Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I didn't realise that pic was so big! Here is a smaller condensed version.

DyBONsFWwAADLFX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭robwen

Funny how that's announced today, and the UFC announced it.

Does Conor have to be in attendance?

This article says may attend in person or more likely over the phone

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/25870787/what-know-conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-jon-jones-hearings-tuesday

Funny how that's announced today, and the UFC announced it.

Does Conor have to be in attendance?
    According to Brett Okamoto Khabib & Conor will probably be on the phone or webcam and their lawyers will be there in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Autecher wrote: »
    According to Brett Okamoto Khabib & Conor will probably be on the phone or webcam and their lawyers will be there in person.

Yeah was thinking that they won't be in the same building together and neither seem to be heading there by their social medias.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Doubt conor using his socail media accounts, posted bout his new lines of suits. Order now and get it by st pattys day. Twitter errupted and was changed to paddys day. Surely he wouldnt make that mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

dave1982 wrote: »
    Doubt conor using his socail media accounts, posted bout his new lines of suits. Order now and get it by st pattys day. Twitter errupted and was changed to paddys day. Surely he wouldnt make that mistake

St Paddy's Day still seems wrong.

He'd want to ease up on the lines there for a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yeah, marketing tweets like that are usually handled by management/PR. Some goober in the states most likely.

Some have absolutely nothing to do with their social media at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

As regards the jurisdiction of The Times, the article posted is from The Sunday Times, which has had an Irish edition for many years. It is different from the paper you'd get in the UK, it has Irish news reporting and Irish journalists.

It's even had a daily Irish edition for two years now.

They have a Dublin based address, do they not fall under Irish law?

At the moment yes, they probably fall under common EU law, but not for long it seems. The issue was not that it was the fact that it was behind a paywall so was not free for all to read.

End of this discussion, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Finally, some McGregor related news (that can be reported as such.)

The lads won't be attending the hearing. Settlement reached. Probably some notional 3-6 month ban and a juicy fine for the NSAC coffers.
    UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and former champ Conor McGregor have entered into settlement agreements with the state and will not be present to go through full disciplinary hearings for their role in a post-fight fracas at T-Mobile Arena after their UFC 229 main event bout in October.
    https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/ufcs-mcgregor-nurmagomedov-avoid-nac-hearings-with-settlements-1584180/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I do find it interesting that Conor has been so public in showing that he's very actively training. Small chance of a fight announcement at Thursday's Press Conference?

BigMo1 wrote: »
    I do find it interesting that Conor has been so public in showing that he's very actively training. Small chance of a fight announcement at Thursday's Press Conference?

What presser is on thursday

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What presser is on thursday

From the article:

The UFC has scheduled a news conference to promote UFC 235 at 5 p.m. Thursday at the MGM Grand’s David Copperfield Theater, streamed by ESPN-Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

BigMo1 wrote: »

Or else he's trying to straighten out a bit after a while on the lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There have been pictures of him training the last couple of weeks which going by the last few years means there is a fight announcement coming very soon. Probably too soon to get into elite shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

What did Danis do to get suspended beyond defend himself from a flying eagle smash? I understand the hate the guy gets but all he did at 229 was defend himself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Rory28 wrote: »
    What did Danis do to get suspended beyond defend himself from a flying eagle smash? I understand the hate the guy gets but all he did at 229 was defend himself.

Part of team McGregor and got into digging matches with more than just Khabib while cage side.
    He also was probably a big part of it all kicking off with his smack talk from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I head he was shouting at Khabib and egging him to fight. So Khabib responded with the flying eagle

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Part of team McGregor and got into digging matches with more than just Khabib while cage side.
    He also was probably a big part of it all kicking off with his smack talk from the sidelines.

I thought that too until I watched the Khabib video from a few pages back. He said he didnt hear Danis calling him anything he just wanted to attack the team but John and Roddy were too old.

I wonder will that vid be taken into account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

I'd say the UFC will pull another stunt like they did with Jones and move any CM/KN rematch fight to New york or somewhere similar if they want it soon or will just allow the ban to pass

Dillon Danis isn't mentioned in the agenda for the meeting. Conor, Khabib, Abubakar & Zubaira are but not Dillon.

http://boxing.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/boxingnvgov/content/schedule/19_Agendas/2019-01-29AG.pdf

sexmag wrote: »
    I'd say the UFC will pull another stunt like they did with Jones and move any CM/KN rematch fight to New york or somewhere similar if they want it soon or will just allow the ban to pass

I think Dallas Cowboys stadium for Mcgregor v Cowboy. Last time Conor was in New York he threw a dolly at a bus. Probably for the best to keep him away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

sexmag wrote: »

They can't do that if there's a ban. No athletic comission will allow a banned fighter to compete until their ban was up.

The issue with Jones was completely different, he wasn't banned, they just couldn't get NSAC to have a hearing in time to sanction the fight so they moved it to California because CSAC agreed to call an emergency hearing and grant the licence.

NSAC would have given the same result as California.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 MMAbhoy

Just found this Podcast its class, lot of good guests on Conors Wrestling coach on this week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBVFHNJA3oA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 320 ✭✭WillieMason

Rory28 wrote: »
    I think Dallas Cowboys stadium for Mcgregor v Cowboy. Last time Conor was in New York he threw a dolly at a bus. Probably for the best to keep him away.

I hope it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Autecher wrote: »
    I didn't realise that pic was so big! Here is a smaller condensed version.

DyBONsFWwAADLFX.jpg

2000 on non-gaming activities.....coke and hookers baby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/01/khabib-mcgregor-jones-nsac-hearing-live-video-stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7ykGuXSA3g

NSAC proposes Khabib 500k fine plus 9 month retroactive suspension which may be reduced to 6 months if he partakes in an approved anti-bullying PSA. Don't count on him fighting until all his buddies are free though.

Zubaira Tukhugov gets 12 months

Conor 6 months and 50k fine

Roll on Cowboy in April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

So Cowboy in April then?

Can they announce a figgt while a fighter is suspended?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement