Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle parks dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi
    I want to cycle into work but have nowhere to park bike in Work is there anywhere or any shop that you can rent a space to store bike in town?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cliffo wrote: »
    Hi
    I want to cycle into work but have nowhere to park bike in Work is there anywhere or any shop that you can rent a space to store bike in town?
    Thanks

Drury Street car park has a big big park

http://www.dublincity.ie/upgraded-cycle-parking-facility-opens-drury-street-car-park

Also some other car parks have bike rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hi
    Thanks
    You might get more responses if you narrow it down a bit. 'town' is a big place.

PS - why would you think a 'shop' would provide bike parking? Their main objective is to sell stuff not to store stuff. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cliffo

Thanks ted1

There are a lot of countries where bike shops store your bike for the day for a fee just wondering was there any in Dublin

Town = Dublin city centre

There are a lot of countries where bike shops store your bike for the day for a fee just wondering was there any in Dublin...
    Ah, you didn't say bike shops. I thought you were wondering if Brown Thomas, Arnotts, etc, stored bikes!
    cliffo wrote:
    Town = Dublin city centre
    Eh, I know that. But if you said Dublin 1, Dublin 7, Dublin 2, Dublin 8 etc. it would make it easier. ;) It would be pointless if I recommended a great place in Dorset Street, if you work in Thomas Street.

You'd be better changing the thread title to Cycle Parking in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Ah, you didn't say bike shops. I thought you were wondering if Brown Thomas, Arnotts, etc, stored bikes!

Eh, I know that. But if you said Dublin 1, Dublin 7, Dublin 2, Dublin 8 etc. it would make it easier. ;) It would be pointless if I recommended a great place in Dorset Street, if you work in Thomas Street.

Good point!! Around Dame Street would be best

Good point!! Around Dame Street would be best
    As has been mentioned, Drury Street bike park would be your best option. Only a 5 min walk away and pretty secure IMO. Use it regularly myself.

If you intend to use it regularly, get a heavy duty lock and cable and leave in in the bike park.

Advertisement