Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Options

Comments

Mellor wrote: »
    He also tweeted this the other night. Surprised there's no interpretive leaps

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1097336667927588865
    He's congratulating Kron Gracie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I highly doubt conor sees himself as the champ champ after the beating khabib handed out on him.

There's your answer https://www.instagram.com/p/BuDq47xjkeh/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Yeah that's fairly obvious.

No clearly conor jr. has signed a contract to compete in the new 30lb division of the ufc, haven't you seen him training in the background of conors instagram posts.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yeah that's fairly obvious.
    I thought so too, he had made some comments about Kron's UFC debut the previous day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Whoosh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads I have deleted a few posts, there are only so many warnings and so lenient I can be. If people are going to keep taking the piss and ignoring the warnings then expect bans and don't bother messaging complaining when you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYW3aUJE8zo

Just in case you get tired of psychoanalysing his tweets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads I have deleted a few posts, there are only so many warnings and so lenient I can be. If people are going to keep taking the piss and ignoring the warnings then expect bans and don't bother messaging complaining when you get one.

You must have the patience of a saint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

You must have the patience of a saint.

He certainly has more than me.

CQD on holidays for 2 weeks for ignoring the mod posts about what not to post about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

this article and comments from Audie Attar would seem to suggest that we may be waiting a little longer for any fight announcement than recent gossip suggested:

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/ufc-236-venue-193881
    "We're in little talks but nothing imminent. Let me tell you one thing, he's watching, he's listening, he's in tune... he's excited, he loves this sport and he lives for it."

And
    Attar did not provide a time-frame on McGregor's return but said any reports on a done deal for his next opponent are "inaccurate". Attar manages former UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson too and said 'we will see' when he was asked about a possible UFC 236 fight against Holloway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

He’s back in Dublin tomorrow for Bellator, hopefully doesn’t undo the hard training he’s been doing the last while:)

He’s back in Dublin tomorrow for Bellator, hopefully doesn’t undo the hard training he’s been doing the last while:)

Last time I watched an sbg heavy card I remember them losing in devastating fashion one by one. Hopefully they've picked some crappy opponents this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

that technique:eek:, was it his first time on a rowing machine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

CatFromHue wrote: »
    that technique:eek:, was it his first time on a rowing machine :pac:

Luckily he's not competing at a regatta this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    Luckily he's not competing at a regatta this weekend.

no but he is a "professional" athlete who is putting himself at risk of back injury by using ****e technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Who's the Ken doll in the labcoat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Who's the Ken doll in the labcoat?

Thats former Irish road cycling champion Julian Dalby

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

He looks like Dr.Cocaine in that video anyway, puts on a lab coat but couldn't tie the top button of his shirt and straighten up his tie. It's a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Also doesn't know how many Watts are an a hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

zuutroy wrote: »
    Also doesn't know how many Watts are an a hp.

But can probably spell tho unlike ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

But can probably spell tho unlike ;)
    88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa.png

So tony turned down a fight against holloway for interm 155 belt on the 20th (Probably mix of money + fact his worst matchup is someone who can possibly have higher output than him) Then he posted photo of mcgregor yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Never realised Audi attar managed Tony aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Thank god John politely told Conor to keep away tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wow that is embarrassing.

Absolute state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

strabanimal must be the stupidest nickname of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought I read that Conor was going to be at bellator? Did John actually advise him to stay away ( can't picture Conor listening to that) or is he just still in America?

I think America suits him, he has way more fans over there, majority of this country can't stand him and our media hate him. I know he's fierce loyal but if I was him, I'd pack up bags with Dee and the kids (hers) and head stateside full-time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement