Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Only because 2015 Khabib had too many injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Effects wrote: »
    Found that story a bit boring to be honest.

Me too but I hate Cowboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

sc86 wrote: »
    beat nate handy ?
    as handy as last 2 fights again nate?
    he lost first fight easily
    won second 3 rounds to 2
    im a conor fan , but come on please lets be realistic

if same conor turns up again cowboy that we saw last fight then i wouldnt be very confident of victory

Fair enough, but I'm thinking Nate hasn't been active at all since. He stays in shape by all accounts but there's no substitute for the real thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

51654871_358226225027702_6091868013312458702_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk3ODE2NDU1MDQxOTkzNDM5OQ%3D%3D.250630180_2124699107840126_3049253387125650650_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk3ODE2NDYyMDQ5ODUzNDgyOA%3D%3D.251484237_578492002627569_7924422802295459227_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk3ODE2NDcyNjg4Mjg4NzE5OA%3D%3D.251530862_251546665767532_3520403743998376226_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk3ODE2NTk0NDc2NjAxODQ0Nw%3D%3D.250880595_171877347117219_3155170010759007799_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.cdninstagram.com&se=7&ig_cache_key=MTk3ODE2NDQ1OTc0NzUwMjcxOA%3D%3D.2

• Advertisement

If I had even a quarter of the money Conor I wouldn't even consider doing stuff like this and above. Fair play to him he obviously still has some fire burning for fighting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtzpNUtjGWC/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

Autecher wrote: »
    If I had even a quarter of the money Conor I wouldn't even consider doing stuff like this and above. Fair play to him he obviously still has some fire burning for fighting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtzpNUtjGWC/

I know a girl who puts on Gym clothes, gets the runners out and places them neatly beside the gym bag and takes a picture, uploads it to Instagram and then sits down to eat a packet of biscuits. Pictures of him in the gym mean SFA with his track record. When he signs up to fight, i'll believe it.

PLOPS wrote: »
    I know a girl who puts on Gym clothes, gets the runners out and places them neatly beside the gym bag and takes a picture, uploads it to Instagram and them sits down to eat a packet of biscuits. Pictures of him in the gym mean SFA with his track record. When he signs up to fight, i'll believe it.
    Believe what?

Believe what?

That he's training hard, sorry if I needed to spell it out.

That he's training hard, sorry if I needed to spell it out.
    So you think he got himself all sweaty so he could deadlift a grown man for some instagram pics then just stopped and ate some biscuits?

• Advertisement

So you think he got himself all sweaty so he could deadlift a grown man for some instagram pics then just stopped and ate some biscuits?

Welll if the glove fits....
    It would not surprise me if he has gone to the gym, splashed himself with some water, did a bit of posing while the little red lad takes a few shots, throws it up on Insta and has a few #FAST #Stamina qoutes and is gone in 30 minutes. He's nothing but a poser these days, if he really wants to fight, he'll sign on the dotted line the way he did for his first 3 years in the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

It would not surprise me if he has gone to the gym, splashed himself with some water, did a bit of posing while the little red lad takes a few shots, throws it up on Insta and has a few #FAST #Stamina qoutes and is gone in 30 minutes. He's nothing but a poser these days, if he really wants to fight, he'll sign on the dotted line the way he did for his first 3 years in the UFC.

Maybe he’s waiting for the Khabib rematch?

Which like most rematches the fighters are entitled to.

He only fought 4 months ago, he shouldn't (and isn't) even be considering the fight schedule of his first few years in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

He fought in October. Give over.

He took a year off once and people act like he's at Nick Diaz levels of inactivity or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I know a girl who puts on Gym clothes, gets the runners out and places them neatly beside the gym bag and takes a picture, uploads it to Instagram and then sits down to eat a packet of biscuits. Pictures of him in the gym mean SFA with his track record. When he signs up to fight, i'll believe it.

I reckon the professional athlete (which is his track record btw) is more likely to be training in this instance. Still, fair play on the comparison to a biscuit eating Insta-hun

He only fought 4 months ago, he shouldn't (and isn't) even be considering the fight schedule of his first few years in the UFC.

A fight every 6-9 months is reasonable to expect if he still wanted to remain active.

A fight every 6-9 months is reasonable to expect if he still wanted to remain active.

He's had 10 fights since July 2014.

I worry for people that have this much hatred bottled up for a pro athlete. It's not healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

dulux99 wrote: »

I worry for people that have this much hatred bottled up for a pro athlete. It's not healthy.

Yeah they definitely have some deep rooted issues. Reading comments sections every so often and seeing the same commited people is just sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

LOL, g'way will you.

He didn't just stop going to the gym the last while. If he did, he'd hardly still be in good shape.
    He still trains, not as frequently as a fight camp maybe, but he's not at home sitting on the couch eating a Chinese every night, or "splashing water on himself" as you seem to think

Yeah, because the guy is normally so inactive .........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Maybe he’s waiting for the Khabib rematch?

Which like most rematches the fighters are entitled to.

He is not entitled to a rematch with Khabib though. If you are beaten definitively by the champion you don't get an automatic rematch.

He is not entitled to a rematch with Khabib though. If you are beaten definitively by the champion you don't get an automatic rematch.

He doesn't deserve one. The fight wasn't close and was there was a very definitive ending.

I've seen some undeserving people get shots before...... but even Dana would struggle to justify this one

He fought in October. Give over.

He took a year off once and people act like he's at Nick Diaz levels of inactivity or something.

Raekwondo wrote: »
    Yeah they definitely have some deep rooted issues. Reading comments sections every so often and seeing the same commited people is just sad.
    Tazzimus wrote: »
    LOL, g'way will you.

He didn't just stop going to the gym the last while. If he did, he'd hardly still be in good shape.
    He still trains, not as frequently as a fight camp maybe, but he's not at home sitting on the couch eating a Chinese every night, or "splashing water on himself" as you seem to think
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, because the guy is normally so inactive .........

Gas, his last fight in MMA before the Khabib fight was Nov 2016, its now Feb 2019 i would argue its not too far off Nick Diaz levels of inactivity.

This thread is fairly active, compare it to the thread on Saturday night on UFC234. 4-5 pages of comments, lets call a spade a spade most of you are CMG fans and not MMA fans. you'll defend him at all costs.

Last weekend he said he'd fight Nate & Silva yet nothing. He's called out Cerrone last month and yet again nothing. He's an Insta hun if there ever was one.

Gas, his last fight in MMA before the Khabib fight was Nov 2016, its now Feb 2019 i would argue its not too far off Nick Diaz levels of inactivity.

I'm sure he was involved in something else in between. I mean, I can't really be sure as it was such a low-key affair. Maybe a match in a combat sport with a different rule set?

I'm sure it will come back to me at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

He doesn't deserve one. The fight wasn't close and was there was a very definitive ending.

Yes that is what I said....

Yes that is what I said....

Yeah, I was agreeing with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

This thread is fairly active, compare it to the thread on Saturday night on UFC234. 4-5 pages of comments, lets call a spade a spade most of you are CMG fans and not MMA fans. you'll defend him at all costs.
    I'm curious how you managed to stumble to that conclusion.

I'm sure he was involved in something else in between. I mean, I can't really be sure as it was such a low-key affair. Maybe a match in a combat sport with a different rule set?

I'm sure it will come back to me at some point.

Fairly sure it was golf.

This thread is fairly active, compare it to the thread on Saturday night on UFC234. 4-5 pages of comments, lets call a spade a spade most of you are CMG fans and not MMA fans......

How many posts did you have in that thread? How many posts have you had in the MMA Forum that weren't in this thread?

It goes both ways. There are some here who are only into McGregor. There are others who are only into hating on McGregor or anyone who supports him

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Last weekend he said he'd fight Nate & Silva yet nothing. He's called out Cerrone last month and yet again nothing. He's an Insta hun if there ever was one.

Been an MMA fan since 2004, big fan of Conors fighting. What a ridiculous statement. Suppose is the hip thing these days to act like people who like him know nothing.

• Advertisement

The only MMA related thread you've ever commented on was this one. Each post with rambling hatred for someone you've probably never even met.

Think you need to look closer to home when it comes to criticising peoples post's mate.

Life's too short to get bogged down in this kind of hate.

If my aunt had balls she'd be by uncle. You can't just ignore something because it doesn't fit your narrative.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement