Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple October Event

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anyone hazard a guess at the price of the Macbook Air in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I’d say we are seeing the new design of the 2019 iPhone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    Wonder what Apple are going to do with lightning now. Will all future iPads move to USB-C, will iPhone and standard iPads stick with lightning. Or are they just going to switch to USB-C as the one universal port?

My 2 cents: iPad Pros move to USB-C and iPhones become 100% wireless (removal of any connector and use Qi for charging and Bluetooth for peripherals). Basic iPads either move to USB-C or to full wireless. And lightning dies once the AirPods and Apple TV remote also move to 100% wireless charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

mad muffin wrote: »
    I’d say we are seeing the new design of the 2019 iPhone :D

That wouldn't be a bad thing! Looks like the iPhone 5..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Vudgie wrote: »

Probably about 100 more than current models.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

From €909 for the 11" iPad Pro :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Store is back online. From 1379

€135 for the new pencil

Think I`ll give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

€1379

https://www.apple.com/ie/shop/buy-mac/macbook-air

• Advertisement

I had to stop watching for a while. Did I miss it or they did dare annoucing the price of the new iPads on stage?

Probably about 100 more than current models.

Looks 250 more?

Maybe I'm reading site wrong tho, don't understand the different new air models. Is it just the hard drive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I was thinking of the 11-inch, which is gone, so yeah, quite a lot more.

So 1044 for latest pro with pencil? Yikes!

I was thinking of the 11-inch, which is gone, so yeah, quite a lot more.

And is the difference in the two new ones just the hard drive. 250eur to move up to 256gb drive?

Headphone jack is gone on the new iPad Pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Apple has totally eschewed cheapness.

It’s not all bad. Lana is pretty good.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    And is the difference in the two new ones just the hard drive. 250eur to move up to 256gb drive?

Yeah, looks like it.

Yeah, looks like it.

Ah cool, seems odd it's just not part of a configure your mac type thing.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    So 1044 for latest pro with pencil? Yikes!

Yep and thats the smaller size with the minimum storage(64GB)

Shame. If they had kept it around the price of the older one(which I thought was over priced)I might have bitten as I really like the look of them but again I`m put off by the ridiculous pricing.

It may seem better value in a few days when they have been broken down and reviewed etc but they are too rich for me.
    Its not even that I dont have the money. It just seems mad pricing and there seems to be no end to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I still think Apple are making amazing products, and in some areas completely dominate the competition. But their prices across the lineup are going higher and higher.

I also feel they’re more and more starting to offer compromised products in favour of profits. For example laptops which still offer 128GB storage as base, despite how cheap this is especially for such a large company like Apple. Also in the iCloud area, offing 5GB as base is ridiculous.

There’s very little stopping Apple from pricing stuff at the same tiers as the previous products, other than the pursuit of profits. And I know they’re a business and the only reason they exists is to make money, but I know I’ve spoken to a lot of people who’ve been priced out of the Apple ecosystem and consider them a rip-off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

Disappointed by the price on the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

DubDJ wrote: »
    I still think Apple are making amazing products, and in some areas completely dominate the competition. But their prices across the lineup are going higher and higher.

I also feel they’re more and more starting to offer compromised products in favour of profits. For example laptops which still offer 128GB storage as base, despite how cheap this is especially for such a large company like Apple. Also in the iCloud area, offing 5GB as base is ridiculous.

There’s very little stopping Apple from pricing stuff at the same tiers as the previous products, other than the pursuit of profits. And I know they’re a business and the only reason they exists is to make money, but I know I’ve spoken to a lot of people who’ve been priced out of the Apple ecosystem and consider them a rip-off now.

Everything needs to be 10-15% cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I missed a big chunk of the event.

Did they say why they are keeping the 10.5 Pro ?

I missed a big chunk of the event.

Did they say why they are keeping the 10.5 Pro ?

I didnt hear but they still have it up on the store alongside the new one.

adox wrote: »

And the mini 4 ... the longest lasting iPad even though when it was released it more or less had the internals of the previous year’s iPhone and bumped to 2gb RAM. Actually shows iOS upgrades have been pretty good for older devices in the past few years.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Headphone jack is gone on the new iPad Pro.

More dongles... I presume people probably have lightning headphones that won't connect to their ipad now and probably don't have such a dongle as didn't need it till now :)

Kind of genius keeping everything a little out of sync.

Also, their line-up looks so confusing now. Taking the base configs
    13” MacBook Pro - €1,549
    12” MacBook - €1,549 (256GB storage)
    13.3” MacBook Air - €1,379

Also the Mac mini starting at €909 and also offers 128GB as base. It’s just not clear what model to go with based on those prices.

Plus, 128GB is mostly unusable for the majority and you still need to spend an extortionate amount to double that storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

adox wrote: »

That is what I mean - I had assumed the 11 inch Pro was replacing it.

I'll have to watch the event properly later. I'm finally getting around to actually buying an iPad but I don't know if I should go for a Pro or if the regular iPad is what I need.

• Advertisement

That is what I mean - I had assumed the 11 inch Pro was replacing it.

I'll have to watch the event properly later. I'm finally getting around to actually buying an iPad but I don't know if I should go for a Pro or if the regular iPad is what I need.

Is there USB-C earphones?

No the iPads don’t come with earphones. You can buy usb-c ones. OnePlus and Google just release inexpensive ones that seems to be pretty good as a standard set.

They’re just assuming most use Bluetooth ones at this point.

Advertisement