Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dulux99 wrote: »
    The only MMA related thread you've ever commented on was this one. Each post with rambling hatred for someone you've probably never even met.

Think you need to look closer to home when it comes to criticising peoples post's mate.

Life's too short to get bogged down in this kind of hate.

If my aunt had balls she'd be by uncle. You can't just ignore something because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Hold on now...if your aunt had balls and decided she still wanted to be your aunt thats perfectly acceptable in this day and age...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

PLOPS wrote: »

This thread is fairly active, compare it to the thread on Saturday night on UFC234. 4-5 pages of comments, lets call a spade a spade most of you are CMG fans and not MMA fans. you'll defend him at all costs.

Haha, what nonsense. That's like saying people who post predominantly in the Man Utd or Liverpool threads are not football fans because they don't post in the weekly Premier League thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PLOPS

dulux99 wrote: »
    The only MMA related thread you've ever commented on was this one. Each post with rambling hatred for someone you've probably never even met.

Think you need to look closer to home when it comes to criticising peoples post's mate.

Life's too short to get bogged down in this kind of hate.

If my aunt had balls she'd be by uncle. You can't just ignore something because it doesn't fit your narrative.

You might notice this account was inactive for a while, i had another account which was more active on the UFC numbered threads. also, Virgin lost the rights to BT which made it more difficult to watch the UFC. Still watch all the fights, but not live unless i have my andorid box working. Its the reason i don't post in the live threads.

But yeah, I agree I actually have come to Hate him.
    Probably need to just let it go. I think its really down to really seeing him as a scumbag now. The company he keeps etc. nothing redeeming about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I know a girl who puts on Gym clothes, gets the runners out and places them neatly beside the gym bag and takes a picture, uploads it to Instagram and then sits down to eat a packet of biscuits. Pictures of him in the gym mean SFA with his track record. When he signs up to fight, i'll believe it.
    What track record, in relation to fake training posts? What has some imaginary insta-fitness girl have to do with anything? Haven’t caught up I nthe thread, but a bit lost here.

Reminds me of the people claiming he drove to the gym at 6am, but didn’t go in, to pretend he was training.
    Gas, his last fight in MMA before the Khabib fight was Nov 2016, its now Feb 2019 i would argue its not too far off Nick Diaz levels of inactivity.
    Why are you ignoring the Khabib fight? That was 4 months ago. He’s suspended for 6 months.
    This thread is fairly active, compare it to the thread on Saturday night on UFC234. 4-5 pages of comments, lets call a spade a spade most of you are CMG fans and not MMA fans. you'll defend him at all costs.
    You have essentially no posts outside this thread.
    Does that mean you’re not an MMA fan?

You might notice this account was inactive for a while, i had another account which was more active on the UFC numbered threads. also, Virgin lost the rights to BT which made it more difficult to watch the UFC. Still watch all the fights, but not live unless i have my andorid box working. Its the reason i don't post in the live threads.

Just seen this bit. You posted from your "other" account. Right ;)
    But you've been active on this account for months. With no posts in other threads.
    The event threads are active the whole week leading up to the events, not just live. Plus there's plenty of other threads (eg General MMA thread) . :confused:

You are free to post in whatever threads you want - but it’s really weird for you to call out others for only posting here. Just bizarre

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,488 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear - only one account per user is allowed. Posters can close an account and start a new one, but cannot switch backwards and forwards between accounts. On that basis I am instructing PLOPS not to post again. Any questions, or if you wish to stick to this account and cease using this one, PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Beasty wrote: »
    Just to be clear - only one account per user is allowed. Posters can close an account and start a new one, but cannot switch backwards and forwards between accounts. On that basis I am instructing PLOPS not to post again. Any questions, or if you wish to stick to this account and cease using this one, PM me

Can you share with us the name on his other account? Hes clearly here to wind us all up so would be nice to know his other account to ignore it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Can you share with us the name on his other account? Hes clearly here to wind us all up so would be nice to know his other account to ignore it!

I'll figure that out, already asked Beasty about it..

No more discussion of moderation on-thread, pm is your friend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭SteM

Just listening to Gastelum on Helwani's show. McGregor is 'Spreading his seed all over Ireland impregnating ladies..'

Feel like I need a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'd be more concerned with the fella spreading staph around Austrailia, and his team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

ESPN ran a poll on who Conor's next fight should be against with the options of Cerrone, Holloway, Nate or Silva, after 18,468 votes these are the results
    o8bsy1j3vgg21.jpg

Max replied in the comments of it too

https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/1095842167434539008

Max is really hard not to like.

I think it'd be a good fight this time around, with the improvements both have made since they fought. still think Conor wins though.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Max is really hard not to like.

I think it'd be a good fight this time around, with the improvements both have made since they fought. still think Conor wins though.

Yeah, Don't know how anyone could dislike him. He's a great fighter. And promotes himself well. Some fighter fights go down the sheriff nekbeard route. Pretending Conor fluked his way to a title. Max is smart, admits he young and growing, gives McGregor credit for double titles. Then points out how much he had improved in 4 years.

I think it's a close fight tbh. Max was young when he fought Conor. In some ways, he's following in Conor's footsteps. Moving to Lightweight, and has seen Conor make some missteps then he can avoid

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, Don't know how anyone could dislike him. He's a great fighter. And promotes himself well. Some fighter fights go down the sheriff nekbeard route. Pretending Conor fluked his way to a title. Max is smart, admits he young and growing, gives McGregor credit for double titles. Then points out how much he had improved in 4 years.

I think it's a close fight tbh. Max was young when he fought Conor. In some ways, he's following in Conor's footsteps. Moving to Lightweight, and has seen Conor make some missteps then he can avoid
    Oh definitely a closer fight this time around, Max has come on massive amounts in the last few years.
    That would be the fight I'd like to see over the others, I reckon he's more of a challenge than Cowboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Holloway is the fight I want too. Would show to me that McGregor still has the hunger to fight the top dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Everything about Max Conor II makes sense tbh - great build up, trash talk, you know it'd be a good stand up fight and I'd actually lean towards Max if we're looking at his last few fights where he just wears guys down, by the 4th round of each of his last few fights he's just completely battered his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

D'Agger wrote: »
    Everything about Max Conor II makes sense tbh - great build up, trash talk, you know it'd be a good stand up fight and I'd actually lean towards Max if we're looking at his last few fights where he just wears guys down, by the 4th round of each of his last few fights he's just completely battered his opponents.

Aye its a great match up. 50/50 fight for me. It's got everything you'd want in a fight, as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Fancy the Cerrone fight myself, but i wouldn't complain if he fought Max at 155. I just want him to fight and get a W.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

To be honest, i'd rather the Cerrone fight now. I want to see him get a win and I think he has a much better chance v Cowboy than he would against Halloway.

Holloway at 155 would be a better fight if Conor had the confidence of a man coming off a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I'd be more interested in seeing the fight with Max. Don't really care if he wins or loses at this stage so I'd rather see him fight max, and then Cerrone if he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Effects wrote: »
    I'd be more interested in seeing the fight with Max. Don't really care if he wins or loses at this stage so I'd rather see him fight max, and then Cerrone if he loses.
    And if he loses the Cerrone fight maybe it will be time to give Nik Lentz a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Do we think this JK tweet is about Conor?

Perhaps.
    Or perhaps JK just finished an intense few weeks training in Reykjavik, hit the Brennivín a tad hard and got a bit random and indiscretly tweety fingered.... those pseudo deep musings never quite as deep or insightful the next day (I suspect :p ) In which case it's about absolutley nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭creeper1

Well it is certainly cryptic but I guess not all things have to be about CMcG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

So is Conor on a proper 12 tour of America or is he scouting for a new gym? I see all these pictures of him in a new gym every day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whelo79 wrote: »
    So is Conor on a proper 12 tour of America or is he scouting for a new gym? I see all these pictures of him in a new gym every day or two.
    I'd say he's just on the whiskey tour and keeping up with training. Most of his regular training partners and coaches are in Iceland at the moment training for the Bellator show so none of them could go with him like some normally would.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Just getting some sessions in while he's over that way I'd imagine.
    Fairly normal for people to visit gyms in an area they're visiting or staying for a while so they can keep the regime going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Do we think this JK tweet is about Conor?

Didn't JK do an interview a while back saying he'd need to be persuaded into training Conor for a fight which isn't nate/khabib rematch. Now Conor ain't training with him and he's crying about it on twitter because he believes Conor isn't being himself by not going crawling back to him :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement