very sectarian?

Bushmills are no longer owned by Diageo (who do own Guinness)

No i mean Guinness like i said

No i mean Guinness like i said

But Jameson world be getting back at Bushmills whisky who make proper 12.

McGregor had a rant against Jameson at a press conference while promoting his stuff

Obviously that is what is going on here

But Jameson world be getting back at Bushmills whisky who make proper 12.

McGregor had a rant against Jameson at a press conference while promoting his stuff

Obviously that is what is going on here

I know that... It was the supporting Dublin workers that was asked... You're right actually... Conor is all Dublin and got a northern whisky

I know that... It was the supporting Dublin workers that was asked... You're right actually... Conor is all Dublin and got a northern whisky

Fair enough. This is a whisky thing tho and I doubt Jameson would be seeking to bring religion into a marketing campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Coach Kavanagh blocked me on Twitter as I was making jokes about how Khabib’s bear would eat his lovely great shepherd pub for breakfast. What a douche!! And I am Conor no.1 fan.

• Advertisement

And they probably weren't going for religion angle as I said but it was fairly recently ( well 20/25 years ago) before Bushmills had even 1 Catholic working for them.
    They were notorious for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement