Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple October Event

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

new mac mini

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i'd be interested in this if I had a desk!

A pro mac mini? Yeah right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Dual-core. That will go down well. But at least they didn't get rid of the headphone jack.

RIP Magsafe.

Yeah, would agree the Magsafe is a loss... but personally I can get past that with the rest of the additions.. The screen was enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I have to say I'd be very tempted by the new Air as an upgrade that'll 100% see me through college.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

New Air starts at 1199 dollars. That's only a slight increase of 70 over old model. Not too bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

These new presenters are terrible. Where's Phil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Maybe Phil doesn't "love New York" :)

The audience is SUPER EXCITED THOUGH!!!!

:rolleyes::pac::pac:

800 usd for new Mini. I assume the Irish price will be 900-1000.

What's with this crowd? Steve all but levitated onto the stage and they didn't get this excited.

• Advertisement

Was that a dig a Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hey Apple… why don’t you open an Apple store or two in Ireland? Ffs…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Two great (and long awaited) product updates so far. This looks like an event filling in the gaps in the products apple have neglected the last few years. Wonder if they’ll sneak-peak the new Mac Pro due next year.

Crowd was awfully quiet during the MacBook Air announcement and now this. I assume they filled the room with managers from their retail stores.

Crowd was awfully quiet during the MacBook Air announcement and now this. I assume they filled the room with managers from their retail stores.
    I recon most were too busy typing away about the details. Because there wasn’t a ton of physical leaks for this even i’d Imagine a lot is new information they weren’t fully prepared for. Where most events they’d have a lot of the details pre-written.

Looks like an in joke!

Didnt get the reaction he thought he would on the no.1 computer

That looks nice!

DubDJ wrote: »
    I recon most were too busy typing away about the details. Because there wasn’t a ton of physical leaks for this even i’d Imagine a lot is new information they weren’t fully prepared for. Where most events they’d have a lot of the details pre-written.

There's definitely a disproportionate amount of employees in the audience compared to other events. Even fanboy journalists don't get that excited.

Love that the candy bar design is back with this iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

New iPad looks like a large iPhone 4 ... and that is not criticism!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

A12X Bionic!

Speeeeeeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So only the Ipad Pros get upgraded?

Regular one stay the same?

murpho999 wrote: »
    So only the Ipad Pros get upgraded?

Regular one stay the same?

We don't know yet, wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Wouldn’t be a massive surprise if the 9.7” iPad stays the same. Only released in late March and probably still selling pretty well at that low entry level price point.

I've had to stop watching the videos, did it say whether the new pencil would only work with the pros?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

I've had to stop watching the videos, did it say whether the new pencil would only work with the pros?

They didn’t say, but in any case magnetic attachement and wireless charging are unlikely to work. Even if the rest works, without these it might be hard for them to say it’s supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

New iPad Pro uses USB -C.

That's a major change.

Wonder what Apple are going to do with lightning now. Will all future iPads move to USB-C, will iPhone and standard iPads stick with lightning. Or are they just going to switch to USB-C as the one universal port?

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    Wonder what Apple are going to do with lightning now. Will all future iPads move to USB-C, will iPhone and standard iPads stick with lightning. Or are they just going to switch to USB-C as the one universal port?

This the fist part of the switch to USB-C i'd say

Advertisement