Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Axwell wrote: »
    This. For starters, WME/IMG bought the company for $4billion. It then offered some celeb clients the chance to invest with a minimum buy amount of 250k. Each one did not invest the same amount of money, therefore they do not all own the same amount of equal shares and the sum of their share amounts does not equal the total buyout of $4billion either. Stallone for example is reported to have invested $40m, Serena Williams, on the other hand, is reported to have invested $75m and Anthony Kiedis $17m.

Yes n if sereana decides shes had enough and wants out in a few years she may not get back 75m thats all that trying to say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yes n if sereana decides shes had enough and wants out in a few years she may not get back 75m thats all that trying to say.

Correct - same way the Fertitta brothers bought the company for way less than they eventually sold it for - valuations rise and fall. The confusion is coming from the use of the word share - people invested in the company, they did not all invest the same amount for an equal 1/24th share of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, and not just in his pro days with the UFC. When he was an amature with Cage Warriors he didn't defend those belts either. I think a lot of that was down to plumbing work commitments though.

Cage warriors is a pro promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Axwell wrote: »
    Correct - same way the Fertitta brothers bought the company for way less than they eventually sold it for - valuations rise and fall. The confusion is coming from the use of the word share - people invested in the company, they did not all invest the same amount for an equal 1/24th share of it.
    I was the second person to use 1/24th, but it was as an example. Of course people who invest more than others will get more shares (assuming they invest at around the same time). It’s irrelevant to the point, which as you are aware, is that the share valuation will go up and down, regardless of the fact that it’s not quoted.
    But of course valuation is only really important at a time anyone looks to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I was the second person to use 1/24th, but it was as an example. Of course people who invest more than others will get more shares (assuming they invest at around the same time). It’s irrelevant to the point, which as you are aware, is that the share valuation will go up and down, regardless of the fact that it’s not quoted.
    But of course valuation is only really important at a time anyone looks to sell.

The main point i originally tried to make is the company without Conor fighting is worth less. If Conor wants it as part of his retirement package it will be worth less because he retired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Then your "o" is b*llocks.

He knocked out the incumbent. Doesn't get any more "Champion" than that!

He won it yeah but he didn't have the mentality of a champion. He was bet before he even started fighting v McGregor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think the shares thing is for him to stay in the news, the old say something mad so it's reported thing.

I don't see any reality to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Pussyhands wrote: »
    He won it yeah but he didn't have the mentality of a champion. He was bet before he even started fighting v McGregor.

Stop, stop. For the love of God stop!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think the shares thing is for him to stay in the news, the old say something mad so it's reported thing.

I don't see any reality to it.

He was asked if he'd fight as co main and he answered by saying he would if he had a share. He has been saying he wants shares since before he even joined the ufc so no conspiracy here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You could say the same about Aldo. Would you say he wasn't a true champion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think the shares thing is for him to stay in the news...
    This tweet is from 2014, at a point when he had only fought Brimage and Holloway, and just been sidelined for almost a years with his ACL.

https://twitter.com/thenotoriousmma/status/474359523134939136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

......No

Effects wrote: »
    You could say the same about Aldo. Would you say he wasn't a true champion?

Multiple title defenses over a number of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Oh god

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I assume that's about TJ getting popped

He must be on the piss..

When he can control the one eyed snake he can call himself St Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Some recent quotes from that McGregor Q&A thingy.

On the Khabib fight and possible rematch:

"It’s easy to do this once, okay. It’s easy for someone to be given something and to just do it one time. You put your absolute all into it. But to do it time after time, year after year, that’s when the motivation kind of dips.
    That’s when the dedication kind of lacks and that’s when people creep up. That’s what I feel kind of happened here. I didn’t give him his respect, I marched forward and got caught with that overhand right.
    If I had switched on I would not get caught with that overhand in any form of combat. I am very confident, very eager and very much in shape. I’ve got to respect that. He’s a formidable opponent. He’s wrestled bears as a kid, put a lot of time in his standup. He was a lot sharper than I anticipated he was going to be, so I have to respect that. It was his big moment. If there is dispute, there must be a rematch. There was a dispute in my last one. I slapped his brother and his cousin around at the top of the cage. This is not over. So there is dispute and there has got to be rematch".

On Joe Rogan:

"He’s a great man, he’s got a great following, he’s got crazy insight, gets great guests, maybe at some stage of the game I’ll be on his podcast, who knows. I’d like him to call a fight how he sees it correctly, instead of reading off a script though. The Diaz rematch it was like he was reading a script from the first fight and that last one, he was talking about my face was being smashed in. I left that Octagon with a black eye, the same way his two rat cousins left with. His brother and his cousin left the Octagon with a black eye, so what is he [Rogan] talking about? But maybe one day I’ll be a guest on his podcast.”

• Advertisement

Haha McGregor will never go on Rogan unless he gets a script of questions before he goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Haha McGregor will never go on Rogan unless he gets a script of questions before he goes on.

I could see him on the show in the future

No need of a script Joe will like his arse for the entirety of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Joe already has a script of questions.

Have you ever smoked DMT?
    Do you think MMA is high level problem solving with dire physical consequences?
    etc...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ush1 wrote: »

etc...

I know you have a Gorilla tattoo, but what about Chimpanzee's?

I don't think Conor would be able to sit still for the few hours that Joe likes to take for his podcast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Autecher wrote: »
    I left that Octagon with a black eye, the same way his two rat cousins left with. His brother and his cousin left the Octagon with a black eye, so what is he [Rogan] talking about?”

Err, that Khabib didn't leave the octagon with a black eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Ush1 wrote: »

etc...

Joe: Pull that video of those kids on DMT Jamie.
    :Man, Schaub is killing it with his stand up these days.
    :Jon Jones is a bad muder****er, definitely GOAT
    :GSP is GOAT
    :You know what, Conor man, you have a claim to being GOAT
    :Nick and Nate are killers man, they just love fighting (2 years since either graced an octagon)
    :I love Dana, he tells it straight (constantly lies)
    :TJ isn't juiced, its Bang Ludwigs style. you know what? Bang might be the best trainer in the world these days
    :Jackson winkle John are the best in the world
    :You know what SBG might be the best gym in the world
    :My new show is probably my best work (not one single funny joke)
    :Matt Hume might be the best coach in the world now
    :Anderson Silva is the Goat, is there even an argument?
    :There you have it ladies and gentlemen, mighty Mouse is the Goat
    :Have you seen Ronda's hands these days? wooooh
    :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

joe pretends hes a big fan of conor but its obvious he dislikes him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

pgj2015 wrote: »
    joe pretends hes a big fan of conor but its obvious he dislikes him.

I don't get how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭pgj2015

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I don't get how

if you listen to his podcasts enough you will get what im saying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement