Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction timed out at ATM, account still debited

Options
  • 18-10-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was using an ATM in a garage this evening. I had wanted to withdraw 440 Euro but as these ATM's only dispense 250 Euro in each transaction i withdrew 240 first. It was very slow to process the transaction but eventually did, I then tried to withdraw another 200 but the ATM seemed get stuck at processing the transaction and after a few minutes said that it had timed out and returned my card.
    Looking at my account now on BOI 365 I have been debited for the failed transaction, will this auto correct itself? If not what will i need to do to sort this out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Barry1981

Thanks for checking with us here.

Yes the transaction should rectify automatically on your account, although it can take up to 5 business days.

Any further questions, please feel free to get back in touch. 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement