Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    I never buy the 'have to train with the best to be the best' narrative that gets pushed sometimes, as you say there's definitely benefits to being the best guy in the room.

There's a benefit to being the best guy in the room. But how much better matters too. Being slightly better, is probably optimal. But being massively better can become a waste of time imo.

Tony might be the best MMA fighter in his camp. But he's rolling with guys as good or better than him regularly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I've footage I was talking about uploaded to my computer can anyone tell me how I can load it to a site to load it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I've footage I was talking about uploaded to my computer can anyone tell me how I can load it to a site to load it here.

Depending how long it is stick it here.

https://streamable.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just upload it to YouTube.

Just upload it to YouTube.

Too long it took me 3 hours earlier and still wasn't done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mellor wrote: »
    There's a benefit to being the best guy in the room. But how much better matters too. Being slightly better, is probably optimal. But being massively better can become a waste of time imo.

Tony might be the best MMA fighter in his camp. But he's rolling with guys as good or better than him regularly.

Out of the guys I named Tony and TJ are ones that move from place to find the best they can find but who's Max or Whittaker got that will rough them up, who's Adesanya got throwing him around the grappling mat, I can't see anyone from some quick research. This seems to come up around Conor on here because we're invested in him and know who's in SBG.

Saying that I'm not against having tons of great fighters in your camp, it definitely has it's benefits and Conor should explore it, there's still no set in stone right way to prepare/train for a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Footage of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Conor rolling in BJJ recently-ish

VW 1 wrote: »
    Conor rolling in BJJ recently-ish

No. Conor rolling competitively in 2015.

I've seen it too (not the recording). It's not very impressive.

Yeah I didn't say it was great hahaha. I said he wasn't bad.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Out of the guys I named Tony and TJ are ones that move from place to find the best they can find but who's Max or Whittaker got that will rough them up,

Whitaker trains with a 3rd degree blackbelt at Gracie JiuJitsu. And he was training with Lachlan Giles and Craig Jones in the lead up to his last fight. Not for very long though. Just like Conor utilises Danis I suppose.

Whitaker trains with a 3rd degree blackbelt at Gracie JiuJitsu. And he was training with Lachlan Giles and Craig Jones in the lead up to his last fight. Not for very long though. Just like Conor utilises Danis I suppose.

Seen Mike Perry give a valid point of Conor drilling wrestling with Dillon and how it's not good for his camps fighting a wrestler if he's a BJJ guy on his back as that's worst position for a wrestler to be in

I haven't seen this 2015 roll. But I he was decent in the 2012 euros. Competitive match with Kywan Gracie who was then a top purple belt (blackbelt now.
    Seen Mike Perry give a valid point of Conor drilling wrestling with Dillon and how it's not good for his camps fighting a wrestler if he's a BJJ guy on his back as that's worst position for a wrestler to be in

Conor drills jiu jitsu with Danis. Not wrestling. I'm not sure if Danis was involved in the Khabib camp. But he was there for Diaz II. Which made sense as Nate fights off his back rather than stringing takedowns.

Donald posted on Instagram that he's fighting McGregor on July 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Donald posted on Instagram that he's fighting McGregor on July 6th.

If the fight was actually made he wouldn't be posting it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah I think he's just trying to get it done by any means necessary #RedPantyNight

I haven't seen this 2015 roll. But I he was decent in the 2012 euros. Competitive match with Kywan Gracie who was then a top purple belt (blackbelt now.

Conor drills jiu jitsu with Danis. Not wrestling. I'm not sure if Danis was involved in the Khabib camp. But he was there for Diaz II. Which made sense as Nate fights off his back rather than stringing takedowns.

He was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

With the Audi Attar connection it's hard to see past Ferguson v McGregor next I reckon. Throw Cowboy in with Iaquinta and then you've got three really good LW fights on the horizon even with Khabib out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Surely he's trolling?

John needs to issue a statement. Most involved in the MMA scene in Dublin are well aware the situation. This isn't helping anyone.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Surely the tweet is a statement of sorts and echoes what others are saying here.

Conor is off sparring in different gyms which would be normal for someone on holidays.
    John is saying it's normal and welcomes it as it brings back new stuff to his gym.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Surely the tweet is a statement of sorts and echoes what others are saying here.

Conor is off sparring in different gyms which would be normal for someone on holidays.
    John is saying it's normal and welcomes it as it brings back new stuff to his gym.

He also tweets then after it to ensure the message is blurred. He is gone from SBG

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Better off for him IMO. Get out of Ireland completely. Go join a gym or build a team around him out in Cali or somewhere like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

John needs to issue a statement. Most involved in the MMA scene in Dublin are well aware the situation. This isn't helping anyone.

Unless he's banned Conor from his gym then I'd argue that issuing a statement would be foolish for a coach in this position. If a fighter wants to leave the gym and join a new gym or do their own thing then it's on the fighter to announce that. It's a blinking competition and won't be called out until somebody in the UFC media raises it with either party.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Unless he's banned Conor from his gym then I'd argue that issuing a statement would be foolish for a coach in this position. If a fighter wants to leave the gym and join a new gym or do their own thing then it's on the fighter to announce that. It's a blinking competition and won't be called out until somebody in the UFC media raises it with either party.

This speculation will lead to a rot setting in. They don't like eachs other stuff in a while now this is type of small stuff being noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

This speculation will lead to a rot setting in. They don't like eachs other stuff in a while now this is type of small stuff being noticed.
    A rot setting in where exactly? Either they've gone their separate ways and the people who need to know in SBG have been told, or they haven't and they've been told it's horse**** - there's no need for a statement to be released in either of those scenarios again.

D'Agger wrote: »
    A rot setting in where exactly? Either they've gone their separate ways and the people who need to know in SBG have been told, or they haven't and they've been told it's horse**** - there's no need for a statement to be released in either of those scenarios again.

Ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I don't get how people think he's leaving/has left SBG.
    He on his hols in America and getting some training in while he's there in various gym's, which he has done before.
    He hasn't been up in Concorde as he has no fight coming up and Naas is nearer, also he has ownership stakes there.

It's not like him and JK are BFF's, they're coach and fighter.

Whole pile of speculation from that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement