Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PB Courses

Options
  • 18-10-2018 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

When I'm planning races to do for next year I often google fastest race at xx distance to varying success. So from running a decent few races over the years here are the fastest courses I have run. Many of my PBs are not always on the flattest course but are often down to a higher quality field dragging me along. I have only raced one marathon course and a handful of HM courses. What our yer fastest courses and which would you recommend?
    Here are mine.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goneirileat

5K - 16:56 Jingle Bells, Phoenix Park
    5M - 27:57, Dunboyne
    10K - 35:43, Dunshaughlin
    10M - 1:00:24, Frank Duffy 10M, Phoenix Park,
    HM - 1:19:05, Flatline, Athlone
    M - 2:57:21, Dublin Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

5k: 18.25 St Cocas 5k, Kilcock( but reckon Bob Heffernan is faster route)
    5m: 31.43 Fr Murphy 5mile(now defunct)
    10k: 38.46 Dobbeloop(Seely Cup, Belfast fasted & most competitive I raced though)
    10mile: 64.19 Trim 10
    Half: 1.26.11 CPC Loop Den Haag
    M: 3.15.10 Köln Marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

5k 19:34 Bob Heffernan, flat, only 2 corners and with strong field to pull you along.
    5m n/a
    10km 41:47 Dunshauglin, however I think K club is faster course (when not measured long ðŸ˜).
    10mile St Cocas 10 from 10 (I have to say that cos it's mine)
    HM 1:34:26 Bohermeen, flat course and big field at my pace.
    Marathon 3:42 Rotterdam not a bump in sight never mind a hill, high temperature meant time was slower than what may have been but deffo fast course

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Armagh 5k, sure have you seen how fast people run that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

RayCun wrote: »
    Armagh 5k, sure have you seen how fast people run that one?

Not everyone can enter that though. Fast alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

5k: Kilcock, Rathfarnham and Enfield are the fastest around I think.
    10k Dunshaughlin, not exactly flat but everyone seems to run fast there. Also the K-Club BHAA is very quick.
    5 Mile: Dunboyne (BHAA), Terenure (ahem!), Raheny.
    10 Mile: Has to be Dungarvan for me. Great race
    Half: Charleville, without question.
    Full: Hard to beat Berlin for fast times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 goneirileat

Someday I might make the Armagh 5K although qualifying may be beyond me!

Some great shouts. St Coca's and Bob Heffernan 5k look great. Fast times and quality fields over the past few years.

The 10M in Dungarven looks like a great opportunity to have a weekend away with herself and get a quality race in. Would love to achieve a sub 1 hour or go as close as possible next year.

Charleville HM is definitely fast. Must sign up for it sometime although I do really enjoy the Dublin HM in the park.

There is also a very fast 5K in Tubbercurry if anyone looking for a fast race out west.

Advertisement